Aldeer.com

First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin

Posted By: Rcmay

First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 01/29/19 01:05 PM

I am looking for a club or lease to join for the 2019-2020 season. I live in Spanish Fort and would like to hunt as close as I can to my house. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: Stob

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 01/29/19 11:09 PM

I'll be following. I'm right across the road from you in Daphne.
Posted By: 65creedmore

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 01/30/19 03:23 PM

same boat here. currently hunt in north Monroe County; have you hunted the public tensaw delta land? I hear (from an unrealiable source ) its good even excellent if you can access it... Probably like anywhere else good land/ leases are hard to come by. you usually have to know the right person. Please keep me in mind
Posted By: Kbrewhunter1

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/01/19 07:07 PM

I am gonna be following this as well. I am in Elberta and would like to find a lease or a club.
Posted By: Ruger8point

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/02/19 01:51 AM

If you just moved here be prepared to be disappointed in the deer hunting.
Posted By: Seth86

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/02/19 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ruger8point
If you just moved here be prepared to be disappointed in the deer hunting.

I’d disagree with that one, though it may be slow there are some studs that come out of here.
Posted By: Rcmay

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/02/19 03:52 AM

I live in a neighborhood in Baldwin Co, it’s in the city limits. I have a deer on the camera I have set up behind my house that is a wall hanger! 8 point, 5-5.5 year old deer. I don’t expect the deer to be as big but my son will still enjoy being in the woods and that, for me, is the main goal.
Posted By: fishchris

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/06/19 01:35 PM

I myself wouldn't mind teaming up with someone to check out some of the wma land on the river,tensaw river Delta,I myself don't know nothing about it ,but I've got a small boat and if myself and another person,or two could get together for some scouting I'm sure we could find some good spots for deer hunting next year,not to mention turkey this coming season.If someone is interested in this prospect let me know.The way I figure it is with two or more people it would be safer,and we could find out more info as we go from other sources .I'm in the Wilmer area so let me know thanks ,and God bless.Oyeah I'm 44 years old so please no youngins,nothing against the younger generation,just I deal with kids enough at home ,lol.
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/06/19 01:44 PM

I don’t mean to discourage you fellers, but if you want a reliable place to hunt, you may want to get in a lease. The delta has been underwater for about 3/4 of this deer season. Usually gets high for at least half of turkey season. It was all season last spring.
Posted By: alhawk

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/06/19 03:24 PM

Turkeyjoe speaks the truth and especially about the Upper Delta. Lower Delta has more land that can withstand high water.
Upper by land = gates locked when Claiborne is 21 ft
Upper by boat = plenty of land to hunt when over 21. When over 42(as has been the case since December)there will be basically no places to legally hunt. When over 30, many sloughs start filling and can cut you off.
Posted By: Brad Watson

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/09/19 12:48 PM

Hey guys, I have found an Alabama Power lease in Axis. Approximately 35 minutes from Daphne/Spanish Fort. It is a bid system but thought if I could find 7-8 guys to do it with me it should be reasonable. It is 493 acres with some areas already cleared for planting. 8 guys would be about $565 each if we got it for $9/acre. I don't want to bid unless I have enough people lined up. Anyone interested?
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/09/19 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Watson
Hey guys, I have found an Alabama Power lease in Axis. Approximately 35 minutes from Daphne/Spanish Fort. It is a bid system but thought if I could find 7-8 guys to do it with me it should be reasonable. It is 493 acres with some areas already cleared for planting. 8 guys would be about $565 each if we got it for $9/acre. I don't want to bid unless I have enough people lined up. Anyone interested?

you dont want 8 guys on 500 acres
Posted By: James

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/09/19 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Beadlescomb

Yeah that's about 5 too many lol
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/09/19 11:04 PM

Yeah 4 people at $1100 each could be some good hunting IF....................

None have 3 or more family members that hunt every time they do (simple solution is a 2 buck and 1-2 doe limit per membership) OR

None are retirees and able to hunt every day. OR

None work shutdowns and take the entire hunting season off to hunt every day.

Pressure is the largest single limiting factor to deer sightings and hunting success
Posted By: LongBeards29

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/09/19 11:25 PM

@ BRAD WATSON PM sent
Posted By: Kbrewhunter1

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/11/19 11:13 AM

Brad Watson I also am interested.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/21/19 03:39 AM

Be some piddlers in Axis...
Posted By: Morris

Re: First post, looking for a club or lease in Baldwin - 02/21/19 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by Beadlescomb

Yeah that's about 5 too many lol

Or 6
© 2024 ALDEER.COM