Posted By: Jdkprp70

Re: Coosa County Lease - 08/29/23 09:49 PM

Could be Aldeer basecamp!
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Coosa County Lease - 08/29/23 11:57 PM

I do not think i can step that high !!!
Posted By: low wall

Re: Coosa County Lease - 08/30/23 12:24 AM

$65K kfor 1,209 acres? Probably shouldn't mention this to my landowner.....We are abou5 4-5 miles away.
I remember seeing this property advertised for sale a few years ago. Neat tract.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Coosa County Lease - 08/30/23 02:58 AM

One of my college buddies step-dad owned it. We hunted it a few times. The only pic I have of my dad, my brother and my son hunting together was at Barton Ridge 20 years ago. 3 generations hunting once and it was there. It’s a stunning property. I’d put the hunting, the fishing, amount of game, and the overall quality of land up against any tract this size or bigger in the state. I’m gonna text this to my buddy now. This place would be the 1st place I’d try to buy if I ever hit the lottery. Whoever gets it will have the time of their lives.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Coosa County Lease - 08/30/23 03:40 AM

🤣🤣🤣🤣$50 a acre in Alabama the statement a fool and his money are easily parted doesn’t even come close to this.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Coosa County Lease - 08/30/23 09:04 PM

For $48K in lease fees they can take the $150 hunt club fee and shove it up their arse. lol.
Posted By: Colt1917

Re: Coosa County Lease - 08/31/23 01:25 PM

I was a member there when it was about 4,000 acres for a turkey season, a deer season, and another turkey season. Great property.
Posted By: XVIII

Re: Coosa County Lease - 08/31/23 02:53 PM

hmmm...

"This property has been under strict QDMA practices for decades, with 150" deer being common."
Posted By: bow777

Re: Coosa County Lease - 08/31/23 04:08 PM

nothing common about 150" deer unless it's high fence

"This property has been under strict QDMA practices for decades, with 150" deer being common."
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/01/23 12:34 AM

Hard to believe that Coosa co commonly produces 150 in deer
Posted By: sj22

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/01/23 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by lectrode

It doesn’t, I hunt probably a mile from this place and we’ve never killed or had pictures of anything close to 150. Lots of deer but we’ve never seen anything really special

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/01/23 11:16 AM

I've hunted several different areas of Coosa County over the years and there are some nice deer and I'm sure there are a few 150s scattered about. But I don't see it being normal. Now the turkey hunting is usually very good !!!
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/01/23 02:28 PM

They are probably defining normal as every couple years they see or get one on camera. So technically there are 150s running around. The property probably has potential of producing a few that’ll go 150 over a 5-10 year span.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/01/23 11:30 PM

I'm sure 65 of us would give a $1000 each to hunt this... what could go wrong?
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/02/23 11:43 AM

1309 acres $45,800 is what I see in the article.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/02/23 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2
1309 acres $45,800 is what I see in the article.

I see the same. $35/acre is still pretty rich for Alabama hunting land.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/02/23 05:22 PM

ALDeer math grin
Posted By: CNC

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/02/23 05:35 PM

Ya'll may think these are stupid prices but this is where we're headed......Somebody out of Florida or Atlanta will probably scoop it up
Posted By: kkfish

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/03/23 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by CNC
Ya'll may think these are stupid prices but this is where we're headed......Somebody out of Florida or Atlanta will probably scoop it up

Yep all day

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/03/23 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by sj22

It doesn’t, I hunt probably a mile from this place and we’ve never killed or had pictures of anything close to 150. Lots of deer but we’ve never seen anything really special

Your idea of “really special” and mine are worlds apart brother! I’ve seen what y’all kill and you and I know there are some beasts in those Coosa hills! Not behind every tree, but they are there. Wouldn’t shock me in the least if that tract held a 150 class deer.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/03/23 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by kkfish
Originally Posted by CNC

Yep all day

There's a lot of naive folks saying.... "That doesnt effect me!".....who arent gonna see it coming until $35 an acre leases their land out from under them......Its no different than real estate "comps".....When someone in your neighborhood sets the price point at $35.....then other landowners will start raising their prices too. Its the very reason you see folks throwing out those crazy prices on the ALFOA website each year.....They're just fishing for someone to bite on it and raise the comps for the area so they can jack up the rest of it. It just is what it is I guess......

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/03/23 07:10 PM

What part of Coosa Co would yall say might hold the best potential for 150 ish size deer ?
Posted By: ALclearcut

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/04/23 11:05 PM

"Hunters will be responsible for harvesting a set number of does for landowners consumption. Landowners will determine the number."

They want 35 bucks and acre for below average Coosa County land, plus they require you to kill does and give the owners the meat???? Sounds like an arrangement you make with a local farmer for a free spot to hunt, not a $35 an acre commercial lease.

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/05/23 02:20 AM

What part of Coosa Co would yall say might hold the best potential for 150 ish size deer ?

1.5 miles either side off Hachett creek
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/05/23 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc

1.5 miles either side off Hachett creek

There’s some damn good deer in that area. Morris hunted not far from there and had as good a quality deer on his place as I’ve seen anywhere.

Re: Coosa County Lease - 09/05/23 12:53 PM

I did see a really nice one killed a year or two ago, i believe it was on Hatchett creek hunting club
Posted By: treemydog

Re: Coosa County Lease - 10/26/23 12:06 AM

There ain't no way. I'd hunt WMAs and be satisfied with a doe or two a year before shucking that kind of bread out for hunting rights.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM