Aldeer.com

osceola recs- guided

Posted By: i10duck

osceola recs- guided - 02/18/23 10:57 AM

looking for recommendations from someone who has been on a successful guided osceola trip recently. thanks!
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: osceola recs- guided - 02/19/23 12:27 AM

Always heard they were harder to kill than Easterns but they were just as easy to call up and none of us went home empty. Hunted on some private land that backed up to some federal. Good luck and good hunting.
Posted By: Deesskuchen10

Re: osceola recs- guided - 02/19/23 01:19 AM

/southernoutdooroutfitters.com Paul definitely has plenty of birds but it’s not cheap. 5 of us tagged out on the first day.
Posted By: quailman

Re: osceola recs- guided - 02/19/23 02:06 AM

Got a buddy down around the Tampa area that does these hunts. Let me know if you want his info.
Posted By: wmd

Re: osceola recs- guided - 02/19/23 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Deesskuchen10
/southernoutdooroutfitters.com Paul definitely has plenty of birds but it’s not cheap. 5 of us tagged out on the first day.

And already fully booked for 2023 & 2024. That's crazy that you have to book a turkey hunt 2 years in advance, but when options are limited I guess you do what you got to do.
Posted By: cgardner

Re: osceola recs- guided - 02/19/23 02:33 PM

I’m going on March 20th. They claim 100% success rate. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.
Posted By: i10duck

Re: osceola recs- guided - 02/19/23 04:54 PM

thank y’all! please keep us updated
Posted By: quailman

Re: osceola recs- guided - 02/19/23 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by i10duck
looking for recommendations from someone who has been on a successful guided osceola trip recently. thanks!

PM inbound.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: osceola recs- guided - 02/19/23 07:11 PM

Good luck! I’ll be down there march 9-15…on private though unguided. Looking forward to the adventure!
Posted By: Deesskuchen10

Re: osceola recs- guided - 02/19/23 08:44 PM

It was a great place to hunt for our group. If you’re looking for a nice lodge and good meals I would go somewhere else. Lodging is a camper with a harbor freight generator powering it. I’m use to roughing it so it wasn’t a problem for me. The meal provided was a gas station biscuit and KFC. The hunting was phenomenal and I got to complete my slam.
Posted By: Jstocks

Re: osceola recs- guided - 02/19/23 08:49 PM

I’ve been twice. Sent some others here to the guy I went with. Someone from here sent me to him.

Sent you a pm.
Posted By: top cat

Re: osceola recs- guided - 02/20/23 06:21 PM

I killed a bigun my first day. Spent the next 2 wearing out bass in a stocked pond.
Posted By: Bama_Sleeper

Re: osceola recs- guided - 03/19/23 10:31 AM

Southern Outdoor Outfitters

Paul and Sara Byrd are awesome for any of your Florida hunting adventures! Great people with a very high success rate! Tell Sara and Ranger that Jamey sent you.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: osceola recs- guided - 03/20/23 12:53 AM

Good God. North of 3k to kill an Ocelola? I may just end up with 3/4 of the slam.

Re: osceola recs- guided - 03/20/23 02:55 AM

These folks kill a bunch of Osceolas every year ... but it is $3k which seems to be the going rate.
Everglades Adventures
Posted By: howl

Re: osceola recs- guided - 03/20/23 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
Good God. North of 3k to kill an Ocelola? I may just end up with 3/4 of the slam.

$3k is a lifetime of trips to pitch a tent on public. I think you may get lucky once or twice if you go that often.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: osceola recs- guided - 03/20/23 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by howl

$3k is a lifetime of trips to pitch a tent on public. I think you may get lucky once or twice if you go that often.

I mean for people who don’t work like these YouTube groups…now granted, 3k is a lot of money for a bird but for the time I would have to take off work to have a very good chance at killing, it would cost me more overall to do the public route etc as well as others. Just throwing that out as people tend to neglect the money missed by not working as well as travel, food, etc expenses

Re: osceola recs- guided - 03/20/23 03:43 PM

There are indeed tax slaves who only get a couple weeks leave per year. Can't count food though unless you only eat when you hunt. Probably already have camping gear. Gotta buy a license regardless.
Posted By: Peach

Re: osceola recs- guided - 03/20/23 04:29 PM

My buddy just got back from a public land hunt in South Florida. He stayed in a tent for ten days and heard his first gobbler on day nine and killed him on day ten. He said out-of-staters everywhere.

Re: osceola recs- guided - 03/20/23 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Peach

My buddy just got back from a public land hunt in South Florida. He stayed in a tent for ten days and heard his first gobbler on day nine and killed him on day ten. He said out-of-staters everywhere.

Sounds about right. Did well, too.

Re: osceola recs- guided - 03/21/23 02:55 AM

Doc - it's only money and an Osceola!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM