Aldeer.com

riverdale club

Posted By: nolehunter74

riverdale club - 11/28/11 02:29 AM

does anyone know about riverdale club this year figure it was time to bring it up again
Posted By: Bucktrot

Re: riverdale club - 12/02/11 10:09 AM

I heard that they could only recruit 13 members and this is a club that used to have 35-50 or so members. So right now, the husband and wife team running the show could only recruit about 13 members to hunt on 6586 acres of land and those 13 or so members have had to pay ( $ ) dearly to make it all happen because of the lack of members.

In my opinion, it appears that the word is out about Riverdale Hunting Club and the two individuals running this club. The two individuals running the show could not recruit members last year but they got a poor, uninformed nice guy to get'em over the hump then they took it back over when this nice guy challenged the two on being fair; among other things.
Posted By: BUCKMAN26

Re: riverdale club - 12/02/11 12:40 PM

Is this the one that messed up fawns hope?
Posted By: Reaper

Re: riverdale club - 12/02/11 02:52 PM

What county is this in?
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: riverdale club - 12/02/11 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: BUCKMAN26
Is this the one that messed up fawns hope?

Yep frown
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: riverdale club - 12/02/11 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: SlickHead_Reaper
What county is this in?

Dallas

Re: riverdale club - 12/02/11 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Squeaky
Originally Posted By: SlickHead_Reaper
What county is this in?

Dallas

Thanks

Re: riverdale club - 12/02/11 06:26 PM

man fawns hope sounded like paradise
Posted By: ford150man

Re: riverdale club - 12/03/11 12:34 AM

What happened? I guess I'm out of the loop.

Re: riverdale club - 12/03/11 03:53 AM

great hunting land and club but two bad people that are trying to run it. hopefully they will lose the lease next year and some good people can get the lease and run it right.
Posted By: fromthedepths

Re: riverdale club - 12/04/11 03:59 AM

that got some fine deer but it's run by peckerheads!
Posted By: wbyman1

Re: riverdale club - 12/05/11 04:50 PM

I have heard the same thing.
Posted By: bloodtrail

Re: riverdale club - 12/06/11 02:40 AM

Must be a great place to justify 90 pages in 1 year, LOL. Search Riverdale or Fawns Hope if you wanna be clued in.

Re: riverdale club - 12/06/11 08:49 PM

I will open up and tell my story about Riverdale very very soon on Aldeer. I, unfortunately, have first hand knowledge of what happened last year and have heard so many horror stories from past members of Riverdale that (when I was given the leadership role of this property) I had to change the name to Fawn's Hope just to be able to have a chance to recruit members b/c so many hunters knew about or had bad experiences with the h & w and I assured everyone that I was in-charge and they (the h & w) were no longer running the club but they were in the club. Dummy me!!

Anyway, I can honestly say that I tried to have a non-competitive hunting club where mature bucks were the goal and family friendly, again... NON-COMPETITIVE hunting is practiced. Some of you "get" the caps on non-competitive!! And, except for the h & w, everyone got along and the land was incredible.

So, I have been threatened with a lawsuit by the husband and wife (h & w) team running Riverdale if they lose their lease next year (b/c of my warning to other hunters) but someone can't be successfully sued if they tell the truth and people are willing to do the right thing and validate the accused.

There are several websites about outfitters and hunters' experiences/recommendations of a particular outfitter and such websites lets other hunters/potential customers read what is said about an outfitter where other hunters can make a "smart choice" on who they'll spend their money with and I believe that is a GOOD thing! Freedom of Speech is the American way and I just think there are more people out there willing to back me up here on my stories about the aforementioned people and Riverdale! Right? smile

I hope there are more here on Aldeer willing to stand up for what is right and be willing to tell their story about Riverdale if I push forward with letting people know the truth and then I'm unjustly sued "for slander" by the h & w. There are some regulars on Aldeer that have commented or stated their opinion/experiences about the h & w team and/or Riverdale Hunting Club, so I know they'll back me.

I really want the truth out there and would not want another hunting brother/sister having to deal with what I, and too many other hunters have had to deal with when they joined Riverdale Hunting Club.

Anyone is free to contact me but I need to check with my legal experts before I tell my truthful story on this public forum. I really want to avoid a lawsuit but I should be able to tell the truth and I'm more than willing to fight for that right.
Posted By: BassCat

Re: riverdale club - 12/06/11 10:06 PM

All I can say is I went to meet the woman that ran the club. After 10 minutes with her I already knew I wanted no part of her or her crap. I talked to a couple of other guys that got out of club and it confirmed my decesion. Two friends of mine got in and as far as the hunting it was great. As far as putting up with her crap and her side kick spy/snitch they could not stand it and did not get back in.

Re: riverdale club - 12/06/11 10:26 PM

Thanks for the warnings guys.

Re: riverdale club - 12/07/11 01:53 AM

BassCat, back in 2009, didn't she tell you that Riverdale was not a kid friendly club? Last yr, I tried to make it a kid friendly club where first time hunters could shoot any buck the kid wanted for their first buck (after that, 3.5 yr old bucks were the requirement) but she strong-armed me into limiting such kills to the extreme southern 300 acres of the property. We had a total of 6586 acres and she gave the kids 300 acres!!!! And kids couldn't shoot deer from her shooting houses as she had pad locks on them!!! She had agreed to take the pad locks off her shooting houses when she and hubby were recruiting me to run the place and they needed members.. when I agreed to recruit the members and I paid the lease, she reneged on opening up her shooting houses!!! The stories I could tell!

Re: riverdale club - 12/07/11 02:52 AM

i dont care what they say she is nuts hopefully there will be some good people that get that lease next year so it can be ran good . why do you think 17 of 35 people got out of club 2 years age some had been in club 1yr to 10 yrs. i dont think they can sue bc people dont join there club it is not there personal land it is lease land you know what happiens when thay cant lease it anymore the timber comp will lease to someone else
Posted By: BassCat

Re: riverdale club - 12/08/11 09:29 PM

Yes, she told me that they were not a kid friendly club in that my son who at that time was 9 and had never killed a buck and only one or two does had to follow the same antler restrictions as everyone. She told me that some of the shooting houses were hers and no one was to use them but her! Also had a tripod or two that no one could use.

Re: riverdale club - 12/10/11 02:44 AM

sounds just like her if i told the story on how they meet it would shed some light on what type of people they are
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: riverdale club - 12/10/11 08:18 AM

Dang Bucktrot, I could have told you how to take care of those "locks".

I tore a door off one time with a recking bar. I was ok with his shooting house being locked so I hunted in a natural blind. this was on a "club" greenfield. After the second time he interrupted my hunt at primetime by driving to the field, I fixed his shooting house for him.

That club on the Franklin/Colbert Co line was a joke also. It was ok for the President's buddies to shoot illegal bucks. I got out quick.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: riverdale club - 12/13/11 11:20 PM

I heard shooting houses without doors were hard to lock as well.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: riverdale club - 12/14/11 12:55 AM

I think I've been told before, but who owns the land?
Posted By: bloodtrail

Re: riverdale club - 12/14/11 03:01 AM

I wonder how cutting the lock and putting your own lock would go over........

I was in a club in Sumter Co that had locked houses and locked tripods everywhere. They even had climbing sticks on all climbable trees around a few cutovers. I heard there looking for members, big club with a few tractors, processing room, freezer, club house.............
Posted By: droptines

Re: riverdale club - 12/14/11 05:14 AM

If the land is good and enough people want it, the solution is really very simple. Just go around them and pay what you need to pay to get the lease. Kick the idiots out and go about your business. Problem solved.

Re: riverdale club - 12/14/11 12:31 PM

when I first read about fawns hope, it sounded like the PERFECT place, Bucktrot had the right idea when it came to kids in the outdoors and harvesting mature bucks and ENJOYING the outdoors. Peoples GREED is whats wrong with the world. Bucktrot if you ever manage a club please let me know man.
Posted By: buckgrunt14

Re: riverdale club - 12/14/11 12:50 PM

Truly it is sad to see individuals such as these leaseholders ruin the great outdoors for so many people it is pathetic as someone said all GREED over a deer........bucktrot is a great guy an was betrayed by these idiots...I know what four of their former members hunting with us have shared with me and hell ain't hot enough for the husband an wife outlaws Bonnie /Clyde
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: riverdale club - 12/14/11 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: droptines
If the land is good and enough people want it, the solution is really very simple. Just go around them and pay what you need to pay to get the lease. Kick the idiots out and go about your business. Problem solved.

I think they have pretty good ties to the landowners. Easier said than done.

Re: riverdale club - 12/15/11 04:28 AM

Wow!!! Guys!!! Thanks for the kind words!!! I appreciate it very very much! I really tried to make it work but dealing with "Bonnie and Clyde" proved to be way too much. In my opinion, they are the worst two people I have ever met in my life. It wasn't until I was committed and invested ($) that I really found out about these two. The first day I put an ad on this site as well as AFOA, the name of my club was Riverdale Conservation Mgmt and I found out that day that I needed to change the name of my club and that's where Fawn's Hope came from.

I had potential members not join just b/c this husband and wife pair were members .

Anyway, it didn't take long before I saw what everybody was telling me.... this husband and wife team, in my opinion, as well as many others, are UNBELIEVABLE and it's hard to describe their actions and accusations.

I really hate to talk negatively about other people but I do NOT want these two people to have the opportunity to make another deer season miserable for another hunter nor do I want anyone to invest money into this club or believe what they say. It's really, really, really bad.

And, there are a lot of individuals that will say the same things I've said. As I've stated before, the husband has threatened to sue me for slander if I get on this site and tell my story but everything I've stated is true and there are so many others willing to say the same exact thing as I've stated and testify in court. The truth isn't illegal.

Y'all have a great day. God Bless!
Posted By: bigt

Re: riverdale club - 12/15/11 02:08 PM

I think me and a buddy might have to join this club next year. I would love for someone to try and intimidate us! grin It would be worth the money just to have the fun I could see us having!
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: riverdale club - 12/16/11 02:14 AM

I have often thought the same thing!!!!

And, I see the mirror image of the jealousy that the couple is said to exhibit.

If THEY have it, and YOU want it.....it IS jealousy. Plain and simple!!!!

Don't join if you don't want to.
Posted By: ford150man

Re: riverdale club - 12/16/11 02:36 AM

It's not very Christian like, and I wouldn't recommend it, but I know several folks that it only take one time of being told they couldnt hunt a particular stand or found it pad locked. The next time it would be burned, or pulled over and destroyed. We used to have a guy in a club I was in many years ago that tried locking "his" stands on club food plots and expected to have first dibs on those areas. Eventually his shoot houses were destroyed by both methods listed above but before they were some of the members took more pleasure out of tormenting him than they did hunting. This was also a husband wife thing. Some of the guys would "go to town to eat at night" when really they would go to one of shoot houses they frequented, use a screwdriver to remove the lock hasp to get inside. Once in, they would take a crap in the shoot house, usually on the bench seat inside. One of the shoot houses had a hatch door in the floor that you climbed up through. The final straw for the couple was when the wife went to climb in and put her hand down right in a big old turd.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM