Aldeer.com

Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio

Posted By: All4QDM

Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 03/27/18 05:56 PM

1200 Prime Ac. In Lee County AL, In 2016, this property produced the largest buck entered in the AON Truck Buck Contest.

Currently, there are 2 members, and we are looking for one additional member for a total of only 3.

Timber has been cut.. It was sprayed, burned and re- planted this winter, Browse is now starting to pop up all over. Still lots of hardwoods in drains and the creek that runs through the property.
Long Power Line(1.33 mile) with lots of quality Food Plots. Many Food Plots have shooting houses on them. We plant food plots in summer and fall. Also have supplemental feed in off season and mineral licks placed in strategic locations.

Hunt year round for Deer, Turkey or Fish in the 3 ponds we have. Property has had little hunting pressure the past 4 years, and even now there is almost no pressure from the surrounding property.

Included on site is a large comfortable Lodge with AC, Central Heat, 3 Bedrooms & 2 baths with showers. Large Living room and Dining room with fireplaces in each. Living Room has 50" TV with Satellite Svc(DVR & HD). Kitchen fully operational with new refrigerator and ice maker. Large front porch overlooking one of our fishing ponds... Very Relaxing.

Keeping hunting pressure to a minimum is a high priority for us, which is why we limit membership to only 3.

We are looking for someone who has lots of QDM experience and no problem passing up a 2.5-3.5 yr. old Buck. Antler requirements: 130"BC for 1st Buck --140"BC for 2nd. No penalty for violation if buck is 4.5 yr. old. 2 buck limit and doe harvest per biologist recommendations..

We keep records, pull jawbones and work with AL State Biologists for the betterment of our program. 2 yrs ago, they conducted a recruitment study on our property, and the conclusion was that we have a very healthy herd. We had a 1.5 yo doe with twins and a 3.5 yo doe with triplets !! All does harvested were pregnant with twins or triplets!
This is an excellent chance for a serious QDM hunter, looking for that perfect opportunity. But you need to be serious !!

$4500.

If interested and wish to discuss further, please PM me with your name, phone number and where you live.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 03/27/18 07:12 PM

I think you mean high land: hunter ratio grin

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 03/28/18 12:04 AM

Ooops.. Of course. Was in hurry to finish this, and reviewed the post, but not the title. Thanks for pointing it out ..

Posted By: War Eagle 2

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 04/06/18 11:18 PM

Sounds AWSOME ! Great area !!

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 04/09/18 02:38 PM

It is.... Rich soil and lots of browse/Food Plots.... We took a 253" 12 pt a couple of years ago, and this year, are following an 11 pt that looks to be in 160s..
Posted By: HippieKiller

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 04/09/18 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by All4QDM
...We took a 253" 12 pt a couple of years ago...

Did you leave the ear tag on the mount? wink

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 04/09/18 04:32 PM

Sorry.;;;;; 153"... I added 100" just to see if you were awake..

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 04/09/18 04:33 PM

Sorry.;;;;; 153"... I added 100" just to see if you were awake..
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 04/10/18 12:18 PM

I guess 1200 acres would classify as free range in the medium pen.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 04/10/18 04:19 PM

Where is the property located, and is the land privately owned or timber company?
Posted By: olemossy

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 04/10/18 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by jlbuc10
Where is the property located, and is the land privately owned or timber company?

x2

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 04/23/18 11:27 PM

PM sent.
Posted By: Mcopeland

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 04/23/18 11:52 PM

Interested. Is there still an opening?

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 04/24/18 10:00 PM

Yes...... if you wish to explore further, send me a pm with name, phone # and a good time to call you.
Posted By: Hookncook

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 05/09/18 11:15 PM

please contact me, 334-451-0563. I am very interested in your place with the rules you have posted. Thanks. Text is best.
Posted By: War Eagle 2

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 06/08/18 02:49 PM

Bump
Posted By: Thefofive

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 07/03/18 03:35 AM

Sounds like a great club for a QDM type member. HOWEVER, I urge you to reconsider the progressive antler requirements. Some clubs make a rule like: Your second buck has to be bigger than your first. Seriously, that makes no sense. So if a member goes and kills a 155" ten pt opening day, he can't shoot that 140" 8 pt the day after?!?!?!? Come on.

I like the 4 yr old buck trumps all rule. With only two bucks... just make the rules where you have to kill a 4 yr old buck... no matter what the buck's antler score is.

Nonetheless, I like what you're trying to do. Just some feedback. Thx.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 07/04/18 02:45 AM

He stated there is no penalty for violation if a buck is 4.5 years old.

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 07/26/18 07:18 PM

I actually agree that making the 2nd buck score higher than the 1st buck doesn't make sense. You explained why in the same manner as would I. Look at my wording. I'm not saying the 2nd buck has to be bigger than the first. I'm saying the 2nd buck has to be 140" +.... So, if you take a 160" buck on opening day, you must raise your minimum level only to 140".... Same holds true if your 1st buck scored 110". What we want to do is since he has a buck already, we want to force that hunter to be a bit more selective when hunting that 2nd buck.. We aren't making the second buck 4 yr old or older, because that's already in the rules anyway. Additionally, I had that rule in my Club in GA and in the first 2 yrs, we had 3 hunters kill 2.5 y.o. bucks, and they were thinking that the bucks were 4.5 y.o. bucks. I appreciate your input...... like to have stimulating thought, but we are going to keep the current restrictions......... at least for now.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 07/26/18 08:18 PM

Most guys I have hunted with can't tell a 2.5 from a 4.5.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 07/26/18 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives

THIS ......
Ground shrinkage has taken a lot of age and width off many a buck!
Posted By: hitek

Re: Prime QDM Property -- High Hunter : Land Ratio - 07/27/18 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Stickers
Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives

THIS ......
Ground shrinkage has taken a lot of age and width off many a buck!

Then I would say this club is not for them...
© 2024 ALDEER.COM