Aldeer.com

Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County"

Posted By: Squeaky

Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/01/18 10:39 PM

My partner and I have a rare opportunity to lease a decent size property in this state that in time, will become one of those special places to hunt. This property has the genetic potential to produce Midwest quality deer consistently under the right management program. We will be a small part of a larger trophy management cooperative that will be managing a very large tract of land under similar goals. The property is raw so there is a lot of work to be done develop this place into what it will become. The good news, is we have two years of no hunting to start building off of. This should result in some older age class deer right out the gate for us. I have seen what the neighboring club has produced so there is little doubt our place can be just as good if not better.

I am gauging interest as to who would be interested in being part of a low pressure (250 acres per member) club Located in Clarke County Alabama that will have a strong focus on managing for 4.5-year-old deer or older. The property will be approximately 3800 to 4000 continuous acres. The property consists mostly of managed pines with hardwood smz’s and a few clear cuts. The property is on a 3 year burn rotation, so a percentage of the property will be prescribe burned every year.

Our goal is to have 12 members but no more than 15 max. If the financial side of things work out, I’ll stay with 12 but will reserve the opportunity to add a few more members if they are the right fit.

My partner and I are currently working on securing a camp that will be in place by mid to late summer. The camp fee will be included in the cost of membership.

We are looking for members that are low pressure and hunt by age that are willing to hunt smart and keep pressure to a bare minimum until the rut. My partner and I have used this strategy over the last several years and it’s proven to be very effective with remarkable results. If you can buy into this strategy you should be impressed with the results. We will not dictate when anyone can hunt as there will be opportunities to hunt around key weather patterns and certain periods of the season. What we are asking, is the members of this club give some thought into when they hunt the property to main low pressure and promote better day time movement from the mature deer. It is a proven fact the odds are extremely low of killing a mature deer if the place has been hunted to death and the deer highly educated before the rut kicks in. If you can get on board with the low pressure strategy and plan your hunts when the odds are more in your favor we would like to talk with you in further detail!

We are also looking for a member that is more focused on deer hunting rather than the turkey’s. We already have several serious turkey hunters on board and that alone will steer most serious turkey hunters away quickly. I get it and fully understand, I’m a serious turkey hunter. With that said, the focus is on someone looking for the right opportunity to hunt mature deer and be part of a low pressure group of hunters.

This club will not be what I would consider a lax family friendly club. We will allow family, but there are rules in place to prevent it from becoming a free for all. We will also offer a few guest opportunities but once again not a free for all. We do understand the importance of spending time with your family and the opportunity to invite the occasional guest. Our goal is to have fun, become a tight nit group that is willing to share information and help each other be successful on harvesting mature deer.

We will have board that will vote on issues or rule changes etc. rather than one person deciding what is best for everyone else to do. We will also have an open check book policy so everyone can see how the funds are being spent.

The cost for this opportunity will be $3500 @ 12 members. It could be a little less or a little more depending on the final numbers for the camp or if we decide to add a few additional members.

Please no tire kickers!! My partner and I do not have a lot free time to waste answering all your questions. All the information above should give you the basic information needed to make an informed decision if you would like to be part of this opportunity or not. Please discuss this with your boss lady in advance for permission if that’s required in your house hold. I understand some folks need to have that conversation just do it before wasting our time.

In closing we will be glad to provide more detailed information if you are seriously interested at this point. Please PM with your contact information, phone and email address. My partner and I will send more detailed information after one of us speaks with you.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/02/18 07:51 PM

I will add that the full cost of membership is not due until June 15th. However, I will require a deposit of $1000 to hold any spot you commit to taking. This may or may not make a difference in someone's decision, but thought I would make that known.
Posted By: Emile

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/03/18 03:52 AM

Hey Squeaky Where is the land located in Clarke County?
Posted By: Hunt4Jesus

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/03/18 06:31 AM

How will it be for the kids? I am interested and is everything centralized from the camp?
What will able to be killed per year?
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/03/18 12:55 PM

Looks good Squeaky.. I’ve been talking to Steve about this and the area definetly has a proven history for producing big bucks..
Posted By: Narrow Gap

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/03/18 02:10 PM

Is The Area River bottom land or Hill/ Upland land?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/03/18 02:23 PM

Hill/ Upland land and is known for producing bigger bucks than some of the more popular river bottom clubs in the area.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/03/18 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by gatorbait154
Looks good Squeaky.. I’ve been talking to Steve about this and the area definetly has a proven history for producing big bucks..

Yea we think it's a great opportunity. Some folks don't think so and we are taking a beating on Danny's facebook post.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/03/18 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Hunt4Jesus
How will it be for the kids? I am interested and is everything centralized from the camp?
What will able to be killed per year?

Ryan I have emailed you a copy of the rules we have drafted thus far. It will explain in detail how we plan to work with the kids.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/03/18 02:35 PM

PM sent

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/03/18 04:41 PM

I’m going to word things a little differently than my original post that may be understood better.

We are looking to have 12 men or women that can afford this opportunity that are willing to sit down at a table and come to an agreement on how to manage a club for the following. 4.5 year old or older deer, promote low pressure until the rut or key time frames within the season, be family friendly with structure that prevents abuse of the privilege and promotes a positive and fun hunting experience without the drama/bickering of most typical hunting clubs.

If 12 folks can’t sit down and figure out how to accomplish this common goal we are really headed down a slippery slope.

We do have a set of rules drafted that outlines the above but we are open for suggestions and improvements where those can be made.

Most importantly and foremost we need 12 people that can at least agree to have those discussions to finalize a plan.
Posted By: Narrow Gap

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/03/18 05:31 PM

PM sent
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/03/18 08:30 PM

I'm interested. The area does have excellent genetics. Would you send me a copy of the rules to review please?
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/05/18 12:44 AM

Mike a small suggestion would be for y'all to agree on the must have rules and sort your people from there. Regardless, you want people to meet your requirements not theirs.
As long as you or whomever run a club the way that was agreed upon no one can have a argument. May not like it but no argument. Good luck should be great if you can do as you described.

That may have been what you intended to say, and I just misunderstood. Managing people can be harder than the herd. smile
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/05/18 02:17 AM

Wish I was closer

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/05/18 03:59 AM

Brandon I have a pretty solid set of rules drafted. Some of them are open for discussion of there is a better way of doing things. Danny and I will make the final decision on what we change or stays like it is. I feel confident I can make this club work if I get the right people. I have successfully done it for 10 years on my Kentucky property with a lot less land. It takes the right people though and that’s what we are looking for.
Posted By: burbank

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/05/18 02:21 PM

Is this part of the old scotch wma?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/05/18 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by burbank
Is this part of the old scotch wma?

PM sent
Posted By: tucker07

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/05/18 03:00 PM

How long is the drive for you Mike? I'm on the East side of Covington Co.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/05/18 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by tucker07
How long is the drive for you Mike? I'm on the East side of Covington Co.

I can be on the property in exactly 2 hrs if I don't get stuck behind a bunch of slow log trucks on hwy 84.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/06/18 03:04 AM

I'll just tip my hat to you for trying to be as straightforward and honest about what you are trying to do before someone plops their money down and ends up not happy. Apparently not everyone does this as evidenced by some pretty entertaining threads in the past.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/06/18 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by jawbone
I'll just tip my hat to you for trying to be as straightforward and honest about what you are trying to do before someone plops their money down and ends up not happy. Apparently not everyone does this as evidenced by some pretty entertaining threads in the past.

That is EXACTLY our intent.

We want to avoid any future confusion concerning the Goals that we have, our Plans to reach those Goals or the Rules that we have developed to implement and carry out that Plan.
We definitely do not know everything there is to know!
But, we have a Plan based on what we know what has worked for us in the past.

And, this type of Club is not for everybody.
It is not nearly as strict as some of the more rigid Trophy Clubs that I know of.
But, they are more strict than the average Club with a lot of members that are more Social than focused on growing and providing consistent opportunities on Quality bucks.
Also, I feel that the price per membership is slightly higher than the 'average' Club.
But, again, MUCH lower than most Trophy Clubs.

We do not want anyone to join in with a distorted perception of what we are trying to do or how we plan to do it.
We are building a solid group of guys here with the people who are on board!

I have HIGH hopes for this!!!
I am intimately familiar with the Area and even this specific property.
People are really going to be surprised when this property begins reaching it's true potential.
The genetics are as good as anywhere I know of!
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/06/18 12:53 PM

I hope ya'll can find a dozen folks that will actually follow your guidelines, it is very hard to get that many on the same page, even being upfront.

I had a club in Hale Co much like ya'll are working on. Great property, good population, and great genetics. And I vetted my members out pretty hard about where we wanted to be and what we were shooting. All the guys talked the talk. Opening day, two hours before dark, 50 yard shot in a greenfield one of the guys shoots a 1.5 year old eight point buck. WTH did we discuss? He responded by saying he would kill any eight point he saw. I gave him his money back and trespassed him off the club. Just damn.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/06/18 01:20 PM

Good luck Mike, hope you are able to get the right members lined up. If I had the time and money I'd be all over this opportunity!

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/06/18 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
I hope ya'll can find a dozen folks that will actually follow your guidelines, it is very hard to get that many on the same page, even being upfront.

I had a club in Hale Co much like ya'll are working on. Great property, good population, and great genetics. And I vetted my members out pretty hard about where we wanted to be and what we were shooting. All the guys talked the talk. Opening day, two hours before dark, 50 yard shot in a greenfield one of the guys shoots a 1.5 year old eight point buck. WTH did we discuss? He responded by saying he would kill any eight point he saw. I gave him his money back and trespassed him off the club. Just damn.

Fred you are so right about the people. It's going to be hard to do but Danny and I are up for the challenge. I'm sure we will end up with a few members that will need to coached along the way. Hopefully by being totally open and up front about our vision for this property it will minimize those type members.

I have had similar experience with my big Kentucky lease. Some of my members have been the type I could work with and allow them to grow into the type member we are looking for. Some were a lost cause and had to find some where else to hunt. What I do bring to the table is excellent people skills, I can work with folks if they are willing to follow advice and direction. I also know a little about managing a property but don't know it all that's for sure!
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/06/18 03:59 PM

Is it private land or a timber company?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/06/18 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
Is it private land or a timber company?

It is owned by a small family group but does carry a timber company name.
Posted By: Daggerz

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/07/18 01:00 AM

Wish I was closer!
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/07/18 02:00 AM

Mike, I wish you luck and think you're up to the task, only problem is managing members. Kinda like herding cats

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/07/18 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by ronfromramer
Mike, I wish you luck and think you're up to the task, only problem is managing members. Kinda like herding cats

Mr. Ron it’s definitely gonna be a challenge for sure. Danny and I have 11 folks vetted so far and on the list to show the property to. They either know me very well or truly have the same vision as we do because they all said a lot of what I wanted to hear. One more spot on the list of 12 remains and then we are taking alternates in case someone has a change of heart.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/15/18 09:45 AM

Update:

Anyone wanting on the alternate list can contact Mike, or myself.
We should have everything in place by this weekend (HOPEFULLY) to have free access to show the property and actually begin work to prepare the property for this upcoming hunting season.

Also, from another thread....
To clarify, a membership does include turkey hunting rights. We just want people to know upfront that there are already 2 pretty serious turkey hunters alreadybsigned up. There are no ‘turkey only’ memberships, either.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/15/18 02:59 PM

There are lots of guys that will talk the talk.

Good luck on your club!
Posted By: desertdog

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/15/18 04:29 PM

How are you determining who can lay off the property until the rut. In my opinion on a great piece of property with low pressure early season can be good as well. Once again not criticizing just curious.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/15/18 07:37 PM

What they are basically doing is asking people how they will hunt. If the answer is , "if I pay $3500 for a great place with big bucks, I'm gonna definitely hunt every chance I get and every single weekend of the season, or the I'm gonna use all my vacation and try to hunt it at least 3 times a week or I'm planning to stay at the camp for 3 weeks straight and work and answer emails on my laptop between hunts...." Those are not the types they are looking for or considering for membership. If someone wants to hunt early season, or pop in for a hunt here and there, I'm sure they are fine with that, they've got plenty of land. In that particular area, there is a definitive lull in deer sightings that occurs, that I refer to as the "December doldrums". Bucks simply disappear completely for a 3-4 week period before they start walking and laying down scrapes in the early part of the rut. Overall deer sightings including does sightings decrease drastically during this period. Happens everywhere to some extent but for whatever reason, it is really exaggerated IMO in Wilcox, Marengo, Clarke, South Dallas. IMO after hunting that general area for over 25 years, you're pretty much just wasting your time and just putting unnecessary scent in the woods and pressure on the property if you're hunting from Dec1 through around Christmas. Danny and Mike know this too. That's why they are trying to find like minded guys that hunt the way they do. This type hunting strategy is not for everyone. It takes discipline and commitment to stay out of the woods when conditions or the timing is not right.

I look at it like this. You're paying $3500, not to be able to hunt all the time, but to have enough land, in the right place, to be able to grow and hold big deer and for the opportunity to hunt those big bucks during the rut when your chances of killing one is 100X better than anytime other than opening weekend. If you've pressured them like crazy since the season opened, your chances of killing one, even during the rut will go down exponentially.

You can be rest assured that if they are successful in getting the right group of guys together and can keep them all together and on the same page, in 3-5 years, they will have a phenomenal "showplace" of a property.

For the record, we hunt our property that exact same way. We are in the same general area. A couple bowhunts early, if conditions are good, and to try to get whatever doe harvest (if we feel any is needed) out of the way with our bows rather than guns. We generally hunt opening weekend and maybe some around the Thanksgiving holidays and then we pretty much completely stay off the property until January. It's the most effective way we've found to have the opportunity to consistently kill mature bucks.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/15/18 10:46 PM

Pretty good synopsis, abolt300.

We are most definitely not going to TELL people when they can hunt and when they cannot!

However, we have gathered a group of guys together who all agree that low-pressure is key and all plan to hunt 'smart' and not be intrusive until the time is right.
That does not mean not to hunt if you have a free weekend!
It simply means to use the wind to your advantage, plan your entry and exit to the area wisely, and don't go tramping through bedding areas and trying to hunt the 'honey holes' when the conditions are wrong for it.

Myself, I did not hunt at all this past year until after Christmas.
But, in 9 days of hunting in Jan, I was able to take the 3 of the mature bucks that I had on camera!!!

It works!

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/15/18 11:00 PM

4320 acres provides for a LOT of options to hunt smart and leave plenty of areas undisturbed!
Posted By: Bossbuck

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/16/18 12:46 AM

Abolt300 and hog wild you are both right. It works on small property to. I only hunted mid January for about 2 weeks and was able to see all the deer on my cameras and could have killed the 2 best bucks on the property but decided to let them walk.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/16/18 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by ElkHunter
There are lots of guys that will talk the talk.

Good luck on your club!

You are absolutely correct, Barry!

Some of those guys can be coached and will make the necessary changes to their mindsets and become great members......they simply were not 'ready' for that next step.
And, some of them almost try TOO hard....they go to the extremes on everything....and expect everyone else to do the same.
Then, there are the 'do as I say, not as I do' types that just do not realize that THEY are the problem....not all the other things they constantly complain about. And, often, they are GREAT guys that just honestly can not see it!

While we certainly hope to avoid any of these types, it is inevitable that it will happen.
Luckily, between Mike and I, we have had a lot of experience with this and have Rules in place that will minimize any problems. And, we also both enjoy helping other hunters and sharing things that we have learned over the years. Most people don't want to be a problem or cause trouble. They simply have different ideas or ways of doing things that just don't fit in with the majority. Hopefully, if we have one, we will be able to work with them in a manner that will help them and provide cohesion for the Club. Heck, I hope the results speak for themselves and they are able to not only SEE it.....but, reap the rewards of it!

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/19/18 09:12 PM

Insurance is in place and Mike and I both have secured keys to the property for showing. I did a lil’ piddling this weekend in there. I set up some trailcams and mineral licks. So, we should begin getting some pics real soon. The roads are in excellent shape and there are numerous nice size food plots established. We plan to begin discing and getting ready to lime this weekend. We plan to put in some cover crops to help amend the soil and make for better Fall Plots.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/19/18 11:22 PM

Guys I agree with what Danny and a few others have said above. If you think like minded and can afford this opportunity I highly suggest you come take a look. Do not let this opportunity pass you by as you will regret that decision. This place will be ran and managed right!

We are showing Thursday and Friday. My schedule is pretty open from mid day through the afternoon for the next week. Shoot me a pm if interested in taking a tour.

Mike
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/20/18 12:14 AM

Wish I had the money and willpower to join yall. Unfortunately I dang sure ain’t got the money and doubt I have the willpower and know my son and wife don’t. Good luck to y’all sounds like a good place.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/20/18 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Hogwild
Pretty good synopsis, abolt300.

We are most definitely not going to TELL people when they can hunt and when they cannot!

However, we have gathered a group of guys together who all agree that low-pressure is key and all plan to hunt 'smart' and not be intrusive until the time is right.
That does not mean not to hunt if you have a free weekend!
It simply means to use the wind to your advantage, plan your entry and exit to the area wisely, and don't go tramping through bedding areas and trying to hunt the 'honey holes' when the conditions are wrong for it.

Myself, I did not hunt at all this past year until after Christmas.
But, in 9 days of hunting in Jan, I was able to take the 3 of the mature bucks that I had on camera!!!

It works!

For folks that truly want a high percentage chance at taking a large, mature buck in AL, this is the way it has to be. My current place is just like it but on a smaller scale. Best club style to promote success PERIOD!

I also know that this particular area produces phenomenal, high scoring deer if allowed to mature. It rivals anything in this state, Jackson county included 😉. I'm sure this club will have a long waiting list for years to come.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/25/18 10:04 PM

The last club I was in had several members who had 4 or 5 kids who hunted also and every spot was signed out every weekend. Hunted to death. Guys would watch the board to see where bucks were killed and brown its down what a load of bs.
Posted By: bigt

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/26/18 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
The last club I was in had several members who had 4 or 5 kids who hunted also and every spot was signed out every weekend. Hunted to death. Guys would watch the board to see where bucks were killed and brown its down what a load of bs.

Well there definitely will not be that problem in this club that is for sure......

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/26/18 03:27 PM

A few pics from the property.
It is a diverse tract that is just coming into it’s Prime with the timber and habitat management. We plan to provide the very best wildlife management possible to allow it reach it’s true potential and provide us and our members many years of GREAT hunting and Outdoor experiences!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/26/18 03:30 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/26/18 03:40 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/26/18 04:00 PM

Numerous large foodplots are scattered about the property. We plan to begin discing and liming them this weekend. Hopefully we will have some Summer food growing in just a few weeks!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/26/18 04:30 PM

Based on the looks of those pictures and the two yahoos running it, it's obvious that no deer or turkeys are currently present and none will be killed on this property in the next 24 months at least.

Just kidding. Looks great guys. Beautiful land. You'll enjoy it and improve it for sure. I stand by my previous post in saying that this place will be top notch club and a management showplace, with a waiting list a mile long, in the next 3-4 years. thumbup

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/26/18 06:58 PM

thumbup

One thing that Squeaky and I both have in common......

We don’t waste our time hunting where what we are hunting does not live. wink
Posted By: Darver540

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/26/18 07:37 PM

Squeaky showed me around on Thursday... I went home and strapped a rocket to my deposit check. Just saying....

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/26/18 07:42 PM

Ha!!

It is a place to fall in love with....no doubt about it!!

Man, we are gonna have a LOT of fun here for a LONG time to come!!!!

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/26/18 10:25 PM

We even have several hundred acres of longleaf cutovers that will dang near give you the feeling of being out West!
There are some fine funnels in here to catch em cruising in!! thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/26/18 11:40 PM

^^^^ makes me want to drag out an old 742 walking gun....
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/26/18 11:59 PM

7 Mag Country.... thumbup
Posted By: Surefire1911

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/27/18 01:11 AM

Fine looking place.. wish I had the funds to burn on a hunting lease, I’d sure do it.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/27/18 01:32 AM

I showed two more fellas today that committed to joining. Everyone I’ve shown so far has joined!! The property and amount of sign sells it’s self. It is truly a fine tract of land with a ton of potential!!
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/27/18 01:39 AM

We even have several hundred acres of longleaf cutovers that will dang near give you the feeling of being out West!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

In the second and third picture the land on the far right is that yalls as well. Only reason I ask is I looked at a piece of property that is identical to that paid dude in cash on the spot for the lease and had it taken from me.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/27/18 02:19 AM

Ruh roh

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/27/18 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by johndeere5036

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

In the second and third picture the land on the far right is that yalls as well. Only reason I ask is I looked at a piece of property that is identical to that paid dude in cash on the spot for the lease and had it taken from me.

Sir I can assure you this is not the lease you paid for and was taken away from you! Everything in those pictures is part of our lease.
Posted By: Mtn_Hunter

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/27/18 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
^^^^ makes me want to drag out an old 742 walking gun....

Makes me want to hear the stories that ole girl must have
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/27/18 02:51 AM

What part of clarke?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/27/18 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Forrestgump1
What part of clarke?

15 minuets south and west of Thomasville.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/28/18 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Squeaky
Originally Posted by johndeere5036

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sir I can assure you this is not the lease you paid for and was taken away from you! Everything in those pictures is part of our lease.
This happened last year but the land I was going to get is identical to that. Good luck this season sure is a fine piece of land

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/28/18 09:33 AM

Everything pictured is the ‘same’ land.....just different ages of timber.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/26/18 01:56 PM

I'm bumping this to the top!

We still need 3 of the right folks for this club. Hogwild has been down working on the property like a rented mule for the last several weeks. He has around 14 to 16 acres of summer food planted. He will plant several more acres in corn, lab lab/soybean/milo mix in the coming weeks.

We have a lot of pics and information to share with folks that are the right fit and seriously interested. Shoot Hogwild or myself a PM for more information and to schedule a showing. The property is awesome and slap full of game. Don't miss out on this opportunity!!

We have settled on 4,322 acres @ 14 members. That is 308.7 acres per member. It's a big place and a lot of land per hunter!!

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/26/18 02:14 PM

You are right about it being a BIG chunk of land!
There are still roads that I have not been on and I am still finding food plots!

But, I will get it all figured out, cleaned up and planted!
I don’t like to have hungry animals on the places I hunt! smile

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/02/18 01:04 PM

Danny has been hard at it the last few weekends and then some. I delivered my tractor and planter along with 20 bags of RR soybeans. We gonna have plenty of summer food planted on this place. Over 20 acres planted in corn and summer mix with more to planted in the coming weeks. Also several mineral licks have been established.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/02/18 05:39 PM

Y'all want any sunflower seed? NWTF guy north of there has bunch he got stuck with and will make somebody a deal on. PM me a number and I'll pass it on to the guy. Looks like PLENTY of room for a couple dove fields.

Had a hook up on some Sorghum (Milo) seed also, but it's all bulk and not cleaned or bagged (if he hasn't sold it all by now).

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/02/18 05:45 PM

Robert let me check with Danny. I'm sure we will take some to plant in our mix. I tried to get some sunflower seeds and my guy couldn't help me. I was able to get 3 bags of milo with my beans.

Mike
Posted By: BradB

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/02/18 05:48 PM

I hope to be doing something similar next week-end.What kinda planter is that?I have been doing my bean/corn fields by just spreading discing and dragging, which have turned out fine, but I really want a no till planter. Woulda had one this year but had a little tractor fire which required some unexpected repair expenses.I plant my beans/corn seperately so I can spray round-up on them.Do you plant all of that together and just let the weeds do their thing.? I do plant my field perimeter with a mix with buckwheat, sunn hemp and either Red Ripper Peas or a vining soybean, both which really climb the Sunn Hemp.Also, last year added Teosinate to the mix. It is a relative of corn, grows tall and makes a seed Turkey and Quail really like.

[Linked Image]

My screen with the Sunn Hemp mix is in the foreground. It got 8-10-foot tall and had beans climbing all over it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/02/18 06:56 PM

Dangit man. The more I look at this, the less that 2 hour drive seems to matter! That is going to be one helluva lease!

Dr. B

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/02/18 07:13 PM

Brad I'm not Danny (obviously) but that is a John Deere 7000 pull type planter with a set of No-Till coulters mounted to the front of each planter unit and fertilizer openers in front of them, which mount to the 2x2 bar the fertilizer box sits on.

The No-Till stuff for planters like that are for sale all over from many different manufacturers. They all require down pressure springs on the units to help hold the coulters in the ground. Many offer spider/finger/trash wheels as well to help sweep the ground clear where the opener discs run.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/02/18 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
Dangit man. The more I look at this, the less that 2 hour drive seems to matter! That is going to be one helluva lease!

Dr. B

Doc you couldn't get in anywhere any better (or likely as good) within a 2 hr drive of Mtgy without spending 2-3x what they're charging. I'd join if I wasn't already in a place N of there (presuming they'd have me, lol).

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/02/18 07:54 PM

Brad,

Robert nailed it on the planter. I have the corn meters and bean cups for this particular planter and do not have to fool with plates. I can change from corn to beans in about 10 minutes or less. In my opinion the little planter is prefect for planting corn and chufas. The 30" row spacing is to wide for beans. It simply does not put enough beans at a high enough rate to with stand browse pressure. We are mixing the beans in with other verities of seed in mix.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/02/18 08:00 PM

Chufa plot from last year I planted with that little planter.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My buddy owns this little drill and I’ll own one in the near future for planting beans any other seeds. This is a fine piece of equipment.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BradB

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/02/18 08:39 PM

Well I would love to have that Great Plains too, but that is a little overkill for the 8 acres I plant. Look a little funny pulling a drill which costed twice what my tractor did.Heck the planter is overkill, I just want it.That is gonna be an awesome place doing what your doing.That Chufa is incredible. Prolly the best looking field I have ever seen a picture of.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/03/18 02:54 AM

Mike split your middles on 30" row beans to 15". Just plant half population twice. 3-5 seed per ft.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/03/18 01:14 PM

Darver540 brought a load of Trophy Rocks that we put out. They are hitting them pretty good now! I freshened a few of the sites up yesterday with minerals and 465.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/03/18 07:00 PM

Can't hide money laugh

Seriously though, going to be a prime place. Ready to see some kill pics. Clarke County is going to surprise some folks.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/03/18 07:16 PM

Well, everybody knows that there is nothing else for them to eat in these danged old pines. Especially since they do those awful Growing Season burns in there!!!
😂

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bamajoz

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/05/18 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by BradB
I hope to be doing something similar next week-end.What kinda planter is that?I have been doing my bean/corn fields by just spreading discing and dragging, which have turned out fine, but I really want a no till planter. Woulda had one this year but had a little tractor fire which required some unexpected repair expenses.I plant my beans/corn seperately so I can spray round-up on them.Do you plant all of that together and just let the weeds do their thing.? I do plant my field perimeter with a mix with buckwheat, sunn hemp and either Red Ripper Peas or a vining soybean, both which really climb the Sunn Hemp.Also, last year added Teosinate to the mix. It is a relative of corn, grows tall and makes a seed Turkey and Quail really like.

[Linked Image]

My screen with the Sunn Hemp mix is in the foreground. It got 8-10-foot tall and had beans climbing all over it.

[Linked Image]

Deer love that Sunn Hemp

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/31/18 03:29 PM

All of our openings are currently spoken for. Full payment of membership dues are due in Mid June. We are taking alternates and creating a waiting list at this time. We currently have 5 people on the alternate/waiting list. If you have interest in this opportunity in the future please reach out to me or Danny and let's get you on the list.

Thank you to everyone that has had positive things to say about Danny and I as well as the property thumbup Danny has put in a lot of hard work over the last few months and the property has come a long way. I'll be spending a great deal of time on the place in the coming months myself. The dozer crew is building a lot of new plots on the property and it's our goal to get the nicer ones planted in a summer mix or chufa.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 06/01/18 12:29 AM

If you have interest in this opportunity in the future please reach out to me or Danny and let's get you on the list.

I’ve told you before, but just in case you thought I was joking, I want on that list in case I ever move closer or get a helicopter

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 06/01/18 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by foldemup
If you have interest in this opportunity in the future please reach out to me or Danny and let's get you on the list.

I’ve told you before, but just in case you thought I was joking, I want on that list in case I ever move closer or get a helicopter

Casey I will get you on the list buddy thumbup

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 12/06/18 05:37 PM

I thought I would put a little up date out on the club Danny (Hogwild) and I started.

We are off to good start with the season after a lot of aggravation and stress!! This was a huge challenge and responsibility to put on my plate. Thank god for a good partner and members because it would not have been possible without all of them getting behind me on starting this club.

The property has come on long way since this all started. We planted a lot of summer food and ended up with 43 fall food plots. The deer population as exceeded my expectations and I'm very pleased with what we are seeing on camera and in person. We have taken 3 mature bucks so far all off food plots with very few man hours spent in the woods. We settled on 14 members this year on 4400 acers and they are all doing great with managing their pressure. We expect to have a great rut next month with some better than average Alabama deer being taken off this property.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 12/06/18 05:48 PM

I thought I would put a little up date out on the club Danny (Hogwild) and I started.

We are off to good start with the season after a lot of aggravation and stress!! This was a huge challenge and responsibility to put on my plate. Thank god for a good partner and members because it would not have been possible without all of them getting behind me on starting this club.

The property has come on long way since this all started. We planted a lot of summer food and ended up with 43 fall food plots. The deer population as exceeded my expectations and I'm very pleased with what we are seeing on camera and in person. We have taken 3 mature bucks so far all off food plots with very few man hours spent in the woods. We settled on 14 members this year on 4400 acers and they are all doing great with managing their pressure. We expect to have a great rut next month with some better than average Alabama deer being taken off this property.

Good to hear it is working out well!! hope to see some monsters come off it!! thumbup

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 12/07/18 02:10 AM

You are spot-on, Squeaky!
A lot of work!!!

But, it is all worth it.
And, we have a great group of guys to share it with!
That means a lot to me.

I am gonna have to say also, our Buck:Doe Ratio is out of this World!
I have literally seen twice as many bucks as I have does in my few hunts!!

I am most definitely looking forward to a GREAT future!
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 12/08/18 04:38 PM

This is almost worth joining the club and doing a one week hunt during bow season and a one week hunt during the rut. What type of clubhouse do you have?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 12/09/18 05:19 AM

Every time I see you post here I'm hating I live over 2hrs away. Like most things in life, hard work pays off and y'all deserve every minute of enjoyment y'all get out of that tract! Looking forward to more updates!

Dr. B

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 12/09/18 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by joshm28
This is almost worth joining the club and doing a one week hunt during bow season and a one week hunt during the rut. What type of clubhouse do you have?

It's an old farm house, couple of beds, ect.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 12/09/18 07:01 PM

Any kills off this land? May change the mind of someone on the fence to join.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 12/09/18 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by AUwrestler
Any kills off this land? May change the mind of someone on the fence to join.

Here is a post by Squeaky not to long ago.

Last edited by Squeaky; 12-06-2018 05:38 PM.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 12/09/18 10:00 PM

This thread is useless without pics! grin

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 12/09/18 10:06 PM

They've killed 3 solid mature bucks. I've seen the pics. Danny and Mike just might not be wanting to advertise what they've got going. Good area, good land, good plan, good members, good neighbors. It's gonna be a success story.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 12/09/18 11:38 PM

Casey you have seen pics of the one I killed grin

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 12/09/18 11:58 PM

Casey you have seen pics of the one I killed grin

I know, I was just stirring it up. Great thing you guys got going. Wish it wasn't so dang far away from me.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/04/19 01:56 PM

Guy's it looks like we will be expanding the club by another 1600+ acres for the upcoming season. We will cap membership at 20 members on 6000+ continuous acres. That is approximately 300 acers per member. Cost under this scenario will be $4000 per membership as things currently stand. If you are interested in joining what is becoming one of the finest clubs in the state shoot me a PM. I will be available to show the property shortly after deer season. I will share trail camera pictures and harvest pictures at the time of showing. Membership for this club will not start until May 1st and will not include 2019 spring turkey season. Our Membership runs from May 1st, 2019 to May 1st, 2020.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/04/19 10:35 PM

This is one of those times when I can say this and really mean it.
I really wish you were closer.
Posted By: Bubba_Lou

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/04/19 11:12 PM

I’m interested, would love to visit and look over the property! , shoot me a PM

Thanks
Donnie Herrin
Posted By: Medicman88

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/14/19 02:42 PM

I’m interested & sent you PM.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/14/19 03:57 PM

.... and still no deer.......

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/14/19 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Stickers

Care to explain your comment?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/14/19 04:45 PM

He is just trolling you Mike. If he wants to see the deer killed he can set up a visit to see the property or join.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/14/19 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards

He is just trolling you Mike. If he wants to see the deer killed he can set up a visit to see the property or join.

I was not sure if that's what he was implying or had another alternative. If he's looking for more information, he can do exactly as you suggested if interested.

I do apologize to anyone interested in this opportunity in advance that would like more information posted here or text/emailed. You will not see pictures posted on this website or any other for that matter. I will gladly share information with anyone that expresses enough interest to come meet with me and view the property. I'm sorry to be that way, but I have dealt with enough tire kickers over the years that simply waste my time. We are not hiding anything and I can assure you we have information to share as well as pictures. We are a new club and this is our first year, we do not have a lot of history established. However, we are headed in the right direction and much further along than I anticipated we would be.

I will share we have killed 8 bucks ranging in age from 4 to 7 years of age and 2 doe so far this season. We did have a youth hunter kill a buck that was most likely 3 and what we consider a management buck. He was happy and we were happy for him! Everyone of the bucks have been killed off food plots. The reason for the low number of doe harvest, is because we as a group decided to evaluate the deer population this first year rather than shoot our baby makers. Each member does have the opportunity to kill (2) doe each for meat but some have chosen not to do so.

If you can afford this opportunity and looking for a club that is focused on low pressure "quality over quantity", 300 acers per member ratio and a group focused on managing for mature deer "QDM", we will not disappoint! If you are this person we would like to meet you, show you our place and share more information in detail. We are not going to be the right fit for everyone that is looking for a new club and we understand that, so good luck with finding what works for you.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/15/19 02:54 AM

Sounds like yall are deffinatly trying to do things right IMO. Most of the clubs that say they are trying to manage for mature deer also have the kill every doe you can see attitude. Like it is impossible to have both quality and quantity on the same piece of property.
Posted By: hallb

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/15/19 03:11 AM

BS now text me some pictures Mike! grin

I'm actually about to close on a sliver of property in Pike County with a buddy, you will have to come by and check it out, got a nice place to sleep, fish and maybe I'll let you kill a turkey if you are getting real hard up to get your limit! If you wasn't on the other side of the state, I'd be joining in so I could have some "supplemental" hunting.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/15/19 09:58 PM

Heck Halb, if you live in Milton you're only 110 miles from Mike & Danny's club. 87 to 41 out of Brewton, 41 onto 84 and 84 over to 43. Easy drive.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/16/19 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by abolt300
Heck Halb, if you live in Milton you're only 110 miles from Mike & Danny's club. 87 to 41 out of Brewton, 41 onto 84 and 84 over to 43. Easy drive.

Yeah, I contemplated it this past season, but I haven't actually been hunting much the last couple of years, kinda been holding out knowing that I was going to be purchasing something soon. But I was talking more about a club I could go hunt out of my own camp in Pike County where I will be spending most of my time in future hunting seasons, just another place to get a hunt in every now and then from my own base camp.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/16/19 01:46 AM

Hey I thought you said I could turkey hunt your new place????

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/16/19 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Hey I thought you said I could turkey hunt your new place????

That was before you became a Clemson fan grin

Come on down, pick Squeaky up on the way. This is actually a completely different property - target property changed when my buddy finally got serious about going in on it. It's got a good fishing lake even if the turkeys don't cooperate.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/16/19 09:33 PM

10 bucks and 2 does now.

The bucks are moving real good and does just beginning to cycle.
Yesterday was about as good of a day in the woods as I have had in a long time!

And, if another member had not missed.....it would have been 11 bucks! smile

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/16/19 10:07 PM

10 bucks??? How many are you guys going to allow to be harvested? I mean dang, y'all only control about 555,575 acres. You're going to shoot it out the first year you have it! rofl Congrats and really glad all is working out as planned. Mine seem to be a little behind yours but are starting to get cranked up. If they dont get with the program, I might have to slip over and do a little piddlin' over on your side of the river rolleyes

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/16/19 11:20 PM

Honestly, this is a little early for ours.
I have lived right here my whole life....and normally do not see any breeding activity until MLK Day. That has been the norm for years. But, I saw my 1st buck locked down on a doe Sunday 1/13.

The fact that we seem to have more bucks than does has made for some real interesting hunting the past few days!!

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/17/19 02:28 AM

I got a feeling MLK day will be a killing day looking at forecast

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/17/19 03:59 AM

I have lived right here my whole life....and normally do not see any breeding activity until MLK Day. That has been the norm for years. But, I saw my 1st buck locked down on a doe Sunday 1/13.

The fact that we seem to have more bucks than does has made for some real interesting hunting the past few days!!

I concur and I hunt down the road from you.

The next two weeks should be good.
Posted By: MallardMan84

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/17/19 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by burbank

I concur and I hunt down the road from you.

The next two weeks should be good.

I concur both statements, I almost exclusively hunt the 1st 2 weeks of bow season and last 2-3 weeks of gun season. My hunt/harvest ratio is pretty damn good compared to most. Hogwild and company will be hearing a few shots to the north Sun-Mon hopefully.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/17/19 07:11 PM

Any of those bucks over 150?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/17/19 08:44 PM

Now that is a trick question and the answer is that it completely depends on who's doing the scoring. If some on here killed them, they'd be claimed as 150's and 160's. If Matt Brock is doing the scoring then no, they are all great bucks but none of them will hit the 150 mark, at least not the one's I've seen pictures of.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/17/19 08:57 PM

Now that is a trick question and the answer is that it completely depends on who's doing the scoring. If some on here killed them, they'd be claimed as 150's and 160's. If Matt Brock is doing the scoring then no, they are all great bucks but none of them will hit the 150 mark, at least not the one's I've seen pictures of.

They must just be showing you the pics of the culls! laugh

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/17/19 09:08 PM

They must just be showing you the pics of the culls! laugh

Agreed

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/17/19 09:52 PM

I don’t understand why they won’t post the pictures of the deer harvested. What is the reason?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/17/19 10:00 PM

Some things do not have to be understood.....just accepted.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/17/19 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Emile
I don’t understand why they won’t post the pictures of the deer harvested. What is the reason?

To avoid losing their lease

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/17/19 10:18 PM

Some things do not have to be understood.....just accepted.

rofl And I definitely understand your reasoning!

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/17/19 10:25 PM

It don’t bother me one bit if they post pictures or not. I hunt some what close by them and now the quality deer in the area and I figured they new some one with scotch to be able to lease that ground after they just took it out of the management program just a few years ago.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/18/19 12:25 AM

You mean avoid loosing their lease??? Speak their language

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/18/19 12:26 AM

You mean avoid loosing their lease??? Speak their language

grin
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/19/19 12:53 AM

Sounds like yall are having excellent results already Mike and Danny. Glad it is going so well, so quickly!

Good luck with the new addition of more land. thumbup

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/19/19 01:09 AM

Coon Asses running their lease price up. It’s an epidemic in Wilcox and Clarke County.
Posted By: walt4dun

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/19/19 04:14 AM

Would not talking up a club’s elite status on the web have the same effect?
This thread has over 15k views.
Posted By: Bamarich2

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/19/19 02:42 PM

If you’re that curious why don’t you message one of the guys in the club who have posted in the thread? There’s no rule on Aldeer that says a club that advertises has to post pictures.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/19/19 03:11 PM

We do not mean to insult or slight anyone with the lack of kill pics!
I hope that we have answered all PM’s and given enough info to those with serious inquiries about the possibility of becoming part of our group that they can make a solid decision on whether to pursue this or not. We have an awesome group of guys sharing this with us and I am glad to have gotten to know and become friends with them. That said, we are genuinely doing our very best to make sure that the additional people we pick up on this new property are the same and their mindset aligns with that of what we are doing and hope to accomplish. It is not the Club for everybody.....no doubt about it. But, for those guys who like to have the opportunity to hunt in this type Club, we are trying very hard to make it the best that it can be.

As far as score goes......it is irrelevant.
I passed a 3yr old this past week that ‘outscored’ the old warrior that I took later that afternoon.
And, I am very glad that I did. smile

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/19/19 07:08 PM

Like I said earlier it don’t bother me one but if anyone post pics. I was just wondering why not.
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/19/19 07:46 PM

Nice seeing pictures of some old deer even if they all aren't all 150" deer. If it cost $3,500 per person I don't think they got to worry about too many stealing that lease at least. Some people don't even get to see a 100" eight point, so at least they get to see something to make the day interesting with pictures people post.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/24/19 01:56 AM

I read below and am now aware of your privacy policy.I am in a couple great clubs, both have nice deer- no ulterior motive. Just like to see what comes from other parts of the state.
But like they say, pics or it didn't happen

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/24/19 11:08 PM

Man we all wish Mike would still post up pics and stories of his deer.

He has shot some absolute monsters and posted their pictures every year, as well as the whole story of the hunt. They were always an enjoyable pictorial about his hunts. I miss reading a couple every year like he used to post.

He stopped doing it and I totally understand, as do most of us here. Even better, he stated his reasons. But ONE THING I can assure you. If Mike says something about big bucks, gobblers and hunting land Id have to believe every word of it.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/25/19 01:24 AM

Many many years ago I was in a lease and we had put a lot of work and $ into building food plots and shooting houses only to have a group of rich Florida bankers come in and lease it out from under us for a lot more $. Our last work day was going in and chain sawing the legs off the shooting houses and pulling them down with our trucks haha. Screw those guys.
Posted By: Halfrack

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/28/19 03:29 PM

I know Mike,seen his stand locations and tracked deer with him. I'd join the place,sight unseen.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/29/19 12:59 AM

Squeaky smoked a Stud there this morning! smile

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/29/19 01:03 AM

Congrats to Mike !

I know you shot an old warrior too there that you mentioned. Sounds like a great place ALREADY with yall shooting a bunch of good ones in your first year.

Shows the genetics is there. Im sure with yalls management it will just be getting better every year! thumbup
Posted By: BassCat

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/29/19 03:44 AM

I saw Squeakys deer. Y’all don’t want to see pics of it, it will just make you sick that you can’t afford to spend $4000 to kill a buck in Alabama.

Congratulations Mike!

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/29/19 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by BassCat
I saw Squeakys deer. Y’all don’t want to see pics of it, it will just make you sick that you can’t afford to spend $4000 to kill a buck in Alabama.

Congratulations Mike!

Nope, I’m mad it’s a 4.5 hour drive and I don’t own a helicopter. Congrats Mike!

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/29/19 11:44 PM

Congratulations Mike!

What did it score?
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/30/19 01:46 AM

Congratulations Mike!

Nope, I’m mad it’s a 4.5 hour drive and I don’t own a helicopter. Congrats Mike!

Yep, wanted to get in on the ground level, until I googled it and saw it was a 3 hr drive. Still very tempting, mike and Danny have a great thing they are putting together. Congrats on the deer squeaky. I’m sure the rewards will become even better as yalls efforts come to fruition of the next few years.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/30/19 07:48 PM

Thank you all for the kind words. I have had an amazing season on our new property. It has far exceeded my expectations this first year!! Danny was gracious enough to share enough information with me that I was simply in the right place at the right time on two occasions this year. The latest deer is my best Bama buck to date and I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity at such a deer! This season has truly been a roller-coaster with starting this place up from scratch. It's taken a lot of work and money by everyone involved to be where we are today. I look forward to what our future holds!
Posted By: rich

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/30/19 08:28 PM

danny has to be a hell of a good fella to share one of his honey holes.
Posted By: Wade

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/31/19 04:26 AM

Congrats Mike. That was a stud any where in the country. Good job.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/31/19 01:52 PM

Hey Danny are y’all having issues with hogs in yalls new property ?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 01/31/19 09:55 PM

We did to begin with.
But, we fenced the protein feeders with hog panels and theyball left to raid other folks feeders! smile
Posted By: k bush

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/01/19 02:22 AM

👍
Posted By: Thefofive

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/15/19 03:50 AM

This club is too far for me (5 hrs) but I'd sure love to join. These type clubs can work but you need the right kind of people. It seems that these guys practice deer mgmt practices that are supported by biologists and not guys listening to what they hear at coffee tables. Protect bucks that are younger than 4 yrs old and members need to wash their greediness away.

Hunting clubs like this can exist with the right rules and the right people. If you're a greedy hunter, you need not apply.

Wish I were closer but we have some pretty big bucks in N. AL but few clubs with this type structure and leadership.

Great luck!!
Posted By: Thefofive

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/15/19 04:02 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention the BEST thing I love about this club... GUESTS are the enemy of hunting clubs. What's it matter if you're in a low member to high acreage ratio if your guests allowance is liberal?!?!? I had a guests try to tell me one time where he was going go hunt. My reply: "Buddy, you haven't paid a dime in dues nor a minute of work here! You'll pick your hunting location after all the paying members have chosen their areas!" Just kinda pissed me off that this guest acted like he had a right to chose where he was going to go before paying members.

Guests, to me, equals immature bucks killed and no investment into the club and additional hunting pressure.. I prefer a VERY limited guests policy and it seems like this club understands the cons of guests hunters.
'
'

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/15/19 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Thefofive
Oh, I forgot to mention the BEST thing I love about this club... GUESTS are the enemy of hunting clubs. What's it matter if you're in a low member to high acreage ratio if your guests allowance is liberal?!?!? I had a guests try to tell me one time where he was going go hunt. My reply: "Buddy, you haven't paid a dime in dues nor a minute of work here! You'll pick your hunting location after all the paying members have chosen their areas!" Just kinda pissed me off that this guest acted like he had a right to chose where he was going to go before paying members.

Guests, to me, equals immature bucks killed and no investment into the club and additional hunting pressure.. I prefer a VERY limited guests policy and it seems like this club understands the cons of guests hunters.
'
'

Seen this before too. Even seen members ask other members to move their pins so they can hunt that area. Turkey hunting even worse. Had a buddy (new member) in a club who had signed out for an area, drove down and was sitting in the truck drinking coffee when headlights pulled up. Buddy got out and figured they were going to hunt on the other end of the property and were just being cordial. Nope. The member (older member and club pres buddy) wanted to hunt where my buddy was. Said he'd found these birds last week and wanted to hunt them. My buddy, trying to be nice, said they were welcome to hunt with him and he wouldn't even take a gun and just call. Nope, not an option. Member said he wanted to do it all by himself. That's when my buddy finally said well, I signed out here today and there's plenty of land and I'm hunting here and you need to find another spot today. The older member got all huffy and said we'll see about that. Daylight comes and bird starts gobbling. The older member sets up about a 100 yards away from my friend and yelps non-stop at the birds on the roost. According to my friend, he yelped for a solid hour. Not surprisingly, the birds didn't show and this jackass just ruins it for both of them. After birds are gone to the next county, my buddy walks over to where this member is sitting and confronts him about it. Tthe older member just shrugged and said, "I told you I was gonna hunt these birds and I meant it." Think club pres said or did anything. Nope. Not even when that same older member would leave his pin on the board for days at a time in an area he wasn't hunting just to keep folks out of there. In the majority of the clubs, if you're the buddy of the pres, you can do about any dang thing you want and rules and common courtesy be damned.

Dr. B

***I guess I thought I was the other "club president" thread. My bad!***
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/15/19 05:36 PM

Sometimes you just gotta cut a man’s tires Doc.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/15/19 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by BrentM
Sometimes you just gotta cut a man’s tires Doc.

I was just thinking the same thing Brent. Was going to write "I hope that old member is in pretty good shape cause he'd be changing all 4 tires on his truck if he wanted it to come with him out of the woods." I wouldnt cut them but I would drive roofing nails into all 4 of his tires so that there was at least some plausible deniability on my part. Either way he'd get the message loud and clear.
Posted By: Doeslayer44

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/15/19 11:42 PM

I join a club one year and the president and vp plus each one son tagged out areas March 14th and had the areas tagged out till April 30th so 4 of the 12 areas were tagged out all season I would go up there and they wouldn’t be any traffic sign on the roads and and one time it hadn’t rained in 2 weeks. Needless to say that was my last time in that club

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/16/19 12:10 AM

Well, i am the fairest azzhole you will ever meet.

And, my old buddy Squeaky.....he is a real close 2nd!! smile

Seriously, the Rules on our Club apply to EVERYBODY!
And, although we will not lose a friend over a mistake, they are pointed out immediately in an effort to prevent them from happening again. It sure does make it easier seeing that we have an AWESOME group of guys who are all committed to making this place SUPER special!!!
Posted By: Stopher

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/17/19 01:44 AM

Any openings

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/13/19 01:35 PM

We have one opening due to a member recently passing away and maybe a few more if planned showings to interested folks do not pan out. If anyone is seriously interested let me know. I will respectfully ask, if you are a person just fishing for information please do not waste my time. I will gladly share information with anyone that fits what we are looking for in a member. We will start to process by having you review our application and rules. If are still interested after reviewing that information we would like you to complete the application and email it back to me for us to review. If we think you are a good fit for what we are trying to put in place you will be invited to tour the property. We will arrange a time that fits both of our schedules. After the tour you will have the option to join or decline the opportunity. A deposit will be required at the time of showing if you decided to join.

We are picking up another 1600 acers that joins the 4322 we had last year. This new land addition has not been legally hunted in 3 years and it shows a lot of promise. There are bucks that have been born on this tract that will be 4 years old when season opens that have never been hunted. We will have a total 6031 continuous acers and 20 members max, that is 301 acres per member. Cost for first year member is $4250 and a farm house set up as a bunk house is included in dues. If you require a private room we can not offer that currently, but will progress towards offering a better camp situation with more privacy in the future hopefully.

The biggest buck killed last year was 144 5/8" 11pt and we had some really good deer survive that we either passed or did not see. We killed 10 bucks last season with 14 members and several more missed. We killed 4 does off the property as well. We did not shoot our property up our first year. We took a very conservative approach out the gate and will continue to do so until our deer population is where we would like it. The future looks very bright on this tract of land it will only get better each year. Our buck to doe ratio is very strong and this property will offer the opportunity to take some special deer for the state of Alabama. I personally killed my best Alabama deer to date off it so I'm not blowing smoke here to get someone's money. It is a legit possibility or I can assure you, I would not be wasting my time hunting here.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/13/19 02:04 PM

Is Mike Scott's property one of your neighbors, Squeaky? I've seen several pics of deer killed off his property.

I saw a pic of the one you killed yesterday evening, and it's a beast for that part of Alabama.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/13/19 02:13 PM

Mike Scott does boarder me on my SW corner. We have another lease holder in between us that is a great guy. They also killed some really nice deer this past season. I personally have a good relationship with the 3 adjoining lease holders and we communicate often. All three presidents are managing in a similar fashion to showcase this properties potential.

I know it's hard to fathom this part of the state producing better than average deer and there will always be skeptics. All I can say, I was convinced into becoming a believer and it paid off for me. I honestly think it was not a fluke based off what I've seen come out of the area and now my own personal experience.
Posted By: EarlPitts

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/13/19 09:37 PM

For $4250 do we get to turkey hunt too.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/13/19 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by EarlPitts
For $4250 do we get to turkey hunt too.

Membership cost covers all legal game.
Posted By: hogfish78

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/14/19 01:55 PM

Did you fill all available spots yet?
Posted By: Bud Meadows

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/15/19 09:32 PM

Is this property near Coffeeville?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/15/19 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bud Meadows
Is this property near Coffeeville?

Yes sir.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/16/19 03:10 AM

Ole Ben Lee use to kill some nice deer and a lot of turkeys around coffeville

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/16/19 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Turkey_neck

There want be any turkeys left after this season, I plan to kill all of them smile popcorn
Posted By: JayHook2

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/16/19 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Turkey_neck

There want be any turkeys left after this season, I plan to kill all of them smile popcorn

Hahaha...There's only about 10-11 gobblers in that part of the county! Better get Danny to help out! That was some of the finest public turkey hunting there was back in the day before a saw ever touched it! can only be better now!

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/16/19 06:25 PM

Turkeys??
What turkeys???

I know nothing of such creatures!

smile

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/17/19 10:32 AM

I second that Danny. Never seen a turkey around there! They’re a myth anyway - like Sasquatch or the Alabama Panther.

We’re gonna have to cheer ol Squeaky up somehow after the season is over. Butterball gift certificate or sum’n 😜

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/21/19 01:19 PM

We still need a few more of the right folks to come on board. If interested get up with myself or Hogwild.

$4250 for first year then $4000 afterwards. Bunk style camp included in dues. We can not offer private rooms but camp did not get crowd this past season so plenty of room. Several members do not currently use the camp.

6031 acres with 20 members. 301 acres per member ratio.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/21/19 04:30 PM

What do some of the bigger bucks score?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/21/19 05:46 PM

What do some of the bigger bucks score?

Biggest from this past season scored 144 5/8"
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/22/19 04:03 PM

I would be very interested if I lived in L.A., but I'm going to be relocating to Huntsville soon and Clarke county will be a looong way to drive for the weekend.

Good luck with filling the membership.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/22/19 05:30 PM

PM sent squeaky

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/08/19 05:40 PM

We are still in need of a few more folks.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 06/17/19 05:10 PM

One last bump in case there is anyone out there looking for high quality club. We still have a few openings at this time.

Danny AKA "Hogwild" has invested in a camp area with 15 secluded acers and a nice double wide trailer. The club will be changing camp locations real soon. This is a nice place and affords us a lot more options.

If anyone is looking PM myself or Hogwild.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 06/19/19 09:54 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It ain’t the Taj Mahal....... but, it is a really nice 28x80 dbl wide with a large, covered deck that has been well taken care of in a really nice, secluded spot offering privacy and security.
I think it really rounds out our Club well.
Posted By: James

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 06/20/19 01:51 AM

Shoot that looks nice
Posted By: mike35549

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 06/20/19 02:07 AM

That right there will work. I have stayed in worse quarters in a lot worse places.
Posted By: Doeslayer44

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 06/20/19 02:04 PM

Very nice pickup hogwild
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 07/03/19 05:23 AM

Looking forward to this deer season more than I ever have in Bama!

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 07/04/19 05:10 PM

Nice job on the camp house and land. thumbup

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 08/11/19 07:24 PM

One Spot opening up. I will be relocating for work and am interested in selling my spot in the club. I was a member last year and can tell you this club is coming a long way and I have no doubt a couple of monsters will hit the over the next few years. Danny and Squeaky have a great thing going on. PM me for more information

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 08/20/19 11:39 PM

Bump .... went down this weekend working and the New Camp House is a phenomenal addition. The pictures Danny posted don't do it justice at all
Posted By: Bama_Sleeper

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/11/20 12:30 PM

Any wall hangers harvested this year? Got a friend from South MS that may be interested. He has family in that area.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/11/20 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bama_Sleeper
Any wall hangers harvested this year? Got a friend from South MS that may be interested. He has family in that area.

I’m positive there were, but I guarantee you won’t see any pictures of them on the interwebz..
Posted By: JayHook2

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/11/20 01:51 PM

If you do...there will quickly be a membership opening up!!!!
Posted By: LIOJeff

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/12/20 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by JayHook2

Why is that?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/12/20 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by LIOJeff
Originally Posted by JayHook2

Why is that?

Squeaky and them do not post pics . It is in his post here as well. It is their policy.

Which is a shame as Mike used to kill some great bucks and post pics and stories about them that were enjoyable to read on here.
Posted By: LIOJeff

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/12/20 05:30 PM

That’s why I asked. Mike always had big buck and stories posted and I enjoyed reading them.
Posted By: JHL

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/12/20 08:22 PM

Don't know Mike at alll, but I don't blame him for not making it public. Especially in the part of the state that it's in.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/12/20 09:47 PM

Posting pics of deer on land you don't OWN is a sure fire way to encourage poaching and or people jacking up your lease price.

People are shitty when it comes to hunting.

Guy in my club took a buddy of his on a hunt in Kansas (maybe Oklahoma, can't remember). It was on a farm the landowner let them hunt for free or very cheap.

After they left, the buddy called the farmer back and tried to snake the place out from under him.

Squeaky has the right ideas. You don't build what they have letting every Tom, Dick and Harry know everything that's going on.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/13/20 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Robert D.
Posting pics of deer on land you don't OWN is a sure fire way to encourage poaching and or people jacking up your lease price.

Guy in my club took a buddy of his on a hunt in Kansas (maybe Oklahoma, can't remember). It was on a farm the landowner let them hunt for free or very cheap.

After they left, the buddy called the farmer back and tried to snake the place out from under him.

Squeaky has the right ideas. You don't build what they have letting every Tom, Dick and Harry know everything that's going on.

Man that takes a real snake in the grass to do something like that. Needs an ass kicking.
Posted By: teamduckdown

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/13/20 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Robert D.

Yea that's a lie. I'm the buddy.
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/13/20 12:57 AM

popcorn
Posted By: dtmwtp

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/13/20 01:36 AM

Ruh Roh......

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/13/20 03:50 AM

Awesome potential here

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/13/20 04:03 AM

Dis gonna be good!!
Posted By: teamduckdown

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/13/20 05:10 AM

Dis gonna be good!!

Nah, it's not because im not here to spread details. Just letting him know that story is BS.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/13/20 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by teamduckdown
Dis gonna be good!!

Nah, it's not because im not here to spread details. Just letting him know that story is BS.

What's the real story? Farmer liked you better or something and called to see if you wanted the lease.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/13/20 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2
Dis gonna be good!!

What's the real story? Farmer liked you better or something and called to see if you wanted the lease.

There’s definitely a story here. I can’t see someone just spreading a rumor like that about someone that supposed to be a buddy. Somebody in this deal has issues.
We had someone that tried that with us in Missouri. Had a couple friends of one our our guys come up and hunt a piece of property that we didn’t hunt anymore because we had found better land and the landowner asked us to find someone to hunt it. After the 2 guys saw what we killed on this place they went behind us and offered the lady a bunch of money for it. She shot them down because she really liked us wasn’t going to do that to us. Needless to say they never came back. As said above some people get shitty over good deer ground.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/14/20 01:09 AM

Yes. Always shocks me a grown man gets so greedy over a damn deer.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/14/20 02:09 AM

Yes. Always shocks me a grown man gets so greedy over a damn deer.

...or even worse, a damn turkey.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/14/20 03:20 AM

Agreed

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/14/20 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ben2
Dis gonna be good!!

As a friend of the other party it had nothing to do with deer pretty sure it was turkeys but don’t remember the story just there was a disagreement about how something went down I believe.
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/14/20 02:20 PM

Dis gonna be good!!

He never mentioned a name, so why even bring it up?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/14/20 08:10 PM

Cause he knows he’s guilty I’m sure
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/14/20 11:27 PM

Seems like this ain’t the first time he’s got crossed up with somebody over land. I may be thinking of somebody else though

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/15/20 12:17 AM

I drove up to Clarke county just to pee on all of Squeaky's locks b/c I'm mad at him for not posting deer pictures anymore

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/15/20 11:25 AM

Y'all need to stop posting about Squeakys place. Every time this thread comes up I start thinking more and more about it. Then I remember that I don't have any more time to spend away from home.
Posted By: olemossy

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/16/20 05:20 PM

This^^^^

I think more and more about it every time i see the thread. All i need is some of these crumb snatchers to move on out. LOL

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/17/20 10:45 AM

This “crumb snatcher” ain’t moving out. When I joined the club I told Squeaky I knew I’d have to give it at least 3 years to decide if the club was really what I was looking for. I was wrong.... turns out I only needed two!!!!

Hats off to Squeaky and Hogwild. I really enjoyed the 19/20 season and those guys (as well as some other hard working members) have worked their butts off to make the club what it is now!
Posted By: olemossy

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/17/20 01:41 PM

I was referring to the crumb snatchers currently living under my roof. So i could afford something like that.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/17/20 01:57 PM

10-4 👍

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/18/20 06:20 AM

Guys first off thank you!! It really means a lot to Danny and I that our club is being considered even though we no longer share as much information publicly. I truly enjoyed sharing pictures and stories with you guys over the years! Unfortunately the switch flipped after several years of sound advice from some well respected big buck killers on this site. I finally realized as Robert said above, if you don’t own it, you best keep the information tight lipped. If you guys truly knew how much time, blood, sweat and money we have put into our property over a two year period you would understand. We simply do not want to be put in a situation where our lease is in jeopardy due to various reason. We still have a lot to do, but we are a lot better than we were year one. For us to be where we are and accomplished as much as we have, is pretty special. I can assure anyone considering our club, you will not meet two folks that are more dedicated and committed to making Mitcham Beat HC a premier hunting club in the state of Alabama. The club has a lot of work left to do and has to be ran as a business up front and foremost, but at the end day we strive to be a tight nit group that works together to be successful. We have a ways to go and the right people to bring on board! We are learning and making small changes as we go to stay on track with our vision and philosophy our club is founded on. We are starting to see our members eyes open and realize these two rednecks in charge have little experience on what it takes to grow and consistently kill big deer in our state. We have the genetics and the property is under the right management from all aspects, which includes prescribed burns annually. We just need the right team in place to show case it’s potential for many years to come thumbup

I did not have any personal big buck kills in Alabama this year. It’s not that I wasn’t given a great opportunity to kill another Bama stud, but failed to do my part to the best of my ability. I made a very bad decision and took a shot a very difficult angel. In hindsight I wish I had made better decisions, but like in most cases buck fever prevailed. I let the missed opportunity spin me out pretty bad and just lost the motivation to hunt hard like I normally do. I had a truly blessed season and enjoyed every moment regardless of how this opportunity shook out. The Midwest was very good to me and I was blessed more than I deserved.

The positive is our members had a great season under very challenging weather patterns and some nice deer were taken. The future is bright on Mitcham Beat as we had some really special young deer make it that will hopefully see another birthday this fall. We have been and will continue to feed heavy right now. We are blazing through two tons a month of high quality Buck Chum deer feed. Fat content, protein and TDN of this feed is hard to beat. We are seeing outstanding usage! Our hope is for our deer to recover from rut stress quickly and that pays dividends this fall.

We have one of the best going clubs in the Clarke County area that may have a few openings. Over 20,000 acres managed under a QDMA cooperative. We control and manage 6,031 acres of the 20k. We aren’t cheap, however we have a high land to hunter ratio at 325:1 and big deer. If you like what you have read and are serious shoot me a PM. I’ll ask very respectfully, please do not go on a fishing mission. I’ll gladly share some information if your interest is genuine. If you have read through this thread we are guarded with what information we share for many reasons. It’s not that we are hiding information, but rather protective of it

I expect to have a few openings due to reducing head count, going all inclusive on work days, supplemental feeding and with these additions it has created a cost increase in dues. We also have a couple members that are dealing with serious medical issues, so that may create opportunity. I have several folks interested in the select openings, but we are looking for the right member or members, not a person with money in hand. Our vision/philosophy and management practices take the right mindset, sound management back ground and good trigger restraint. If you possess those skills, or willing to learn, follow our vision/philosophy with everything you do on our property, have an open mind and would like to hunt a high quality managed property from all aspects we are worth a look. We have or should have produced 140+ Inch deer our past two seasons. It’s only going to get better as we put the pieces in place. It’s an exciting time to be part of Mitcham Beat HC, do not let this opportunity pass you by. One day in our near future we will not be publicly offering openings and the waiting list will be lengthy.

Our club goes with the old saying “you get what you pay for” and lets have fun foremost while laying down some great Alabama deer.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/18/20 11:32 AM

I am interested in joining only as long as I can bring my son, sons friend, nephew who ain't never killed nuffin but a button head, cousin Joey (he's a big buck magnet, just being honest) and Uncle Bill to come hunt with me with no extra charge. Oh and my wife, too. Patiently awaiting a PM...

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/18/20 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by dirkdaddy
I am interested in joining only as long as I can bring my son, sons friend, nephew who ain't never killed nuffin but a button head, cousin Joey (he's a big buck magnet, just being honest) and Uncle Bill to come hunt with me with no extra charge. Oh and my wife, too. Patiently awaiting a PM...

Your wife and son would be allowed to hunt with you under your membership. Those other folks will be guest and welcome to hunt under the guest guidelines. No matter how many people you bring our rules allow for 3 bucks per membership unless you op for the incentive program we are offering this year. It allows every member to earn or pay for extra privileges which includes one additional buck and more guest days. We in courage family to be involved and as long as the rules and harvest guidelines are followed there will be no issues in our club.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/18/20 03:23 PM

Hell I think it would be a privilege just to go see the place and the accomplishments y’all have made so far. The hell with hunting, I just like to see great pieces of ground. Also I did check around down here for an alternative feed for y’all but have been unsuccessful other then rice bran. That’s not what y’all are looking for. I did find a really good feed but it’s not cheap here. Pm me and I will give details if y’all haven’t heard about it yet. 👍

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/18/20 03:26 PM

Nice post Mike. Sorry about the one that got away and glad you did well in the midwest!

Great job to you and Hogwild on the club! thumbup
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 02/18/20 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by dirkdaddy

Your wife and son would be allowed to hunt with you under your membership. Those other folks will be guest and welcome to hunt under the guest guidelines. No matter how many people you bring our rules allow for 3 bucks per membership unless you op for the incentive program we are offering this year. It allows every member to earn or pay for extra privileges which includes one additional buck and more guest days. We in courage family to be involved and as long as the rules and harvest guidelines are followed there will be no issues in our club.

I was messin with ya. Sounds like you've got a good policy though. Good luck finding some good folks

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 03/04/20 05:49 PM

Guys,
If you send Squeaky a PM via Aldeer, please include your phone number in the message so that he can get back with you. He is having issues with Aldeer while out on the Rig and is unable to respond via the PM function.
Or, if you would like, just attach me as well and we will be able to get back with you in a timely manner.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble!! 👍

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/23/20 08:10 PM

I am bumping our thread to the top for anyone considering a top end club that manages for mature deer, low pressure with a hunter to land ratio of 1:323. We have settled on a plan to have 17 members on 5500 acres at a cost of $4825. This COVID-19 crap has thrown a monkey wrench in a lot of folks plans for this coming hunting season.

There is a lot of information included in this thread but I'll be glad to answer any questions you have if you do not care to read through it.
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/24/20 12:27 AM

how many locals hunt the club?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/24/20 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dkhargroves
how many locals hunt the club?

There are two locals in the club. One is Danny (Hogwild) which is VP of the club. I think he hunted a total 7-10 times all season and killed his 3 mature bucks. I don't think he has made a turkey hunt yet this season.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/24/20 05:26 PM

Dk, you dont have to worry about Danny being in your way up there. He kills his three early (normally one in muzzle loader and the othe two by the second dady of gun season) and then just shows up to help clean and cape out bucks. He normally misses most all of the work days though. rofl

Seriously, I can vouch for both Danny and Squeaky. With what they have and what they are doing, they wouldnt have any locals in there over-pressuring the place like a lot of clubs do. It would be counter-productuve to all the time and effort they have put into it and also to their management pland and what they are trying to accomplish. It is being run right, you can be assured of that.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/24/20 06:06 PM

I know a couple of SW Louisiana coonasses that really wishes they could afford to joins these guys. It sounds like my dream place. Maybe when I grow up I can buy a membership.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/24/20 06:12 PM

In all seriousness, I have grown about as fond of taking care of em as I have killing em.
That said, I still manage to find time to go a few times a year and seem to get lucky every once in a while. smile

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/24/20 08:39 PM

Y’all taking applications for a kitchen b!tch? I’ve been known to cook a good meal or 2. beers

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/24/20 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by marshmud991
Y’all taking applications for a kitchen b!tch? I’ve been known to cook a good meal or 2. beers

Marsh we have one Cajun that plans to join but we can definitely interview you for camp cook grin thumbup

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 04/24/20 11:09 PM

I've said it before, but I sure am glad you're clean on the other side of the state from me. I'd drop the 5 leases I'm toting tomorrow to get in with you guys. It would definitely save me some money.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/01/20 04:10 AM

Sent you a pm hogwild.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/12/21 08:10 PM

Well I thought this was the year I would not have the need to advertise for the club. Unfortunately that was not the case, I guess the positive is I only have two spots available. If any of you fellas with deep pockets want to be part of one of the best ran clubs in the SW part of the state shoot me a PM.

I have two unforeseen openings I need to get filled. Max of 20 members on 6031 acres. Dues are $4825 with no mandatory work days, Bunk style camp, plots and feeding program included in dues.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/12/21 09:45 PM

Well I thought this was the year I would not have the need to advertise for the club. Unfortunately that was not the case, I guess the positive is I only have two spots available. If any of you fellas with deep pockets want to be part of one of the best ran clubs in the SW part of the state shoot me a PM.

I have two unforeseen openings I need to get filled. Max of 20 members on 6031 acres. Dues are $4825 with no mandatory work days, Bunk style camp, plots and feeding program included in dues.

I'm not exactly sure the best way of going about advertising it to them but most of the high dollar clubs I track for are all folks out of Florida

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/13/21 01:24 AM

I feel your pain. I had a solid group of members on my main lease for 6-7 years. One guy died and another one decided he didn't want to hunt snymore. Since then it has been a pain in the was to keep looking for a new guy every year or 2. I really wish you were closer to me. I'd let my other stuff go and be all in as just a regular old member. Probably save me money in the long run too. GLWS
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/13/21 01:35 AM

Here is your chance for good club guys
Posted By: slgunnel

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/13/21 03:38 AM

Wish I was closer... Would seriously consider this if it were closer.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/13/21 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by dBmV
I feel your pain. I had a solid group of members on my main lease for 6-7 years. One guy died and another one decided he didn't want to hunt snymore. Since then it has been a pain in the was to keep looking for a new guy every year or 2. I really wish you were closer to me. I'd let my other stuff go and be all in as just a regular old member. Probably save me money in the long run too. GLWS

I tell you as you probably already know, finding new members each year absolutely sucks! It is a major pain in my rear-end and the one thing I dislike about being the president of the club!! I have had a great group every year with the exception of a few here and there. I lost two great members this year due to family reasons and the other had to move to TN so he was over 6 hrs away. After 2 seasons of that drive he decided it was time to look for something closer to home. I'm surprised it took him 2 seasons to make that decision. We do offer a great club and he knew it would not be easily replaced. I am 2 hrs away myself and I do not like the drive but I can't replace what we have closer to home.

We killed 4 bucks over 130" this past season so our club will be hard to beat for what is available/provided at the current cost.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/13/21 02:33 PM

Spent a few days with Squeaky on his place this past spring. Fellas it’s a great place with a very nice bunkhouse and full of game. You’d be hard pressed to find anyone putting more back into the property than these guys! If you are looking for low membership and high quality hunting his is it.l! If I was closer and had the cash he’d have one less membership to worry about.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/13/21 05:08 PM

I tell you as you probably already know, finding new members each year absolutely sucks! It is a major pain in my rear-end and the one thing I dislike about being the president of the club!! I have had a great group every year with the exception of a few here and there. I lost two great members this year due to family reasons and the other had to move to TN so he was over 6 hrs away. After 2 seasons of that drive he decided it was time to look for something closer to home. I'm surprised it took him 2 seasons to make that decision. We do offer a great club and he knew it would not be easily replaced. I am 2 hrs away myself and I do not like the drive but I can't replace what we have closer to home.

We killed 4 bucks over 130" this past season so our club will be hard to beat for what is available/provided at the current cost.

I had 3 year run after a couple of my original guys had to drop out our lease due to health and family issues where I was dealing with the one and done guys. I finally talked a couple buddies into taking the spots and haven’t had to deal with finding the right members for a few years. Also don’t have to look for anyone again this year. Heck I got one guy that’s been a member for 2 years now and have never stepped foot on the place. He paid his membership again this year. He’s a contractor and stays real busy but he keeps his spot just in case he can one day make a trip.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/13/21 07:01 PM

Dang marsh, you need to hold on to that contractor guy. He's the perfect member.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/13/21 10:45 PM

Dang marsh, you need to hold on to that contractor guy. He's the perfect member.

Exactly. Need a couple more like him. rofl
Sorry, Squeaky. Didn’t mean to derail your thread. However this is Aldeer.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/13/21 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by marshmud991

Exactly. Need a couple more like him. rofl
Sorry, Squeaky. Didn’t mean to derail your thread. However this is Aldeer.

No worries Marsh. This thread did not get to 25 pages by potential members grin I look at it as it's a free bump back to the top.

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 05/14/21 03:00 AM

4 bucks over 130 and you got around 20 members - that strong

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 06/10/21 04:51 PM

All openings are filled at this time. A big thanks to those that spoke highly of our club and those that expressed in joining our club!

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 06/10/21 10:49 PM

All openings are filled at this time. A big thanks to those that spoke highly of our club and those that expressed in joining our club!

Well dang!! I was hoping to get the reduced membership if I signed up to be the kitchen b@&$h. Oh well there’s hope for next year. rofl
Glad y’all filled all the spots

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 06/10/21 11:41 PM

We may hook up one day Squeaky - glad you filled spots

Good luck on the season - I will be dying to go by time November rolls around

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 08/23/22 08:44 PM

I thought I would bump this thread back to the top. Danny and I are no longer in charge of running the club. However, we are both still involved and offer advice when asked or needed. With that said, we turned the club management over to one of our members that wanted the responsibility. Jonathan is in need of some members to fill out the club roster if you are someone that is still looking for a great club to be part of. Jonathan has plans to run the club with the vision and philosophy Danny and I founded the club on.

There was a reduction of 550 acres approximately, so the club has 5,481 acres roughly, all continuous. Jonathan has also established a new camp area with a pond. Looks very nice from what I have seen. Dues are in the $5,800 range with 18 total members. A membership covers the use of the camp, food plots and feed program. Jonathan also plans to continue with the optional camera share program that was a huge hit with the membership last year. Basically the camera share program consisted of X amount of cellular cameras on community feed/hunting location and those pictures from each camera were shared with the entire group. This is an extra expense (Optional) to a member, however the shear amount of real time information provided is worth every penny.

If someone has serious interest please reach out to me with your contact information and I will pass it along to Jonathan.
Posted By: Buckwheat

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 08/23/22 09:35 PM

Are there any swamps/Beaver Ponds on this tract?

Re: Low Member Trophy Club "Clarke County" - 08/23/22 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
Are there any swamps/Beaver Ponds on this tract?

No sir not a one.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM