Aldeer.com

pickens county

Posted By: flounderpounder

pickens county - 02/12/17 07:28 PM

Got and invite and I'm thinking about joining a club in Pickens county about 10 miles from Reform.. Is there good deer in this area? Id be the 13th member on 3200 acres. I have no idea about the quality of deer in this area as I have never hunted N of Sumter is this area still in the Black Belt?
Posted By: mike35549

Re: pickens county - 02/12/17 08:07 PM

That would not be considerd in the black belt.
Posted By: hayman

Re: pickens county - 02/12/17 08:15 PM

If south of Reform that should be part of the prime area.
Posted By: BigEd

Re: pickens county - 02/12/17 08:43 PM

North or south of hwy 82? I have hunted both and never had a problem seeing or killing deer. Seems to be a higher density south of hwy 82.
Posted By: Huntnwork

Re: pickens county - 02/12/17 08:57 PM

Which direction from Reform? Ive hunted that area from Palmetto to Aliceville my whole life and you can see deer on all of it but 20 miles makes a whole lotta difference on how many

Re: pickens county - 02/12/17 09:03 PM

its actually in a place called Carrollton
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: pickens county - 02/12/17 09:06 PM

If your wallet can float it, go for it!!
Posted By: Shaw

Re: pickens county - 02/12/17 09:25 PM

PM me the name of the club. I might can help you. Been hunting the Carrollton area for most of the past 20 years.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: pickens county - 02/12/17 09:54 PM

One time I was going to pay a ticket in Aliceville and my google maps put me in the middle of nowhere. I turned around at the gate of some hunting club that had "QDM club, no trespassing" on it. Must be some big deer over that way if they advertise right on the gates!
Posted By: Smann

Re: pickens county - 02/13/17 10:54 AM

Prime! Great area!
Posted By: lectrode

Re: pickens county - 02/13/17 07:05 PM

Better than average area.
Posted By: BigEd

Re: pickens county - 02/14/17 03:45 PM

Around Carrollton is some good hunting. Pickens county is my favorite county to hunt in AL.

And you can go see the face in the courthouse window in Carrollton. One of the 13 Alabama ghost.
Posted By: ATDH

Re: pickens county - 02/14/17 08:44 PM

I've hunted Pickens county for 25+ yrs from South of Aliceville to Lamar co line and just as good of deer as anywhere in the US there
Posted By: Thisldu

Re: pickens county - 02/15/17 09:29 AM

Very solid area
Posted By: roltide

Re: pickens county - 02/19/17 08:10 AM

I may can help ya out. I've hunted between 82 and Carrolton. Now hunt northeast of reform between reform and gordo. Depends on area and how well club is managed of course. Got a buddy that hunts just northwest of Carrolton and they have good deer density and genetics. What's name of club? PM me if ya want.

Re: pickens county - 02/19/17 10:44 AM

My experience with Pickens county which has been 10 years ago or so is that generally southern part of the county has a higher density of deer and the farther north you go the density gets less however the northern part of the county has/had plenty of deer just not as many as southern part.
Posted By: AC870

Re: pickens county - 02/19/17 01:45 PM

If anyone knows of any other openings in Pickens Co., I might be interested.

Re: pickens county - 02/19/17 07:22 PM

Thanks everyone. Im going to give it a shot! They never have to advertise and I had to "know someone" to get in so it must be a pretty good deal.
Posted By: roltide

Re: pickens county - 02/21/17 07:35 AM

Drop a little more info on ya. We have two guys in our club who were in clubs in Greene county and they said they didn't see near the deer than they do at our place. Also, know some guys with opposite experience so location is the key and management. As I said we hunt northeast of reform in Pickens. Also, my buddies place just northwest of Carrolton has good deer density but place I used to hunt four miles east of my buddy near Carrolton not so much.
Posted By: Bar270

Re: pickens county - 02/21/17 10:47 AM

Carralton is good for deer hunting
Posted By: Whild_Bill

Re: pickens county - 02/21/17 05:51 PM

Good numbers and good netics/jeans. At least you have a chance for a better than average alabama white tailed buck.
Posted By: StoneMan

Re: pickens county - 02/27/17 11:26 AM

Just joined a club myself in pickens co between reform and milport thumbup
Posted By: GDAWG

Re: pickens county - 02/27/17 03:24 PM

Any openings in this area???

Re: pickens county - 02/28/17 12:53 PM

Hardly ever.

Originally Posted By: GDAWG
Any openings in this area???

Re: pickens county - 02/28/17 12:56 PM

There are openings in clubs located in Pickens Co every year just Like all other counties. You just have to find them. The best way to find a decent club is to go to local processor or taxidermist and ask for contact info for decent clubs in that area.

Re: pickens county - 02/28/17 07:41 PM

In my experience the better clubs are the ones not many people have heard.

Re: pickens county - 02/28/17 09:22 PM

I will guarantee you the processor and the taxidermist have heard of them and knows a contact number for someone.

Re: pickens county - 03/01/17 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Huntnwork
In my experience the better clubs are the ones not many people have heard.

Re: pickens county - 03/01/17 08:47 PM

Trying to think back cause its been several years since ive killed a deer worthy of a shoulder mount, but i dont think my taxidermist or processor have ever asked what club i was a member of. Im not really a people person though.

I think the best way to find a good club is 1. Decide what area you wanna hunt. 2. Drive every dirt road in the area until you find an ol canper with a tarp for a porch with a 15000$ ranger parked under it or an ol metal building with a grill and two 55 gallon drums filled with beer cans. 3. Pull in and talk to them, if no one is there just leave number on the door. Thats the kind of clubs i like anyway. Oh and 4. No matter what you do dont mention turkeys. Most places dont like letting in more hardcore turkey hunters.
Posted By: GDAWG

Re: pickens county - 03/01/17 08:56 PM

Thanks just moved here and thought I would use this site to help in finding a great QDM club.. Miss my Georgia club but there is always a new adventure..
© 2024 ALDEER.COM