Aldeer.com

Racks and Spurs Madison County looking for info about this club

Posted By: Bar7Mag

Racks and Spurs Madison County looking for info about this club - 05/03/17 08:40 PM

If anybody is a member or was a member I would appreciate a pm.

Thanks,
Bar7mag
Posted By: bholmes

Re: Racks and Spurs Madison County looking for info about this club - 05/18/17 11:18 AM

I am also interested, PMs appreciated.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Racks and Spurs Madison County looking for info about this club - 05/18/17 02:25 PM

I work with some fellas that was in the club. If you don't get the info you need let me know.
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Racks and Spurs Madison County looking for info about this club - 05/18/17 03:33 PM

I have a couple of old friends in it. I had the opportunity to get in at one point and passed after hearing their stories, initially meeting with the leadership of the club at some kind of damn moose lodge that was more like a mafia meeting, them treating me like I was some kind of damn idiot who shouldn't dare question the mafia for wanting to see the place before I stroked a check. Instead they acted like I ought to shine their shoes in exchange for gracing me with such a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, etc. Drama, drama, and more drama. They have a big turnover for a reason. Not to mention, that place is remote as hell and I'm retired from riding a 4 wheeler or side by side to hunt a damned ol pine goat. Proceed with caution.

The story that was the final deciding factor for me was one of the club president cussing out one of the member's teenage sons in the campground area because he was stirring at too late of an hour. Pretty sure he was just going to take a leak. No way I was gonna expose myself and my sons to those idiots.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Racks and Spurs Madison County looking for info about this club - 05/18/17 04:24 PM

My dad was in the club and we got out after a couple years. Its like 70 members for 4,000 acres. But 60 of them hunt within 500 acres of camp. The rest is a looong fourwheeler ride away on bad roads. But like said before it is remote. Takes 45 min to get to gate from bottom of Chapman Mountain, wet roads and water to cross to get to camp 30 min. Then from camp you must have a fourwheeler to get to any hunting. It's all mountains except for 100 acres of bottom land which runs next to the road and gets hunted very hard. But after 30-45 min on a fourwheeler in the dark and an hour and half in truck to not see any deer it's a tough place to hunt. Lots of Turkeys, but again a lot of work to get them. The price goes up every year, and the green fields arent great. Dad killed one deer in his time there, doe off the main trail going in. and I killed 2 turkey with him. Good luck.
Posted By: wmd

Re: Racks and Spurs Madison County looking for info about this club - 05/18/17 11:45 PM

Lots of turkeys you say? How much was a membership?

Re: Racks and Spurs Madison County looking for info about this club - 05/19/17 07:12 AM

Thanks for the info. We are potentially losing our lease and desperation is setting in, but this one sounds like a pretty far reach.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Racks and Spurs Madison County looking for info about this club - 05/19/17 07:46 AM

Originally Posted By: wmd
Lots of turkeys you say? How much was a membership?
it was around 700 about 8 years ago, and they dont do just turkey lease.

Re: Racks and Spurs Madison County looking for info about this club - 05/19/17 08:50 AM

That's less than I expected. If there are a lot of turkeys....
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Racks and Spurs Madison County looking for info about this club - 05/20/17 05:08 PM

I have heard some similar stories about the moose lodge thing. From what I hear you are expect to attend them.
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: Racks and Spurs Madison County looking for info about this club - 06/05/17 12:01 PM

Preach it Jughead
© 2024 ALDEER.COM