Aldeer.com

Marion Co. Drop Tine HC

Posted By: jdhunter2011

Marion Co. Drop Tine HC - 09/17/13 10:23 AM

Ok guys This club is about 2000acres just west of Hamilton. I just got in it myself and have never hunted it, so I can only tell you what I know. I have hunted the area and know there are some great genetics and really big deer there. The population is not real high so dont expect to see tons of deer every day but there is good numbers in the herd. I have looked at the land but not scouted (going this weekend), and it has a very good mix of Hardwood, thick pine, tall pine and cutover, and there is some bottom land with huge bean fields. One bean field is on the lease. There is a primitive camp site and a club house on another location. There is about 1 1/2 mile of pipe line, I rode about half and saw several green fields. Im pretty sure dues are $650 and its $125 if you hook up a camper for water adn power. PM me and I will send you a contact number for the president. He needs a few members.

Re: Marion Co. Drop Tine HC - 09/17/13 10:26 AM

Forgot to say it's 6pt or better, but the 2nd two bucks must be 8pts. I think they use a tag system for does and each member gets 3 but he said some never use their tags and he will issue theirs if you want more meat. He mentioned going 8pt or better after this season.
Posted By: spy

Re: Marion Co. Drop Tine HC - 09/23/13 09:52 PM

How many members?

Re: Marion Co. Drop Tine HC - 09/24/13 01:13 PM

He said they take up to around 30, but that the most he had ever seen on the land at one time was about 12. I scouted this weekend and put out some cameras. The land looks very good! Probably the best mix of terrain and timber of any land I have ever hunted. I havent scratched the surface yet, only fault I see is that every great spot I found had easy 4 wheeler access to it. Im going to have to work to find the hidden spots.
Posted By: aaaaaa

Re: Marion Co. Drop Tine HC - 11/12/13 12:44 PM

do they still need members
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Marion Co. Drop Tine HC - 11/12/13 10:01 PM

Any turkey on it?

Re: Marion Co. Drop Tine HC - 11/14/13 02:23 PM

Yea I pulled up and there were a group of turkey standing in front of my camper the other day. I mean close enough to spit out the door and hit them. There were several long beards in the flock. Ive only hunted it 3x's but have seen feathers and tracks.
Posted By: Hamiltonhunter

Re: Marion Co. Drop Tine HC - 07/20/18 01:37 PM

Does anyone know the president's phone number I am eager to get in touch with him and possibly become a member any info would be great thanks
Posted By: Shotts

Re: Marion Co. Drop Tine HC - 07/22/18 02:38 AM

Where is this property? West of Hamilton? What roads is it boardered by?
Posted By: Rmason

Re: Marion Co. Drop Tine HC - 07/22/18 01:58 PM

I was in this club a few years back.. Alot of cutover but never had trouble seeing deer, is Rick Hayes still the president?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM