Aldeer.com

Any hunters looking for club.

Posted By: Dzhen

Any hunters looking for club. - 12/06/17 04:06 PM

Found a track with 590 acres that I would like to put together. Would like to see six people join with me to make this happen. Fresh clear cuts. 95 acres of hard woods. Green fields. Young and ages pines. 1100 per person would get us on the lease. Any one interested feel free to call me anytime at 251-656-1902. Fulton/lower peachtree clarke county.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: Any hunters looking for club. - 12/06/17 08:06 PM

$13 or so an acre must be some really good land.
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Any hunters looking for club. - 12/06/17 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: mike35549
$13 or so an acre must be some really good land.

I hunted lower Peachtree years ago. There was more deer there than air to breathe. I saw the biggest deer of my life there. Would love to hunt that place again. I'm just too old now to make the drive.
Posted By: James

Re: Any hunters looking for club. - 12/07/17 12:13 PM

Damn if i'd hunt lower Peachtree.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Any hunters looking for club. - 12/07/17 01:23 PM

Must be a LONG, narrow tract if it goes from Fulton all the way to Lower Peachtree!!! smile
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Any hunters looking for club. - 12/07/17 02:18 PM

I've got fond memories of the 1 year I hunted in Fulton. We had 600 acres with 50+ people hunting it. 3 members held the lease, paid the dues and did all the planting and work on it, and the other 47 hunted it for free. The 3 paying members were from out of town (Mobile), hunted it on weekends only, and the other 47 guys lived in and around Fulton, liked to dog hunt, and hunted it Mon-Fri and a lot on the weekends too. The arrangement did not work out well. rofl

Hog, just thinking about what you said and doing the math in my head. If that property runs from Fulton to LP, it would have to be around 12 miles long and roughly 100 yards wide. Access would probably be a b--ch.
Posted By: James

Re: Any hunters looking for club. - 12/07/17 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Hogwild
Must be a LONG, narrow tract if it goes from Fulton all the way to Lower Peachtree!!! smile
That's true lol...
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: Any hunters looking for club. - 12/09/17 08:59 AM

Dhzen are you familiar with that area and the people who live around there? The story abolt300 was telling you may have been exaggerated but probably not by a whole lot.

Do NOT lease land up there without either a local presence, HARD access that you can control, or you can go up there any day of the week. An out of town, weekend only leassor will get abused up there (and many other rural places) by the locals like you can't imagine. A really remote lease with great neighbors can be very good but something easy to access nay be a disaster.

Good luck
© 2024 ALDEER.COM