Aldeer.com

Dallas or Wilcox county

Posted By: Qualitybuck89

Dallas or Wilcox county - 12/02/18 05:23 PM

LLooking to lease a small piece of land for next year around Dallas or Wilcox county around 50-500 acers.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Dallas or Wilcox county - 12/03/18 12:03 AM

We leased some near pineapple years ago but it was so full of snakes was afraid to hunt it. terrible

Re: Dallas or Wilcox county - 12/03/18 01:33 AM

Don’t like snakes either! That sucks!

Re: Dallas or Wilcox county - 12/03/18 01:37 AM

Rattlers and copperheads. Never seen anything like it. For some reason if was a dam snake pit. Lucky one of us didn't get bit. Tons of bobcats too.
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: Dallas or Wilcox county - 12/03/18 03:45 PM

Check the websites of the companies listed in the stickied post at the top of this sub forum. I want to remember Weyerhauser, Plum Creek, and Rayonier all having leases available in these two counties available during leasing season (June to September) last year. Good luck.

Re: Dallas or Wilcox county - 12/03/18 05:07 PM

Alabama def. has to do something about the predator control situation! And thanks RobertD it seems like I get tied up with work and miss out when they do come open. But I’ll be on it this year!
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: Dallas or Wilcox county - 12/03/18 10:48 PM

Well I call it leasing season because MOST leases don't come available until the previous year's lessee doesn't pay the bill. Occasionally someone will notify the landowner/timber company ahead of time and it may get advertised earlier in the year but MOST leases I've been involved with were payable in May or June. When they do it's a mad scramble to go look at them and try to lock one up. There are other ways to go besides timber/leasing companies but they require either a LOT of research or knowing something or someone others don't. You USUALLY won't get a lot of help pointing to specific properties on here because many (if not most) members on here are looking for land too. I'm in a club I've been in for 4 years but I'd still love to find a small tract to lease for just family and selected guests. Unfortunately there's LOTS of people with the same idea. Don't get discouraged, just be willing to work a little harder than someone else and you may find something.

One word to the wise, there are good and bad companies to lease from and I've been involved with both. Do your homework. FWIW I had GREAT experiences with Soterra, although the employees I dealt with have moved on.
Posted By: WmHunter

Re: Dallas or Wilcox county - 12/10/18 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
Rattlers and copperheads. Never seen anything like it. For some reason if was a dam snake pit. Lucky one of us didn't get bit. Tons of bobcats too.

What makes some area in Alabama a snake pit like that and most places you rarely see one?
Posted By: JohnG

Re: Dallas or Wilcox county - 12/13/18 12:49 PM

Never seen a rattler in the high PH prairie / chalky soils of Marengo county, but if the soil will grow a pine tree you will find rattlers.

Re: Dallas or Wilcox county - 12/13/18 09:40 PM

The place we hunted had a lot of sandy spots that the rattlers liked to lay in. Creek bottom had the copperheads. The biggest rattler had a whole squirrel in it.
Posted By: BowPreacher

Re: Dallas or Wilcox county - 12/16/18 09:04 PM

That sounds like the Cahaba WMA our near Copperhead Rd.
Posted By: Bud Meadows

Re: Dallas or Wilcox county - 12/19/18 09:12 PM

The land I hunt in Namibia has SEVEN species of venomous snakes: Black Mambas, Horned Adders and five types of Cobras. The worst ones are the Spitting Cobras. They don’t even have to bite you to harm you. They spit their venom in your eyes and you can have blurred vision for life.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: Dallas or Wilcox county - 12/19/18 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bud Meadows
The land I hunt in Namibia has SEVEN species of venomous snakes: Black Mambas, Horned Adders and five types of Cobras. The worst ones are the Spitting Cobras. They don’t even have to bite you to harm you. They spit their venom in your eyes and you can have blurred vision for life.

Sounds like another good reason to keep my tail out of Namibia.

Re: Dallas or Wilcox county - 12/22/18 01:18 AM

I also had a dam black widow come crawling out from under a tree stand seat there. Seen it crawling on my leg.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM