Aldeer.com

Bow only club

Posted By: Tator1

Bow only club - 01/17/21 08:18 PM

I would like to find a bow only club. I thinking finding a Bigfoot would be easier than finding a bow only club in Alabama. Any help would me much appreciated.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Bow only club - 01/18/21 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tator1
I would like to find a bow only club. I thinking finding a Bigfoot would be easier than finding a bow only club in Alabama. Any help would me much appreciated.

You can find one I think, but I bet you hand over some cash if there's an opening.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Bow only club - 01/18/21 10:25 AM

Alabama WMA's are archery only except for a few select dates for rife hunts. There is absolutely zero reason to pay for a bow only club unless you aren't physically able to drag a deer out by hand.

Re: Bow only club - 01/18/21 02:34 PM

I'm okay with spending the money for what I want.
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Bow only club - 01/18/21 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by dirkdaddy
Alabama WMA's are archery only except for a few select dates for rife hunts. There is absolutely zero reason to pay for a bow only club unless you aren't physically able to drag a deer out by hand.

Unless you want a managed property that the hunting pressure is controlled and bucks are managed for age. Most WMA’s suck compared to managed private properties.

Re: Bow only club - 01/19/21 12:43 AM

BayedUP, that's what I am looking for.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Bow only club - 01/20/21 12:28 AM

I know of a couple. I think they are $4,000-$4500 a year.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Bow only club - 01/20/21 12:48 AM

I would think that a bow only club would be tough hunting cause the bowhunters are the biggest busybodies in the world when it comes to running cameras, scouting and walking all over the place and scenting everything up. Pretty good bowhunting on some of our wma's.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Bow only club - 01/20/21 12:52 AM

Some of the best places I go track are bow only
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Bow only club - 01/20/21 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
I would think that a bow only club would be tough hunting cause the bowhunters are the biggest busybodies in the world when it comes to running cameras, scouting and walking all over the place and scenting everything up. Pretty good bowhunting on some of our wma's.

Most of the serious bowhunters I know aren’t. In my current club, the gun guys are the worst I’ve ever seen for constantly checking cameras.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Bow only club - 01/20/21 02:51 AM

You clearly don’t know enough AL hunters.
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Bow only club - 01/20/21 03:07 AM

Not a dedicated bow hunter. Maybe the crossbow hunters lol
Posted By: chad1980

Re: Bow only club - 01/20/21 02:24 PM

theres one here in Leeds across from Bass Pro Shops. supposedly got some giants.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Bow only club - 01/21/21 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by turkey247

I am one. Have been hunting here for 40 years. Shot some big ones on wma's.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Bow only club - 01/21/21 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by turkey247

I am one. Have been hunting here for 40 years. Shot some big ones on wma's.

Oh, ok. 10-4. You clearly don’t know enough AL hunters.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Bow only club - 01/24/21 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by chad1980
theres one here in Leeds across from Bass Pro Shops. supposedly got some giants.

Dang, I wish I had a contact there....I'd be all over that. In truth, I had no idea there was even "hunting land" around that area.
Posted By: mathews prostaff

Re: Bow only club - 01/25/21 02:14 AM

i totally agree with shaw. rifle hunters are some of the slopiest hunters i know. bowhunters and rifle hunters do not think alike
Posted By: Bama two

Re: Bow only club - 01/26/21 02:23 AM

I used to bow hunt Cahaba River WMA a lot but now they have so many gun hunts there it seems there are few weekends of bow only. I guess the State is trying to control the exploding deer population there with more gun hunts?
Posted By: chad1980

Re: Bow only club - 01/27/21 04:52 PM

I think Marc Brenner is over it. It is high dollar club, I heard 5,000 a year and only 4.5 year olds or better.
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Bow only club - 01/27/21 06:56 PM

I think I saw last year it was 3000 with no turkey rights
Posted By: cgardner

Re: Bow only club - 01/28/21 06:31 PM

Alabama Power has some land for lease that is bow only.
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Bow only club - 02/05/21 04:31 AM

Mark Brennan and Mark Peebles. Great guys. Run huge bow hunting areas. Take their hunting and land management real seriously! Not going to let anyone in that isn’t as serious as they are. Mark got the lake purdy tract until all the scumbag local poachers had a fit about it. BWW had no balls and they conceded. If you are worried about the money...don’t call them. Only serious players would be considered.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Bow only club - 02/08/21 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Big Bore
Mark Brennan and Mark Peebles. Great guys. Run huge bow hunting areas. Take their hunting and land management real seriously! Not going to let anyone in that isn’t as serious as they are. Mark got the lake purdy tract until all the scumbag local poachers had a fit about it. BWW had no balls and they conceded. If you are worried about the money...don’t call them. Only serious players would be considered.

Are those the guys who run north cahaba sportsman? If so, they sure have some dumbass rules. I’d love to join that club, but their rules are absolutely ridiculous.

Re: Bow only club - 02/08/21 02:31 AM

I don’t think so. I have heard of that North Cahaba Club. Don’t think it’s them.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Bow only club - 02/08/21 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Atoler

Are those the guys who run north cahaba sportsman? If so, they sure have some dumbass rules. I’d love to join that club, but their rules are absolutely ridiculous.

The club he’s talking about is around lake purty the one you are talking about is closer to Leeds Austin.

Re: Bow only club - 02/08/21 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Turkey_neck

The club he’s talking about is around lake purty the one you are talking about is closer to Leeds Austin.

Yeah, I knew they tried to put together the water works stuff, but thought it may be the same guys from Leeds.

Re: Bow only club - 02/09/21 02:21 AM

Mark will get the water works when the dust settles.

Re: Bow only club - 02/09/21 04:21 AM

Mark will get the water works when the dust settles.

Maybe. There’s a pretty big stink over the price he was going to lease it for. Publicly owned property, that no one has ever been able to lease before.....they could easily have gotten 5x as much per acre... pretty fishy.

With that being said, if he ever does acquire it, I’d drop some serious cash for a membership, in a heartbeat.

Re: Bow only club - 02/12/21 01:50 AM

Water works doesn’t care about $$$. It’s all about limited liability.

Re: Bow only club - 02/12/21 05:07 AM

Nah, insurance is insurance, and the kind of people around town that would scoop that up for $100k+ a year aren’t the sorts where liability is an issue.

He was rubbing elbows with the right people. I don’t blame him.

But BWW is not exactly known for above board dealings.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Bow only club - 02/12/21 01:32 PM

Nah, insurance is insurance, and the kind of people around town that would scoop that up for $100k+ a year aren’t the sorts where liability is an issue.

He was rubbing elbows with the right people. I don’t blame him.

But BWW is not exactly known for above board dealings.

Truth. I’d expect that property to go for at least $40 a acre easily.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM