Aldeer.com

Clubs Near Chelsea, AL

Posted By: lefthorn

Clubs Near Chelsea, AL - 12/14/11 08:42 PM

Looking to hopefully get in a club near Chelsea next year. I have a 7 yr. old who is wanting to go all the time and I don't have anywhere that I can take him. He is probably going to get his own rifle for next season as well. Need a place with some shooting houses.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: ford150man

Re: Clubs Near Chelsea, AL - 12/14/11 09:50 PM

Good luck to you brother! If you find something let me know cause I'm in the same boat as you.
Posted By: JustHunt

Re: Clubs Near Chelsea, AL - 12/15/11 05:45 AM

There are a lot of clubs in and around Chelsea.. Long leaf off of hwy 69... Buck Trails off of hwy 47. . Wolf Creek in columbiana.. Another one down hwy 39 toward hidden ridge subdivision that I don't know the name of but can get the info on it, it's pricey though.. There's more clubs down hwy 49 as well... That's not all of them just a few off the top of my head
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Clubs Near Chelsea, AL - 12/15/11 02:11 PM

Does anyone know anything about these? I know wolf creek runs dogs and that is not what im looking for.

Also, anything within 1 hrs. drive would be welcome.
Posted By: ford150man

Re: Clubs Near Chelsea, AL - 12/15/11 04:50 PM

I looked at Long Leaf Pine about 4 or 5 years ago. Their camphouse is awesome but I wasn't impressed with the club itself. They had a board full of pictures on the wall showing examples of shooter bucks versus non shooters. I couldn't see any difference. I talked to another guy that told me that he thought the same thing when he looked at it. Just had the feeling that they didn't want you to shoot bucks, that they were for a select few. Not saying that's the case but it felt that way. You're right about Wolf Creek and dogs. They do have 1100 acres that are stalk only but they have about 56 members this year which equates to just over a whopping 19 acres per person for stalk hunting.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM