Aldeer.com

Hog Hunts on Leased Land

Posted By: Capt CB

Hog Hunts on Leased Land - 08/16/19 01:49 AM

Thinking of doing some semi-guided hog hunts on our land this coming year. Has anyone else done this? Have any input?
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Hog Hunts on Leased Land - 08/16/19 10:09 AM

Where’s your place at? What kind of money, have a place to stay, what time from in the year, what kind of kill method??? Just a few questions folks might ask.
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Hog Hunts on Leased Land - 08/16/19 02:42 PM

I thought about doing it but then I was invited to take some people hunting on a hunting club in Sumter county and was reminded of the kind of people I would have to deal with. I decided I enjoy hunting more when it’s just the dogs, a couple people of my choice, and me.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Hog Hunts on Leased Land - 08/16/19 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by BayedUp
I thought about doing it but then I was invited to take some people hunting on a hunting club in Sumter county and was reminded of the kind of people I would have to deal with. I decided I enjoy hunting more when it’s just the dogs, a couple people of my choice, and me.

what he said...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: Hog Hunts on Leased Land - 08/16/19 05:17 PM

i seen on tv, a guy had his set-up so the feed timer went off right before shooting light. He had a blind so he could watch around feeder and shoot from concealment. Then he would walk to the next timer which was set to go off 15 minutes before he got there. He had 4-5 feeders set-up this way. I thought that would be a good idea and would keep hunters occupied. It looked like alot of fun.
Posted By: furnfeather

Re: Hog Hunts on Leased Land - 08/16/19 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
Originally Posted by BayedUp

what he said...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I second this. Only took me 1x to figure this out over a decade ago and it involved birds not hogs. I set some people straight real quick about gun handling and common sense. Needless to say not an enjoyable experience but definitly a learning one,like touching a hot stove on purpose.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM