Aldeer.com

Hunting club near st.clair county

Posted By: Willis.308

Hunting club near st.clair county - 01/11/23 09:29 PM

Any hunting clubs near st.clair or surrounding counties looking for new members? Currently in a club and have been last two years but it is almost two hours away so I do not get to hunt as often as I would like. It also takes me a tank of gas there and back pulling my sxs so it is expensive for me to go when I do get to go. Located in pell city so looking for something close to the area as I can get. Thanks!
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Hunting club near st.clair county - 01/13/23 04:06 PM

Majestic outdoors mite have some openings it's close to Pell city on 174. Several clubs around Ragland. I may can get you some contact info on a couple send me a pm
Posted By: Willis.308

Re: Hunting club near st.clair county - 01/14/23 09:11 PM

Ar1220 sent you a mesage
Posted By: Sheepdog

Re: Hunting club near st.clair county - 01/19/23 05:30 PM

I came here to ask the same question and just saw this. I'm looking for a place in St Clair County as well.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Hunting club near st.clair county - 01/20/23 04:16 AM

Sheepdog send me a pm and Willis check your pms
Posted By: Bama two

Re: Hunting club near st.clair county - 01/20/23 09:08 PM

I would like to have some contact information for any clubs in southern St. Clair around the sod farm or any East of 231 around Or South of Wolf Creek. Please me.

Thanks!
Posted By: lakelife

Re: Hunting club near st.clair county - 02/24/23 10:26 PM

I am looking for a culb in St.clair county to. Somewhere between neely henry and Oneonta.

I was in R&S hunting club in Ragland this past season. Not the club for me. Looking for a better fit.
Posted By: geeb1

Re: Hunting club near st.clair county - 02/24/23 11:04 PM

Good luck, I can't find anything except majestic
Posted By: desertdog

Re: Hunting club near st.clair county - 02/25/23 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by lakelife
I am looking for a culb in St.clair county to. Somewhere between neely henry and Oneonta.

I was in R&S hunting club in Ragland this past season. Not the club for me. Looking for a better fit.

What were your issues with R&S Lakelife?
Posted By: lakelife

Re: Hunting club near st.clair county - 02/25/23 03:32 PM

The members that have been in the club for 10,15,20 years did not like me bouncing around hunting everywhere. I was trying to find deer and learn the land. 5000 acres is a lot to learn. I was hunting "their spots " and I killed "their deer". The antler restrictions and weight requirements was not the same for the new members. I killed a smaller deer and had to pay the 250$ fine which I was ok with then I saw 3 other deer that was under the restrictions but they didn't have to pay. I ran 10 cameras and I got some of the same deer on my cameras that they had and I made the mistake of showing them and then I went in and killed the biggest one. They didn't like that so I believe that is why they told me and my 2 buddies that they were cutting back on members and didn't let us renew our membership. 1000$ 62 members on 5000 acres
Posted By: desertdog

Re: Hunting club near st.clair county - 02/25/23 07:54 PM

Wow! Thanks for the info
Posted By: BatesConst

Re: Hunting club near st.clair county - 02/27/23 12:13 AM

It's slim pickings trying to find a hunting club in St. Clair or Etowah county. And closet public isn't is an hour away.
Posted By: Colt1917

Re: Hunting club near st.clair county - 03/03/23 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by lakelife
The members that have been in the club for 10,15,20 years did not like me bouncing around hunting everywhere. I was trying to find deer and learn the land. 5000 acres is a lot to learn. I was hunting "their spots " and I killed "their deer". The antler restrictions and weight requirements was not the same for the new members. I killed a smaller deer and had to pay the 250$ fine which I was ok with then I saw 3 other deer that was under the restrictions but they didn't have to pay. I ran 10 cameras and I got some of the same deer on my cameras that they had and I made the mistake of showing them and then I went in and killed the biggest one. They didn't like that so I believe that is why they told me and my 2 buddies that they were cutting back on members and didn't let us renew our membership. 1000$ 62 members on 5000 acres

This sounds like a classic case of what's wrong with the worst clubs. While I've never been in one that was this bad, I've had similar problems with one set of rules for old members and another for new members. Which is why I doubt I'll ever join another club. I've got at least three friends who have farms with decent deer populations, and I can usually get invited enough to kill at least one deer per year which is sufficient for me.

Good luck!
Posted By: Bulls eye

Re: Hunting club near st.clair county - 03/04/23 01:35 PM

I’ve been in one that was worse. 2 good bucks and they got rid of me. Had cameras and blinds stole by the club President because they were around his spots. It was actually a great piece of land except for the idiots hunting it
© 2024 ALDEER.COM