Aldeer.com

In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty

Posted By: Narrow Gap

In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 03/08/21 03:09 PM

Looking for a well managed Deer hunting club within 1 hr of Central Baldwin county. Would like at least 200 acres to every member. $3000 budget. Please PM for any leads and thanks in advance!

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 03/10/21 09:24 PM

ttt
Posted By: skidboot77

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 03/20/21 01:02 AM

Pm sent

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 03/20/21 02:10 AM

PM replied to skidboot77

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 03/20/21 02:29 AM

I texted You skidboot77 to # You gave me in PM and never got an acknowledgment of receiving text? Maybe I sent text to wrong # so if I did please let me know. Thanks đŸ‘đŸ»

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 03/20/21 01:21 PM

Still looking for well managed deer hunting club

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 03/20/21 01:39 PM

Sent You another PM skidboot77
Posted By: jhardy

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 03/20/21 02:58 PM

I am guessing he has a bird on the ground he is working today. I can tell you he is a stand up guy.

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 03/20/21 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by jhardy
I am guessing he has a bird on the ground he is working today. I can tell you he is a stand up guy.
skidboot77 got back with me later this morning by PM. skidboot77 had given me another guys # he is in the lease with and I did not know it was not his own # till this morning.

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 03/25/21 03:35 PM

Still trying to find a place

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 04/02/21 10:01 PM

Still looking and maybe something will pop up soon.

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 04/11/21 02:30 PM

Still searching
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 04/11/21 03:49 PM

I can’t believe you can’t find anything with that budget that meets your criteria, but what do I know.. Good luck in your search..

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 04/11/21 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by gatorbait154
I can’t believe you can’t find anything with that budget that meets your criteria, but what do I know.. Good luck in your search..
I really have not seen any clubs or leases advertising or in need of members yet.
Posted By: Mdees

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 04/11/21 10:44 PM

The last two years in south AL have been beyond strange. We had our lease pulled out from under us last season. It’s still sitting fallow and I’ve seen very few ads for anything within 2 hours of Mobile/Baldwin county.
Posted By: hammerhead

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 04/12/21 12:08 PM

I know nothing about this club other than the location (it's right up the road from my house)...just ran across it the other day on CL.

https://mobile.craigslist.org/spo/d/chunchula-hunting-club-taking-new/7302675490.html
Posted By: 270wsm

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 04/12/21 04:23 PM

I know of 2 good clubs (North Baldwin and South Monroe) that both had openings and filled without advertising as they both had waiting lists.
Posted By: walt4dun

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 04/12/21 10:07 PM

Just be patient, they will be advertising in May and June after leases are due.

Like 270 WSM said though your best clubs will probably be thru word-of-mouth. Talk to your friends and acquaintances and have a check ready. Having a good standing member vouch for you & money in hand can bypass a waiting list, happens all the time, especially if that club president/leaseholder is many thousands of dollar out of pocket having just paid the lease.

That said I am in a club in North Baldwin County that fits your description and I will let you know after turkey season if there are openings.

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 04/13/21 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by walt4dun
Just be patient, they will be advertising in May and June after leases are due.

Like 270 WSM said though your best clubs will probably be thru word-of-mouth. Talk to your friends and acquaintances and have a check ready. Having a good standing member vouch for you & money in hand can bypass a waiting list, happens all the time, especially if that club president/leaseholder is many thousands of dollar out of pocket having just paid the lease.

That said I am in a club in North Baldwin County that fits your description and I will let you know after turkey season if there are openings.

Thanks walt4dun, I appreciate the help.I have 2 places I hunt within 10 minutes of My house and both are decent hunting. It is going to be a tough pull in finding what I am looking for.

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 04/18/21 02:49 PM

Still looking for the right place

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/02/21 01:27 PM

Waiting on one club to see if they will have openings in a few days. If they do in fact have an opening then my search will be over.

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/07/21 01:38 AM

Have any of Ya ever been part of a lease where each member has there own area to hunt and that is the only area they can hunt on the entire lease. Each member has 250 acres to hunt on and that is Your area and the only area You as a member has access to hunt. The entire lease is 7000’acres for the club. Opinions welcome and I am trying to decide if this is something I should choose to be part of.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/07/21 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Narrow Gap
Have any of Ya ever been part of a lease where each member has there own area to hunt and that is the only area they can hunt on the entire lease. Each member has 250 acres to hunt on and that is Your area and the only area You as a member has access to hunt. The entire lease is 7000’acres for the club. Opinions welcome and I am trying to decide if this is something I should choose to be part of.

That's what most of the Florida clubs around here went to after baiting became legal down there, and I'm afraid that it's going to come to here. The folks who end up with the "good" spots stay in forever, and they constantly turn over the members who get stuck with the "bad" spots. The bad spots just get new owners every year or two.

Not for me.

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/07/21 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by hunterbuck

That's what most of the Florida clubs around here went to after baiting became legal down there, and I'm afraid that it's going to come to here. The folks who end up with the "good" spots stay in forever, and they constantly turn over the members who get stuck with the "bad" spots. The bad spots just get new owners every year or two.

Not for me.

That’s what I was thinking with the good areas and bad areas. It just seems too restrictive when every member is helping to pay the whole lease but the members are not getting to enjoy the entire property that they as a whole are helping to pay for. I am leaning heavily against this since my gut is telling me it just does not seem right to me.
Posted By: Mdees

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/07/21 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by hunterbuck

Not for me.

That’s what I was thinking with the good areas and bad areas. It just seems too restrictive when every member is helping to pay the whole lease but the members are not getting to enjoy the entire property that they as a whole are helping to pay for. I am leaning heavily against this since my gut is telling me it just does not seem right to me.

I’ve not been in one personally, and I wouldn’t under any circumstance, but I have exactly two friends who have been in clubs where that was the situation. Both had very poor experiences.
Posted By: zgobbler5

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/07/21 02:49 PM

No, do not like that idea. Exactly what has been said is what would happen. The whole lease should be available to all members.
Posted By: gobblebox

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/07/21 05:02 PM

Hell no I wouldn’t do that,I’d just lease a few hundred to myself if that was the case

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/08/21 12:54 AM

I told the guy thanks for the offer but I will pass on it. I am still looking to join lease or low member club.
Posted By: Southwestprline

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/08/21 11:30 AM

Lot of clubs down here are like that.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/08/21 01:01 PM

Man I bet those become a who can put out the most bait competition.
Posted By: dtmwtp

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/08/21 04:39 PM

Sounds like you have already passed on this, but it works with the right people/ management.
Nearly all Louisiana (at least north Louisiana) and Arkansas leases are this way. I was in one for 15 yrs. Almost no turnover. Each member had two stands and could buy a third one. Pretty much everyone had at least one good stand. By the time I moved back to AL, I had two really good stands.

It really cuts down on pressure, you don't have everyone running all over the entire lease. Especially works for clubs that are not brown its down.

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/09/21 01:53 PM

Still not seeing much for club openings yet and it is close to Mid May. I still have my 2 areas I hunt real close to my house just looking for a top notch place to be apart of within an hour of my house if that even exists 😂
Posted By: dagwood

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/09/21 02:38 PM

I'm in a La Floresta club south of Atmore. Our club like other La Floresta clubs each member has a private area which combined is about half of the total acreage. The other half is club plots and stands that any member can hunt. Club pays for corn, seed and fertilizer on these.Our private areas average about 100 acres each and most have a food plot. Mine doesn't have a plot but it's in the best area of the club.I couldn't be in a club that gives you a private area and that's the only place you can hunt. As a new member, guess which area you would get.

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/09/21 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by dagwood
I'm in a La Floresta club south of Atmore. Our club like other La Floresta clubs each member has a private area which combined is about half of the total acreage. The other half is club plots and stands that any member can hunt. Club pays for corn, seed and fertilizer on these.Our private areas average about 100 acres each and most have a food plot. Mine doesn't have a plot but it's in the best area of the club.I couldn't be in a club that gives you a private area and that's the only place you can hunt. As a new member, guess which area you would get.
Yes sir that is the reason I chose not to be apart of it, knowing I was not getting a choice of the best of areas on lease.

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/12/21 03:28 PM

Still on the hunt for a well managed lease or club to be apart of.
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/12/21 07:12 PM

I have two openings I need to fill unforunately we are well above your budget. Otherwise we fit what you are looking for.

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/12/21 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Squeaky
I have two openings I need to fill unforunately we are well above your budget. Otherwise we fit what you are looking for.

Your lease and the way Yaw do things definitely fits what I am looking for. If You were a little closer to my house I would probably up my budget to be apart of what Yaw have going on your outstanding lease.
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/12/21 07:59 PM

We should fall into to the 1 hr or just a bit over. I have members that day trip from Mobile area often. If you will PM me your address I can confirm travel time for you.

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 05/25/21 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Squeaky
We should fall into to the 1 hr or just a bit over. I have members that day trip from Mobile area often. If you will PM me your address I can confirm travel time for you.
Squeaky, I absolutely would love to be apart of what Ya have going at Your lease but I know I would not be able to hunt much at all there with the distance there and my job schedule plus family time. Still looking and to update I am looking for a low hunter to land ratio- At least 200 acres to every 1 member. I am looking to be apart of a mindset of letting young bucks walk till at least 3.5 years of age. I am not going to pressure the lease much at all since I have a 150 acre and 1500 acre lease I have been hunting for years now within 10 minutes of my house. My budget is $3000 for the right place within 1 hr or less of my house in Central Baldwin County.
Posted By: Hunter1

Re: In search for deer HC within 1 hr of BaldwinCounty - 06/06/21 08:58 PM

I as well am looking for a good quality club within an hour of Robertsdale. If anyone had anything please give me a shout.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM