Aldeer.com

North Alabama Club

Posted By: BamaStrapAssassi

North Alabama Club - 01/09/12 11:41 PM

Looking for a club or for some people to start one up here. I know im not the only one.

Figured I get alot of views from the title laughup
May be a little misleading.
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/10/12 12:41 AM

You find something here and l am game for it. I have a few places to hunt but not a club and would like to find one up here close as in limestone county north of 72.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/10/12 01:04 AM

Just have to find land. Don't see a whole lot in north bama.

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/10/12 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: n2deer
Just have to find land. Don't see a whole lot in north bama.

There isn't any paper company land in this county at all, it is all private which can be good and bad at times.

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/10/12 03:10 AM

Yea more likely to get a lease then start a club
Posted By: AlanH

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/10/12 03:43 AM

I am looking
Posted By: todd w

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/11/12 04:40 PM

There is an attorney in hamilton, baker?? maybe. He has alot of land for lease in Franklin and Marion county. I will warn you, he has good land, but your jaw will drop when you find out how much.

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/11/12 04:42 PM

earl hughes
Posted By: TrkyHntr

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/13/12 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: todd w
There is an attorney in hamilton, baker?? maybe. He has alot of land for lease in Franklin and Marion county. I will warn you, he has good land, but your jaw will drop when you find out how much.
Earl Hughes, He wants $12.50 an acre.

Shane

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/13/12 01:18 AM

That's insane.
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/13/12 02:04 AM

That's insane.

What is really insane is there are some hunters that will pay that price for the lease. That is crazy! With leased property that high per acre, I think you could buy as cheap as you can lease in the long run.
Posted By: longshot

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/24/12 04:46 AM

I'm looking for something in North Bama also. Looking for something that is Family friendly as I will be bringing my 7 year old son and my wife with me. I'm looking for a long term commitment. would like an established club with either a bunkhouse or place to put a camper if further than about 50 miles from here.
would LOVE to have a place with hogs but not a must BUT Turkeys are a must!!
Posted By: boondog1

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/24/12 05:44 AM

Yes Earl Hughes advertises land on AFOA for $12.50/acre and most of it is deer hunting only - no turkey rights.
Posted By: Albin

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/24/12 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: longshot
I'm looking for something in North Bama also. Looking for something that is Family friendly as I will be bringing my 7 year old son and my wife with me. I'm looking for a long term commitment. would like an established club with either a bunkhouse or place to put a camper if further than about 50 miles from here.
would LOVE to have a place with hogs but not a must BUT Turkeys are a must!!

Antler's Hunting Club, NE Madison County. I forget the name of the President, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.
Posted By: droptines

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/25/12 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Teacher One
That's insane.

What is really insane is there are some hunters that will pay that price for the lease. That is crazy! With leased property that high per acre, I think you could buy as cheap as you can lease in the long run.

Sure about that?

1000 acres leased at $12.50 = $12,500.00 per year.

1000 acres bought at $2000/acre = $2,000,000.00 purchase price or about $12,000.00 PER MONTH for 30 YEARS. Oh, and you would need to put down about $300,000.00 to get the mortgage.

So, you could lease for 10 years and still not have paid 50% of what your down payment requirement would have been to purchase the property.

I'm not saying owning is bad. I own several hundred acres in TN and AL, but if the ONLY thing you are interested in is hunting rights, leasing is not a bad way to go. Even at $12.50 an acre, or more.

The only reason lease rates are as high as they are is because that is what people will pay. Supply and demand. And when you look at the difference in capital required to lease versus buying, it is a hell of a deal.

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/25/12 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: droptines

The only reason lease rates are as high as they are is because that is what people will pay. Supply and demand. And when you look at the difference in capital required to lease versus buying, it is a hell of a deal.

Actually, most of our land goes for $6-$7 an acre. This guy has had the same land for lease the last 4 years and no one has touched it. He just don't care.

Come to think of it, it may be worth the price considering no one has hunted it, at least legally.
Posted By: droptines

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/25/12 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: todd w
Originally Posted By: droptines

Actually, most of our land goes for $6-$7 an acre. This guy has had the same land for lease the last 4 years and no one has touched it. He just don't care.

If it has not leased for his asking price, it is not worth the price he is asking. He may have the attitude that if it leases for that, fine, if not, that is ok too.

All I am saying is people shouldn't blame the market for prices. Prices are just an indication of worth. If someone prices something out of the market value, that is their right.
Posted By: timsmith

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/25/12 06:17 PM

I spoke with Mr. Hughes last season about his land that was 12.50 and it was a club a few years ago with a club house food plots and roads already cut. He had it leased to 2-3 doctors from Florida I think and they decided they didnt want to continue driving that far so he put it back on the market and it has been there for 3 seasons with no takers so far

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/25/12 06:57 PM

Where at? Details?

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/29/12 05:26 PM

Todd. check your PMs. Teacher thumbup

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/29/12 05:35 PM

Todd, The property I am referring to also has a lot of turkeys on it. Lemme know what you decide. This may be one of those places we only read about! We'll check it out when you want to. thumbup

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/29/12 08:11 PM

received.

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/29/12 10:48 PM

Somebody say turkey

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/29/12 10:59 PM

Turkey! where, count me in!

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/29/12 11:45 PM

haha, i got a deal working for you 2. give me 30 days.
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/30/12 01:17 AM

If y'all need someone else to throw money at it. Im in!

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/30/12 01:54 AM

How about giving some credit to the starter of this thread. wink I want in.

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/30/12 02:12 AM

for turkeys, ok. deer are mine! grin

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/30/12 02:40 AM

Couldnt give a rats a$$ about anything but deer. laugh

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/30/12 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: BamaStrapAssassi

me too. how far will you travel?

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/30/12 03:30 AM

I'll just shoot you a PM.
Posted By: Rdavis

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/30/12 04:08 AM

Keep me posted too. I'm looking to lease but willing to join a good club.

Thanks

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/30/12 04:09 AM

Piss on them goats.

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/30/12 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: YEKRUT

Piss on them goats.
Never turkey hunted a day in my life. Guess I can't say I dont like it.

Re: North Alabama Club - 01/31/12 01:58 AM

The whole north eastern part of madison county(where the only land is) is almost all owned by stevenson land company in scottsboro.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM