Aldeer.com

Crenshaw County

Posted By: Kizor

Crenshaw County - 11/03/17 06:01 PM

We have a small lease in South Crenshaw County. 250 acres of row crop fields, hardwoord/beaverpond/swamp, and planted pines.

We have 9 food plots total, along with a few stands in the hardwoods. We found the lease very late, and currently have 3 people, we would like 1 more. Everything is planted already.

Dues will be around $550.

PM me for more details.
Posted By: Alb

Re: Crenshaw County - 11/04/17 06:27 PM

Pm sent
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Crenshaw County - 11/04/17 06:58 PM

I saw a real nice buck just above Petrey on Wednesday night beside the road. There are some nice ones up there.
Posted By: Kizor

Re: Crenshaw County - 11/09/17 11:24 PM

Spot filled this evening. Thanks everyone who inquired.
Posted By: WildlifeBiologist

Re: Crenshaw County - 11/11/17 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: timbercruiser
I saw a real nice buck just above Petrey on Wednesday night beside the road. There are some nice ones up there.

Shhhhhhhh! We try to keep it off the grid.
Posted By: hunt319

Re: Crenshaw County - 11/28/17 03:54 PM

Yea, just nothing for them to eat besides pine cones
Posted By: hunt319

Re: Crenshaw County - 12/05/17 03:46 PM

Anybody have any info on big club near Petrey? Heard it was nice land but lots of member turnover????
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Crenshaw County - 12/05/17 04:54 PM

I don't know which one that might be, do you have any names or anything to go on. All clubs have turnover. We have one 1,450 acre tract just above Shady Grove in our club.

Re: Crenshaw County - 12/06/17 10:34 AM

There are several large QDM leases near Petrey. One NE of Petrey near Ainsley. Last I knew, Bob Wells was club prez. He's a banker in Troy. Nice guy.

Another club is about 2,000-ac on Bee Branch between Petrey and Luverne. I don't know their club prez but am told they are also on strict QDM program.

Our lease in Petrey is roughly 5,000 ac. This is our 20th year on strict high end QDM. Shooter buck must be 4.5 or older. Limited to 15 total members. We screen for members who live 2 hrs or more away. Very restrictive rules about guests, stand choice based on wind direction, closing areas of the lease each week to rest it, etc.

We turnover a few guys every year. Reasons range from job transfer, family problems, health issues, or different expectations. Most common reason is differing expectation. For example, a man of integrity joins who is tired of brown-it's-down clubs. Thinks he is ready to step up to an intensively managed lease. After a couple seasons of passing up underage bucks, he comes to the conclusion it's not for him. He doesn't break the rules, but realizes the right thing to do is leave on good terms and find a club where he can shoot younger bucks.

Then we occasionally get a member who turns out to be an armchair biologist. He is a good guy with good intentions. Not a troublemaker. Just wants to do his part and improve the lease. But he has unrealistic expectations for the kind of deer that Alabama can produce. He is convinced that Crenshaw County can produce bucks like Illinois or Iowa if we just have a few acres of soybeans and run a few protein feeders. After all, that's what Lee & Tiffany said.
Posted By: Mully

Re: Crenshaw County - 12/06/17 03:25 PM

Lots of good deer around Petrey. There are places there that 15 years ago you were lucky to see a few deer now you can see 15-20.

Re: Crenshaw County - 12/06/17 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Mully
Lots of good deer around Petrey. There are places there that 15 years ago you were lucky to see a few deer now you can see 15-20.

We have been fortunate to have good neighbors for the most part all these years. But there is always a "lowest hole in the bucket" I'd like to fill. The more land you have, the more neighbors you have. It just comes with the territory.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM