Aldeer.com

New to Cullman/Cullman County -

Posted By: NCPirate

New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/15/21 09:57 PM

Looking for a club in Cullman or Cullman County, can anybody recommend one?
Posted By: Ol’Tom

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/18/21 12:21 AM

Check your PM
Posted By: FreeStateHunter

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/21/21 04:43 AM

I hate to piggy back but I would be interested too.
Posted By: James

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/22/21 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by FreeStateHunter

Dang i just don't see how someone can actually go 5 1/2 years and only make one post 😃
Posted By: abolt300

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/22/21 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by James

Dang i just don't see how someone can actually go 5 1/2 years and only make one post 😃

He's probably just shy!

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/22/21 07:49 PM

There can be many reasons actually, one might be to only post when needed - some folks will post just to post, obviously.
I would ask you why you feel it worth your time to post a comment like that? I asked a question because I'm in a new area of which I know very little of,
before, I was already in a super club and didn't need anything, and found it interesting to read what was being said here.

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/23/21 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by NCPirate

There can be many reasons actually, one might be to only post when needed - some folks will post just to post, obviously.
I would ask you why you feel it worth your time to post a comment like that? I asked a question because I'm in a new area of which I know very little of,
before, I was already in a super club and didn't need anything, and found it interesting to read what was being said here.

Worth my time? Well i actually know a few clubs in the area, and when i first read your post i seen "new to the area" and i seen you had Cullman in your profile and i thought to myself hmmmmm. But then i figured hey he must've updated that on the move! Then of course i seen only one post since 2016, so i was obviously a little curious, so i posted what i did just to put out some feelers. And i have to be honest, i don't believe you'd fit in either place since you was that offended by post (because hey they like to joke lol) With that said, i hope ya find a place, and feel free to have my posts removed 😏

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/23/21 01:13 AM

I'm an Army combat vet, and if you don't think I have a sense of humor, you're wrong.
I wasn't then, and am not now offended by anything said to this point.
I don't think you said anything that makes me feel that I need to delete anything you said either - Iol.

Worth my time? Well i actually know a few clubs in the area, and when i first read your post i seen "new to the area" and i seen you had Cullman in your profile and i thought to myself hmmmmm. But then i figured hey he must've updated that on the move! Then of course i seen only one post since 2016, so i was obviously a little curious, so i posted what i did just to put out some feelers. And i have to be honest, i don't believe you'd fit in either place since you was that offended by post (because hey they like to joke lol) With that said, i hope ya find a place, and feel free to have my posts removed 😏

I'm an Army combat vet, and if you don't think I have a sense of humor, you're wrong.
I wasn't then, and am not now offended by anything said to this point.
I don't think you said anything that makes me feel that I need to delete anything you said either - Iol.

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/23/21 01:29 AM

Cool👍👍
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/23/21 01:40 AM

I like cullman proper. I may just move there before too long. It’s a clean nice city and area. And well there’s no........
Posted By: jb20

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/23/21 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
I like cullman proper. I may just move there before too long. It’s a clean nice city and area. And well there’s no James.....

😀
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/23/21 01:58 AM

😆😆😆😆

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/23/21 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by jb20
Originally Posted by 257wbymag
I like cullman proper. I may just move there before too long. It’s a clean nice city and area. And well there’s no James.....

😀

Easy now Robert Van Winkle, i know the wifey lifted your internet curfew, but i wouldn't push it 😄
Posted By: jb20

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/23/21 02:38 AM

😉

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/23/21 01:32 PM

Oh yeah, it's about 100% better than life in Bessemer, add that I recently retired and bought a mini-farm, and well, life is great now!
Posted By: BidNow45LC

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 09/24/21 03:45 AM

Hey, there Ol' Tom new here to these forum's waters and was also interested in a club in the Cullman or Morgan County area if you have any such leads.
Posted By: Ruffn

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 10/07/21 04:51 PM

If I were in your shoes, I'd try contacting owners of large parcels and ask for permission to hunt in exchange for money, work or some sort of bartering. There are lots of them in Cullman County, but it may not be easy getting that permission if others hunt there.

Here's a link to give it a try if you like ...

Cullman County gis map ...

https://isv.kcsgis.com/al.cullman_revenue/

[Linked Image]

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 10/07/21 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ruffn
If I were in your shoes, I'd try contacting owners of large parcels and ask for permission to hunt in exchange for money, work or some sort of bartering. There are lots of them in Cullman County, but it may not be easy getting that permission if others hunt there.

Here's a link to give it a try if you like ...

Cullman County gis map ...

https://isv.kcsgis.com/al.cullman_revenue/

[Linked Image]

Thanks, I'm trying everything I can. I appreciate it.
Posted By: Huntnwork

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 10/07/21 11:45 PM

https://www.afoa.org/hunt.htm
Might be worth a look.
Posted By: Tupi

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 10/24/21 11:09 PM

Cullman proper is exploding 257 , ugh I hate it , roads are overwhelmed of late . Good for the local economy but take anything great and add ppl and it gets ruined . I like cullman tho and I can see why it’s growing so fast . To the OP don’t discount driving a little south to Blount co , some mighty fine hunting in that area .
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 10/26/21 08:59 PM

Tupi, There are no deer in Blount County, better head towards Walker county.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 10/27/21 01:20 AM

I been hunting blount county for years, havent seen a deer yet. Alot of squirrels, no deer.

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 10/28/21 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tupi
Cullman proper is exploding 257 , ugh I hate it , roads are overwhelmed of late . Good for the local economy but take anything great and add ppl and it gets ruined . I like cullman tho and I can see why it’s growing so fast . To the OP don’t discount driving a little south to Blount co , some mighty fine hunting in that area .

Any clubs in Blount county then? I'll travel, just can't go to the other side of the state - I hunt alone and have no camper, etc. to do overnights...
Posted By: TuscaloosaKid

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 10/28/21 05:19 PM

I also hate to high jack the thread, but........I have been hunting 112 acres of land owned by a friend in central Tennessee for 5 or 6 years now. I recently received a call from my friend to let me know that he sold the land and based on what he got I can't blame him.

That leaves me in a huge predicament less than a month before gun season begins. I figure it is probably way too late to get in a club or find land to lease at this point, so I'm looking at hunting WMAs this year. I also live in Cullman and from here I can get to any of the WMAs from Oakmulgee north in roughly the same time give or take 30 minutes.

I've never hunted any of the WMAs and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or advice based past experiences hunting the WMAs in north Alabama.
Posted By: Broadhead26

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 11/02/21 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by TuscaloosaKid
I also hate to high jack the thread, but........I have been hunting 112 acres of land owned by a friend in central Tennessee for 5 or 6 years now. I recently received a call from my friend to let me know that he sold the land and based on what he got I can't blame him.

That leaves me in a huge predicament less than a month before gun season begins. I figure it is probably way too late to get in a club or find land to lease at this point, so I'm looking at hunting WMAs this year. I also live in Cullman and from here I can get to any of the WMAs from Oakmulgee north in roughly the same time give or take 30 minutes.

I've never hunted any of the WMAs and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or advice based past experiences hunting the WMAs in north Alabama.

Wheeler can be good if you bow hunt.

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 11/03/21 02:53 PM

I didn’t want to post this up yet because it’s not a 100% sure thing yet.

We have a member in our lease in Winston county who’s been at Ft. Hood since August and it looks like he gets home for a week and goes to Korea till Christmas.

If he for sure has to go to Korea then he’s going to try to sell his membership.

Of course we’ll need to make sure we’re all on the same page with hunting goals and personalities.

As I mentioned this is not a sure thing yet. He’ll probably know by the end of this week.

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 11/16/21 02:27 PM

We have a member in our lease in Winston county who’s been at Ft. Hood since August and it looks like he gets home for a week and goes to Korea till Christmas.

If he for sure has to go to Korea then he’s going to try to sell his membership.

Of course we’ll need to make sure we’re all on the same page with hunting goals and personalities.

As I mentioned this is not a sure thing yet. He’ll probably know by the end of this week.

Been to both places. How did that play out? I've been off air for a while due to a health issue. Please contact me if there is a possibility -

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 11/16/21 08:54 PM

Been to both places. How did that play out? I've been off air for a while due to a health issue. Please contact me if there is a possibility -

He ended up getting to stay States side through the holidays.
Posted By: Rolloverdave

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 11/17/21 01:30 AM

I run a club in Blount co! If interested and I have a opening next year pm me

Re: New to Cullman/Cullman County - - 11/30/21 02:13 PM

Waited on your call - forget me?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM