Aldeer.com

AFOA tracts posted

Posted By: Big AL 76

AFOA tracts posted - 05/07/20 08:06 PM

There are several tracts in Pickens county posted today.. nothing I can attempt to afford but thought someone may be interested in them.
Posted By: Hix14

Re: AFOA tracts posted - 05/07/20 08:44 PM

I don't see anything new. But like you said, the tracts are probably too steep.
Posted By: Big AL 76

Re: AFOA tracts posted - 05/08/20 03:14 PM

There 4 new Pickens county tracts posted on 5/7/20
Posted By: Phil_Army

Re: AFOA tracts posted - 05/08/20 03:46 PM

$12.50 per acre with no turkey rights on several of the Pickens County ones. Might be worth it if the deer hunting is that good though...
Posted By: rackhunter'

Re: AFOA tracts posted - 05/10/20 02:07 PM

$14.45 an acre? ridiculous
Posted By: olemossy

Re: AFOA tracts posted - 05/11/20 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by rackhunter'
$14.45 an acre? ridiculous

Yep
Posted By: stemwinder

Re: AFOA tracts posted - 05/11/20 01:39 PM

What’s crazy is that he gets that much with no problem. I know of 2 tracks leased already with out even looking at the land. Pricing out the normal guy trying to get his own lease.
Posted By: Ray_Coon

Re: AFOA tracts posted - 05/11/20 02:24 PM

I know the guy that owns these tracts. He doesn’t have to lease them, but he is getting the money every year so he keeps on asking that much. More than I can afford, but if I could I would lease one in a heart beat. Good hunting. My problem is that I turkey hunt more than deer hunt, and he keeps the best of the best for himself. It’s his to do what he wants with.
Posted By: CNC

Re: AFOA tracts posted - 05/11/20 04:50 PM

I’m guessing that a lot of theses places are seeing a lot of turnover at those prices…..new people leasing the land every couple years. Theres plenty of folks out there who see these adds and prices and think that their leasing top notch land because of the price associated with it. They think that they’re gonna see chit loads of deer and kill big bucks because its some of the “prime land”. They lease it for a year or two until they realize that it isn’t what they thought it was and then they move on. The land owner or whoever then posts it back up for lease for the next starry eyed buyer.

Re: AFOA tracts posted - 05/11/20 05:29 PM

I'll tell y'all a secret.....you'll probably never see the truly prime land listed for lease on the internet.....Why?.....Because it'll be leased for years by the people who currently have it and in the event they do ever give it up.....there's already people standing in line ready to take it over
Posted By: Phil_Army

Re: AFOA tracts posted - 05/13/20 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by CNC
I'll tell y'all a secret.....you'll probably never see the truly prime land listed for lease on the internet.....Why?.....Because it'll be leased for years by the people who currently have it and in the event they do ever give it up.....there's already people standing in line ready to take it over

Bingo! I've got a pretty good 315 acre tract listed in Fayette and I know there's a waiting list for it if I ever decide to not renew it

Re: AFOA tracts posted - 05/13/20 12:30 AM

Not only does this little hustle give hunters an unrealistic idea of whats happening with these tracts....It also give other landowners an unrealistic idea of what they should charging when they see these prices listed. They don't realize that these same places are constantly listed every year or two. The only way to get those kind of prices without turnover is to offer quality hunting that's worth it.....and that likely means creating quality habitat.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM