Aldeer.com

Looking for a place with 1-2 hours of Birmingham

Posted By: BenC

Looking for a place with 1-2 hours of Birmingham - 04/19/14 12:40 PM

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum as well as Birmingham, AL. I am looking for a place to hunt hopefully within a few hours commute. Ideally I would like to lease something with small acreage by myself, but would also not mind to be in a club. I am 28 hunted my entire life in 1 management club. I don't get a chance to hunt as much because of travel but would just like to have somewhere to go when I am home.

Thanks for the help!
Posted By: Morris

Re: Looking for a place with 1-2 hours of Birmingham - 04/19/14 10:17 PM

Welcome aboard. Good luck with your search
Posted By: T-town

Re: Looking for a place with 1-2 hours of Birmingham - 04/20/14 09:33 PM

If your hunting time is limited, get in the least populated club you can afford. Good luck!
Posted By: RareBreed

Re: Looking for a place with 1-2 hours of Birmingham - 04/20/14 10:47 PM

I know of about 200 acres in the Suttle area next to me that MAY be on the market. Another guy from Bham came and looked at it a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if he jumped on it or not. If he doesn't want it I'll give you the landowners number. It doesn't have a camp but I guess if you wanted to put something primitive out there, it would be ok. Recently select cut pines with RMZ drains, and I think about 3-4 food plots. I need a good neighbor who won't be hunting a lot. We don't either so it works both ways. Probably hour and a half from bham. Suttle is southern Perry county.
Posted By: Bucktrot

Re: Looking for a place with 1-2 hours of Birmingham - 04/21/14 07:56 AM

Don't be focused exclusively on Black Belt land.... I tell ya... there are some big deer around B'ham. I've seen pix of bucks in St. Clair Co and good heavens!!!

Great luck to you, man!
Posted By: BassCat

Re: Looking for a place with 1-2 hours of Birmingham - 04/21/14 08:04 AM

PM Sent
Posted By: Corn Dog

Re: Looking for a place with 1-2 hours of Birmingham - 04/22/14 10:05 AM

Rare Breed I would be interested in the land near Suttle. Can you pm me a contact? Thanks
© 2024 ALDEER.COM