Aldeer.com

Leasing Land from US Steel

Posted By: ShaftOne

Leasing Land from US Steel - 02/18/21 05:11 PM

I know about how this is going to go, but does anyone know how to lease land/ go about leasing land from US Steel? I think they go through molpus, but I do not see anything further on that. Does it boil down to who you know, or is there a formal bidding process? If anyone has any information on this, I would love to hear it. If you would rather PM I am fine with that. I think Big Bore knows the right people, so maybe he could add some insight.
Posted By: Quack Quack Bang

Re: Leasing Land from US Steel - 02/18/21 07:48 PM

I haven’t heard anything about it in at least 20 years, but in the past they had a land office at the Flint Ridge Bldg in Fairfield on the hill overlooking the Fairfield plant.
Posted By: crocker

Re: Leasing Land from US Steel - 02/18/21 07:55 PM

PM sent Shaftone
Posted By: Hix14

Re: Leasing Land from US Steel - 02/19/21 01:56 PM

It's Molpus or try Valley Creek Timber I believe.

Re: Leasing Land from US Steel - 02/19/21 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Hix14
It's Molpus or try Valley Creek Timber I believe.

The email address I have talked with at Molpus seem to be beating around the bush like they do not know what I am talking about. Have not tried Valley Creek, but imagine it will be the same way. I am beginning to think you have to know the right arm to twist to make something happen.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Leasing Land from US Steel - 02/20/21 05:47 PM

I have tried to make contact and get info for several years from them. Always got the brush off or no response.

Re: Leasing Land from US Steel - 02/21/21 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rmart30
I have tried to make contact and get info for several years from them. Always got the brush off or no response.

That’s what I have been getting too. Them and fresh water land trust. If you don’t know the “right people”, you aren’t getting anywhere, which in my unpopular opinion isn’t right. If it’s going to be leasable, why not make it open to the public to bid/lease? Why is there so much run around? Is someone getting deeper pockets for granting “permission”, or what is the deal?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM