Aldeer.com

TN Property Value

Posted By: Thorm465

TN Property Value - 12/03/16 12:57 PM

Looking for a little advice on property value.

What's the market value on Wooded (hunting) land per acre right across the state line in the Harvest, Huntsville area.

Looking for the value on hardwood and not hardwood.

Thanks for any and all input!!!
Posted By: foldemup

Re: TN Property Value - 12/03/16 10:34 PM

Most of it up there is for sale for 3-4000/acre regardless of timber value. Now what people actually pay for it is a whole different story.
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: TN Property Value - 12/04/16 11:15 AM

I had a realtor contact me about listing a small tract I own outside of Lawrenceburg. I told them I would take 1500 per acre, which I thought was really high for this tract. I knew they would contact me once a offer had been submitted that would be less than my asking price. I have no idea what they were offered, but they did offer me 1,000 per acre for this wooded tract. I knew they had been offered more, but as an agent they wanted to make all they could. This tract is 45 wooded acres with two green fields.

I kept the place and lease it yearly. The boy that leased it this year has killed a Couple deer off of it and has asked twice about me pricining it to him. I am about ready to get my ducks in a row on properties and move them.

Old age catches us all and turns those dreams into memories.
Posted By: pcola4

Re: TN Property Value - 12/12/16 10:03 AM

Well said Teacher One. I have a friend in Fayateville TN just North of Huntsville. IF you can find it for 200 grand an acre better buy it.
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: TN Property Value - 12/12/16 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By: pcola4
Well said Teacher One. I have a friend in Fayateville TN just North of Huntsville. IF you can find it for 200 grand an acre better buy it.

Have to be some mighty good hunting to be worth "200 grand an acre".
Posted By: boker

Re: TN Property Value - 12/12/16 12:35 PM

I am looking for land in the Giles/Lincoln county area or the limestone/mason Alabama area.
Posted By: Randy74

Re: TN Property Value - 12/12/16 08:44 PM

I've been looking for the past year. Just keeping my eyes open for the right piece. I've looked at several and some have been as low as $1400 per acre and some around $3k an acre. There is plenty out there in that 2500-3000 range but you'll have to look hard to find it below $2k an acre. I've been looking in Giles and Maury mostly and looked at some in Marshall.
Posted By: bill

Re: TN Property Value - 12/12/16 09:24 PM

I remember seeing wooded rough terrain property in Wayne county for $800 to $1200 an acre about 17 years ago. I'm guessing those days are long gone.
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: TN Property Value - 12/12/16 10:47 PM

Y'all really need to lease the turkey rights to me on these to places. Helps pay taxes wink
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: TN Property Value - 12/18/16 06:56 PM

We could have bought our TN lease before the pines were planted for $450 an acre. That seemed like a chit ton of money in 1998.
Posted By: Rockhound

Re: TN Property Value - 12/20/16 07:03 AM

I bought 80 acres dad bought 38 in Lawrence County 3 years ago for $800/acre. It was clear cut but I had leased this spot my whole lifexperience couldn't turn it down at that price. My dad remembers Wayne County land selling for $75/acre
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: TN Property Value - 12/20/16 03:05 PM

State of TN gave me $4k per acre in Lincoln tillable. I was mad but didn't want to fight in court over it.

I'd say about $200k is the going rate. You are buying a Lot not acreage anywhere South of Hwy 64
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: TN Property Value - 12/21/16 08:19 PM

Alabama land values are improving, also. And it doesn't have to have those loblollies on them.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM