Aldeer.com

Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL

Posted By: SUBU

Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/01/13 10:51 AM

We need one additional member for our club in Wilcox Co. Club consist of 1200 acres in one tract, 25 acres of summer and fall food plots, several large 3-5 acres plots, year round high protein feeding program, nice shooting houses, big hardwoods, covered up with deer and turkeys. We shoot 120+ or 4.5+ year old bucks only. Nice 3/2 camp house with central heat and air, satellite TV, cleaning shed, etc. Will be 4 members total, dues are $4,500. Serious trophy hunters only. Also need a few turkey hunting only members.
Posted By: garyw5757

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/02/13 05:51 AM

Located where in Wilcox?
Posted By: Bud Meadows

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/04/13 10:33 PM

I looked into joining this club back in November. At that time it was $3000 with plans for 6 members. Since then the guy who ran the club (Mark Curl) died of a heart attack at age 53 and the dues have gone up by 50%. Mark was kind enough to let me hunt for 3 days during the blackpowder season and although I saw TONS of turkeys I only saw one buck( a 1.5 year old). I chose not to join although everybody seemed like nice guys. Just my 2 cents.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/05/13 08:32 AM

That's alabama hunting unfortunately
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/05/13 09:55 AM

Bud, I'll start by saying I dont know a thing about the guys running this club and maybe I shouldnt say anything but your post rubbed me the wrong way. 6 members at $3000 each versus 4 members at $4500 each is still the same total of $18,000 for the lease and amenities. Basic math. Maybe you were not implying anything but it sure sounded like you were when you said dues were up 50% since the guy died. I've been in and run a lot of clubs, less members always equals higher cost per membership. Evidently these guys are willing to pay more each to have less members. It's their club and if that is what they choose to do then so be it. If you were not trying to imply something about them then i formally apologize in advance.

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/05/13 01:17 PM

ABolt- I wasn't "implying" anything- just stating facts. Since Mark Curl's untimely death I'm assuming Russ Bozeman is running the club and I'm not about to antagonize a prominent Camden attorney. In my post I refer to the members as "nice guys"- how does that get translated into some nefarious intent?? Your math is spot on- they chose to go with $4500 X 4 rather than $3000 X6. I think they're pricing themselves out of the market but that's certainly their prerogative. I've hunted in the Camden area for years and like it so much I want to join a club there- this particular club wasn't for me but may appeal to someone more affluent than this 66 year old retiree.
Posted By: Bowfool

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/07/13 10:42 AM

Is this near Gee's Bend?

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/07/13 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Bowfool
Is this near Gee's Bend?

Yes it's off Vincent Road just off County Rd 29 near Chilatchee Park Rd

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/21/13 01:07 PM

Not sure what club you guys are talking about, but that's not us. We've always had the same 3 guys and are looking to add one this year to bring the costs down. It is expensive to have so few members, but we would rather pay more to have better hunting. Less members equals less pressure equals better hunting.

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/21/13 01:09 PM

We are in Snowhill
Posted By: 270wsm

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/21/13 03:57 PM

PM sent

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/22/13 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: SUBU
Not sure what club you guys are talking about, but that's not us. We've always had the same 3 guys and are looking to add one this year to bring the costs down. It is expensive to have so few members, but we would rather pay more to have better hunting. Less members equals less pressure equals better hunting.

SUBU: My apologies for my erroneous assumption that it was the same club I had hunted last November. Same location (Wilcox Co) same number of members (3) and same total lease cost ($18000). Small world with two identical clubs so close to each other.
Posted By: Blackhawk

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/22/13 12:52 PM

Is this near Gee's Bend?
is that a long walk from Huntsville?
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/22/13 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackhawk
Is this near Gee's Bend?

Better start as soon as you can to make it there by the weekend. Just kidding, but I used to hunt in that area and the drive is what took all the desire out of me. The 5 hour drive made me feel like I was beaten with a stick when I got there. Son used to sleep all the way down and was ready to go when we got there. Used to be great hunting there to say the least.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/22/13 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackhawk
Is this near Gee's Bend?

Only 28 miles. Problem is, everybody wants to run. grin (link has some rough language)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nft9Y51IOfc

Posted By: quailhnter

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/23/13 09:24 AM

Sruttin that a$$. Lol.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/23/13 11:26 AM

thumbup
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 07/24/13 09:22 PM

Gees bend is a long ass way from ANYWHERE except Orrville, Safford, Alberta, or Catherine.

Snow Hill is on (or close to) hwy 21 in between Hayneville and Beatrice. Not too hard to get to and really convenient to Mtgy, Selma, or Greenville area
Posted By: themax1

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 08/04/13 05:27 PM

Please contact me at 251-282-6256. My name is Doug and I live near Monroeville.
Posted By: James

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 08/06/13 12:36 AM

Is y'alls camp on the left just curious cause I hunt off of Vincent rd also. I'm a member of chilatchee creek hunting club

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 08/07/13 02:41 PM

JAMES: That's another club that I mistook for this one, which is in Snow Hill
Posted By: James

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 08/08/13 01:27 AM

10/4
Posted By: HookemHorns

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 09/11/13 11:29 AM

I am interested in discussing your club. I have hunted Camden/snow hill area over the years,. I am interested in a quality low membership club. I live in Orange Beach. Please let me know. Thanks. Todd
Posted By: HookemHorns

Re: Need Member for Trophy Club in Wilcox Co, AL - 09/11/13 11:33 AM

I am interested in discussing your hunting club. I live in Orange Beach. I like the idea of a low membership club, and have years ago hunted snow hill area and Camden. please let me know Todd
© 2024 ALDEER.COM