Aldeer.com

Cedar Creek -The Roost

Posted By: PastorJack

Cedar Creek -The Roost - 05/10/22 02:04 PM

I've been in a lease from Cedar Creek timber company for the last 12 years called Golf and Gun. We had 2577 acres on the Conecuh River in Roberts, AL between Brewton and Andalusia. We had the lease for over 30 years and just lost it because they are expanding their shareholder hunting area (called the Roost) by taking our leased area. I know it's their right and their land. I'm just sad. My kids shot their first deer on this piece of land and I've brought so many friends to get their first deer here. It didn't have the biggest deer, but we got some good ones from time to time. It's a special place to me and we have done so much to improve it. We have to be out by August 1st and we just found out yesterday. My buddies and I will be looking for a new lease option and would love to stay together, but I know it's gonna be hard to find something like what we had. I'm just a little depressed this morning and wanted to commiserate with some people who would understand.
Posted By: RandyC

Re: Cedar Creek -The Roost - 05/10/22 05:50 PM

While my lease was five years I understand the feeling. I'm looking as well after having a great set up. It happens, but its disappointing.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Cedar Creek -The Roost - 05/10/22 08:54 PM

This is why im becomin a billionaire..if i keep goin like im goin..ill be a billionaire by the year 2793
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Cedar Creek -The Roost - 05/11/22 12:19 AM

I’m in the same boat. Sucks
© 2024 ALDEER.COM