Aldeer.com

Looking for a Lease or Club Membership

Posted By: Mtn_Hunter

Looking for a Lease or Club Membership - 11/13/17 10:33 PM

Just relocated here for work. I know it’s at a horrible time since it’s during hunting season and I’m a little late to the ball game. Looking for a lease or club as the title says within an hour and 30 minutes of Hoover/Pelham area in any direction. I travel throughout MS, AL, and GA for work so I’m pretty open to areas.

I’ve been hunting for 20ish years and only missed a few seasons due to deployments. Ive been fortunate to have hunted in a bunch of different states, for a variety of different species, including out west for Elk, Mule Deer, and Pronghorn several times. Western hunting is really my passion and i go every year or two. Deer hunting holds me over and keeps the freezer full in the years i don’t draw out west. Turkey hunting is quickly growing on me as I’m just really getting into it since i was rarely around for turkey season.

Club wise I’m looking for somewhere that has some management in place targeted at mature deer. I’d rather put a doe in the freezer over a young buck. I’ve got some background via college in wildlife management and ecology and would be more than happy to share that knowledge/experience. If y’all know of something please shoot me a PM. If anyone has a lease or property and is interested in trades let me know as well.
Posted By: bgdaddy5

Re: Looking for a Lease or Club Membership - 12/31/17 03:06 PM

Flatwood hunting club. Located on hwy 5 btw Catherine and Thomasville Al. 9,000 acres. 30-35 members. $2500 / year. Hogs turkey and deer. Good for family.

2 guests per member, 3 does, 3 pt on main beam and one buck

Re: Looking for a Lease or Club Membership - 12/31/17 03:07 PM

Openings now for rut
Posted By: Auburn_03

Re: Looking for a Lease or Club Membership - 12/31/17 07:54 PM

So each membership gets 3 does and 1 buck.
Posted By: teamduckdown

Re: Looking for a Lease or Club Membership - 12/31/17 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Auburn_03
So each membership gets 3 does and 1 buck.

Unless they have made a major change in the rules, there is no limit on bucks per membership. Bucks have to have 3 points on one side, not counting a brow tine.
Posted By: Mtn_Hunter

Re: Looking for a Lease or Club Membership - 01/02/18 09:38 PM

Thanks for the info, I'll reach out.

Duckdown - would you consider it a trophy club? I'm not particularly fond of clubs with point minimums. I prefer clubs that target mature deer. It's really not all that hard to age deer on the hoof and an 8 point rule to me means you'll have members harvesting your best 1.5, and 2.5 year old bucks that have 8 points already. Looking for something with a 3.5 or 4.5 yo minimum

Re: Looking for a Lease or Club Membership - 01/02/18 09:41 PM

This isnt the right club for you. Not a trophy club. Do not think you would be satisfied.
Posted By: CASPER81

Re: Looking for a Lease or Club Membership - 05/10/18 07:36 PM

I have a club in Lee county if interested
© 2024 ALDEER.COM