Aldeer.com

Leasing land

Posted By: mauvilla

Leasing land - 08/15/20 09:05 PM

Never ceases to amaze me that people wait till July or August to look for places to hunt. I know there is exceptions but seems like it’s the norm
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Leasing land - 08/15/20 09:08 PM

Same bunch waits till the evening of November 14th to buy ammo for their deer rifle.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Leasing land - 08/15/20 10:19 PM

Or the guys that hymn and haw every year when leases are due. They know every year when they are due and never seem to have the money on time.
Posted By: oldandwise

Re: Leasing land - 08/16/20 12:54 AM

you must be in my club^^^^^^
Posted By: JohnG

Re: Leasing land - 08/16/20 03:59 PM

And have all the time in the world to fish from April till October but are way to busy to help at the camp.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Leasing land - 08/16/20 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by dBmV
Or the guys that hymn and haw every year when leases are due. They know every year when they are due and never seem to have the money on time.

But the transmission in my truck man!.....My daughter had to get braces!.....You know how it is.....What about if I pay it by the time gun season starts??
Posted By: Morris

Re: Leasing land - 08/16/20 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by CNC

But the transmission in my truck man!.....My daughter had to get braces!.....You know how it is.....What about if I pay it by the time gun season starts??

Or can I make monthly payments .
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: Leasing land - 08/16/20 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Morris
Originally Posted by CNC

I thought about figuring a way to direct draft 100 a month from someones account for hunting club dues so that I won't have to run down money and all of the normal collecting issues that happen this time of year. Be nice to have every member on that and not have to worry about it. This would only work after they pay for the first year up front and then immediately start the draft process, though.

but the "taking payments" is a no.
Posted By: James

Re: Leasing land - 08/17/20 12:04 AM

I've picked up some nice leases (including one should've kept) in late August before

Re: Leasing land - 08/17/20 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by jbatey1
Originally Posted by Morris
Originally Posted by CNC

I thought about figuring a way to direct draft 100 a month from someones account for hunting club dues so that I won't have to run down money and all of the normal collecting issues that happen this time of year. Be nice to have every member on that and not have to worry about it. This would only work after they pay for the first year up front and then immediately start the draft process, though.

but the "taking payments" is a no.

So is this thread about leasing land or sorry arse members 😁
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: Leasing land - 08/17/20 01:19 AM

The 2 sometimes run hand in hand. laugh

Luckily I've got a good group of guys that hunt with us. I'm not really running down for money, But I would still like to have the money direct drafted on a monthly basis... of course it would probably turn into me getting cussed out like Verizon, DirectTv and everyone else who drafts moneys from peoples accounts. grin
Posted By: Nightwatchman

Re: Leasing land - 08/18/20 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by JohnG
And have all the time in the world to fish from April till October but are way to busy to help at the camp.

$80k bass boat, $6k worth of rods in the boat, pulling the rig with a $50k truck, but still won't pay hunting club dues on time.
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Leasing land - 08/18/20 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nightwatchman

$80k bass boat, $6k worth of rods in the boat, pulling the rig with a $50k truck, but still won't pay hunting club dues on time.
Yep, too bad credit cards don't fly with membership dues...
Posted By: FreeStateHunter

Re: Leasing land - 08/20/20 02:18 PM

Doing all that on what money Daddy gives them and a utility company hourly rate is tough...… sure looks good on Facebook though.

I swear man, when people ask me why I don't have a boat or why I don't drive a new truck I just tell them they'll see when we're 55. I'll be retired and they'll be trying to figure out how they're going to retire.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Leasing land - 08/21/20 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by FreeStateHunter

Doing all that on what money Daddy gives them and a utility company hourly rate is tough...… sure looks good on Facebook though.

I swear man, when people ask me why I don't have a boat or why I don't drive a new truck I just tell them they'll see when we're 55. I'll be retired and they'll be trying to figure out how they're going to retire.

It'll be fun sitting around reminiscing about all the things you wish you had done
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Leasing land - 08/22/20 01:10 AM

Yeah there's always some dude with a brand new truck, yeti cooler, the latest hot camo and a huge atv that can't come up with dues on time. Always some sad story too about why he couldn't make the work days or club meetings. Usually the same guy who brings the most guests and complains about the condition of the greenfields.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Leasing land - 08/22/20 01:41 AM

That’s why I impose fines on both work hours and late payments.

Due before you hunt. Just like any other fine

List wanting in is to long to deal with those kind

And guests are limited to does only and no guest turkey hunters.

Fixed the guest problem years ago.
Posted By: wk2hnt

Re: Leasing land - 08/22/20 11:59 AM

I’ve always thought more good hunting clubs and leases have been ruined by sons and guests than any other drama.
Posted By: Orion34

Re: Leasing land - 08/22/20 01:07 PM

All this reminds me of why I’m in a club of one.

Re: Leasing land - 08/22/20 07:28 PM

The ones I was in there was always some guy who would bring along his 20 and 30 something year old sons as guests. The rules said kids living at home were considered guests. One guy had three sons in their 20's and he would bring them all so they would be four guys hunting for the price of one. Total bs. Guess if the loser son was living in his basement he was a legal guest.
Posted By: hamma

Re: Leasing land - 08/23/20 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Orion34

Amen on that

Re: Leasing land - 08/23/20 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
The ones I was in there was always some guy who would bring along his 20 and 30 something year old sons as guests. The rules said kids living at home were considered guests. One guy had three sons in their 20's and he would bring them all so they would be four guys hunting for the price of one. Total bs. Guess if the loser son was living in his basement he was a legal guest.

Well were they breaking the rules? If not, you should have minded your own business lol. But if they were, then the trouble went deeper than just the member. And hell i didn't leave my parents home till I was 20, and i was far from a loser lol 😂
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: Leasing land - 09/21/20 02:10 AM

Some silly responses.
Circumstances cause a change in location and new
stupid rules make a person want to change clubs.
I still have rights in Chambers, but would love to
find something around Lake Martin.
Any hope in that?
Posted By: Semo

Re: Leasing land - 09/21/20 02:27 AM

Our rules are everybody 16 and up have to pay. If they can drive themselves and have to buy a license to hunt then they are considered a full member. Has worked great for us, but the "dues" are really cheap so nobody has ever complained. The bigger issue is youth hunting. We have about 8 kids entering pre-teen status that are going to put down some nice deer over the next 4-6 years. I'm just waiting for that to hurt some feelings. My idea is I'll probably make about 2000 acres off limits to youth and bow hunting prior to gun season to appease a few guys.
Posted By: olemossy

Re: Leasing land - 09/21/20 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Semo

Our rules are everybody 16 and up have to pay. If they can drive themselves and have to buy a license to hunt then they are considered a full member. Has worked great for us, but the "dues" are really cheap so nobody has ever complained. The bigger issue is youth hunting. We have about 8 kids entering pre-teen status that are going to put down some nice deer over the next 4-6 years. I'm just waiting for that to hurt some feelings. My idea is I'll probably make about 2000 acres off limits to youth and bow hunting prior to gun season to appease a few guys.

Ours is all full time students ( college and high school) living at home are considered guests of the member and they are welcome at all times. However, they can not bring any guests. Also once they start a full time job, they become a full paying member. It has worked for us.
Posted By: Thisldu

Re: Leasing land - 09/29/20 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by hamma
Originally Posted by Orion34

Amen on that

Preach

Re: Leasing land - 09/30/20 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by wk2hnt
I’ve always thought more good hunting clubs and leases have been ruined by sons and guests than any other drama.

Meh.
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Leasing land - 09/30/20 09:40 PM

I think our rule is two guest days allowed each year before rut and $30 fee. My 22 yr old will get to use those two and public land otherwise

Re: Leasing land - 10/02/20 12:18 PM

People might not like it but if you are against kids coming thats just crazy to me. Guest ..... that’s always a iffy area I know some places are none after jan 1 and of course other options . Some people get so butt hurt over a deer being killed a guest the panties are in such a wad they can’t even function. Prime example , my dad and me were in a club for around 15 years. I took a guest with me during the week which was totally 1000% in the rules. My buddy liked a super
Nice 9 point and one of The members kids Was there which I stopped and picked up and took with us . After my buddy shot the deer the kid said “ oh heck that’s mr..... deer he is going to be pissed he killed it” , I was like wtf his deer? Well needless to say he flew off the handle about it and need less to say my dad and me said F... off and never came back. Sucks the fact we had considered these folks friends for a long time . I guess that’s a case of guest “ ruining clubs” but I would much rather have my good buddy than a deer or a bunch of grown ass men acting like school age cheer leaders in high school getting upset cause their boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend and got her pregnant.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Leasing land - 10/02/20 12:47 PM

No problem with guests killing deer but guests and the number of times they can come definitely has to be carefully regulated, same with grown children. You can turn a high dollar, high acreage/member, well managed club Into a gar hole if you don’t. Example: 10 paying members have 3,000 acres they manage intensively and pay to do it. If each of those members can bring unlimited guests and family members, and each member brings their wife and 2-3 kids and a guest, your 10 member, low pressure club just became a 60 member high pressure club. Gotta have some rules and the rules should always be adjusted to whatever the paying member’s mgmt goals are.

Re: Leasing land - 10/02/20 02:37 PM

I agree guest have to be regulated , but if you have it where guests are allowed you can’t get bent out of shape when they kill one. I also agree you can’t take 2-3 kids and the wife and shoot the woods up. Just have to find a happy medium with it.
Posted By: Phil_Army

Re: Leasing land - 10/02/20 09:08 PM

How about you set a # of deer tags per member? 2 bucks and 1 doe per membership or something like that. If your guest shoots one, it counts as one of yours since you're the member. Seems like the fairest way to do it
Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: Leasing land - 10/02/20 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Phil_Army
How about you set a # of deer tags per member? 2 bucks and 1 doe per membership or something like that. If your guest shoots one, it counts as one of yours since you're the member. Seems like the fairest way to do it

Yup an alotment sytle. Use them as you see fit but that's your alotment. If you wanted you could even make it tied to a date IE no does after certain unless it's a childs first deer or something.
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Leasing land - 10/03/20 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by AU7MM08
Originally Posted by Phil_Army

Yup an alotment sytle. Use them as you see fit but that's your alotment. If you wanted you could even make it tied to a date IE no does after certain unless it's a childs first deer or something.

That’s what we have. Rules is 4.5year old or older on bucks. Each member is allowed 3 bucks and 4 does per membership. 6 guest days and no guest during high water or after dec 31st. Kids that are in school are covered under membership

Re: Leasing land - 10/03/20 01:41 AM

Ever club I have been in has "guest" kids who evidently are 21 to 30 years old still living with their parents. total bs.

Re: Leasing land - 10/04/20 12:10 AM

Ever club I have been in has "guest" kids who evidently are 21 to 30 years old still living with their parents. total bs.

So would it be better if they were friends in there 50s & 60s then?

Re: Leasing land - 10/04/20 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by James

They will probably still be living in dad's hours when they are 50.

Re: Leasing land - 10/04/20 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by James

They will probably still be living in dad's hours when they are 50.

Might need to find new friends then
Posted By: Tree Dweller

Re: Leasing land - 10/04/20 10:03 AM

Guest policies are the root of a lot of club problems.

Years ago a guest shot a 6-7 yr old monarch in our SC club. 18 points.
Then killed a lessor Buck the next day. No rules were broken.
Everybody was pissed though.

To this Guy's credit, he joined up the next year.
Killed nothing that year. We all felt slightly better.
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Leasing land - 10/05/20 03:09 PM

Places in Texas have a number of guns per lease not members. If you and your wife hunt you pay for 2 guns. I know it's not popular here and some kids are great but some I could do without. Problem with guests that don't have much hunting experience is they expect to kill something on their one or 2 day hunt and lots of times pull the trigger to soon.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Leasing land - 10/06/20 12:31 AM

I tell guests they can shoot all the does and hogs they want. They ask about bucks, and I ask "what is the biggest buck you have ever killed?" They tell me, and I tell them" then if you see one bigger than that feel free to shoot him". We do have members only first weekend, and after Jan 20. Guest buck/ family buck kills come off the membership limit of 3.
.....and deer don't create hard feelings, turkey do! HA
Posted By: wk2hnt

Re: Leasing land - 10/06/20 01:03 AM

I love to see kids kill a deer or duck or dove or anything else and will glade take them and they sit with me and learn and kill just like I had someone to do that with me but we live in a different place now where people save all year to pay for a club or lease and 1 guy with a wife and kids paying the same as a guy by himself has just never seemed fair to me plus add in brother-in-law sister and mothers hairdressers cousin and it turns a good place into a carnival.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Leasing land - 10/06/20 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by dagwood
Places in Texas have a number of guns per lease not members. If you and your wife hunt you pay for 2 guns. I know it's not popular here and some kids are great but some I could do without. Problem with guests that don't have much hunting experience is they expect to kill something on their one or 2 day hunt and lots of times pull the trigger to soon.

I was in a club like that once. It was great. When and if I ever put my own club together, that will be the rule.

One weapon in the woods per membership and a limit per membership of bucks and does. Bring your 3 kids and your wife, but you are all gonna sit in the same shooting house. Bring your buddy every weekend, but you’re only hunting one spot at a time. Makes it real simple and makes it where everyone can enjoy themselves, the socializing part of camp, without worrying about stepping on toes or a bunch of complicated guest rules.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM