Aldeer.com

Kentucky lease?

Posted By: twaldrop4

Kentucky lease? - 11/29/21 08:55 PM

What’s the best avenue to find some acreage to lease in KY. I’m not looking to join a club, as I want somewhere I can take the wife and kids some. I’d like to find 100+ acres to lease on my own. I’m nervous of these leasing sights on the internet. Do any of you have any contacts you wouldn’t mind sharing.
Posted By: Hix14

Re: Kentucky lease? - 11/30/21 01:01 AM

Check out Merk farms hunting
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Kentucky lease? - 12/08/21 06:46 PM

Base camp
Hunt lease network also
Posted By: BIGBUCK01

Re: Kentucky lease? - 12/21/21 02:56 PM

Just be careful of some of these leasing sites.. most of them are wanting $34 an acre, and the land isn't worth anywhere close to that. Plus they leave out a lot of stuff about the land.. If you can go through a land owner, they're only asking $20-25 an acre
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Kentucky lease? - 12/31/21 01:01 PM

We leased a place of base camp years ago it it was a waste. Only paid $10/acre but we leased 1,100 acres. Beautiful country, but land owner had family hunting it. Sheep that were free range and messed up a lot of hunts. And just not many deer. We probably had 30 “hunter days” out there and never killed a buck. So yes be very cautious leasing from these sites. To any Alabama boy every thing in KY looks like it should be the best farm ever, but remember if it’s up for lease that means someone else didn’t want it.

Re: Kentucky lease? - 12/31/21 04:28 PM

I have heard those horror stories. I would prefer to find a farmer or landowner that i could deal directly with.
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Kentucky lease? - 01/01/22 02:20 PM

Best way to find property is gas money and knock on doors. Talk to people who hunt up that way find what area to start in.
Posted By: bill

Re: Kentucky lease? - 01/01/22 06:54 PM

I live 10 minutes from Christian and Todd County. I'll put some feelers out with the farmers i know.
Posted By: Droptine-13

Re: Kentucky lease? - 01/02/22 12:54 AM

I'd be interested in something too

Re: Kentucky lease? - 01/03/22 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by bill
I live 10 minutes from Christian and Todd County. I'll put some feelers out with the farmers i know.

Man I’d greatly appreciate it.
Posted By: HailState253

Re: Kentucky lease? - 01/14/22 08:58 PM

I would be very interested in something smaller as well. Or even going in together with some members from the site.
Posted By: JohnG

Re: Kentucky lease? - 01/14/22 09:47 PM

My BIL found some cheap strip mine land, around $5 an acre on the west side on the state several yeas ago. Took a lot of good deer off of it including one that scored 250 something, was the #2 non typical when recorded. Look it up, his name is Robert Taylor from Chattanooga. He gave it up because it was too far to travel. Think he’s coming down to hunt with me next week and I will ask him the scoop. He deals with giant equipment and knows people in that industry.
Posted By: Okatuppa

Re: Kentucky lease? - 01/15/22 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by JohnG
My BIL found some cheap strip mine land, around $5 an acre on the west side on the state several yeas ago. Took a lot of good deer off of it including one that scored 250 something, was the #2 non typical when recorded. Look it up, his name is Robert Taylor from Chattanooga. He gave it up because it was too far to travel. Think he’s coming down to hunt with me next week and I will ask him the scoop. He deals with giant equipment and knows people in that industry.

I read the article about that buck in North America Whitetail Magazine.
Definitely the buck of a lifetime!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM