Aldeer.com

Abbie Creek club needs 2 more

Posted By: rothirsch

Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 05/17/16 08:14 PM

Abbie Creek Hunt Club needs 2 Members: Abbie Creek runs full length of property!, 700 acres in one block, deer rights only, some hardwoods, select cut pines, clearcut, swamp, flowing creek bottom runs full length of property, 12 summer and winter food plots. 10 members, clean family values, beautiful piece of land, no facilities, $870 includes food plots. Gun hunters and NON-RETIREES preferred. 334-798-3719

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 05/17/16 08:17 PM

$870 + 1 ladder stand or lock on
Posted By: Tmich1

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 05/17/16 09:52 PM

Pm sent
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 05/18/16 06:58 AM

Originally Posted By: rothirsch
Abbie Creek Hunt Club needs 2 Members: Abbie Creek runs full length of property!, 700 acres in one block, deer rights only, some hardwoods, select cut pines, clearcut, swamp, flowing creek bottom runs full length of property, 12 summer and winter food plots. 10 members, clean family values, beautiful piece of land, no facilities, $870 includes food plots. Gun hunters and NON-RETIREES preferred. 334-798-3719

Why do you prefer gun hunters?
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 05/18/16 09:27 AM

why non retires?
I'm disabled & a bow hunter, guess I'm out before I'm in !!
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 05/18/16 09:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Calvin
why non retires?
I'm disabled & a bow hunter, guess I'm out before I'm in !!

I'm sure the non retiree part is keep the pressure low, but I can't figure out the gun hunting preference part.
Posted By: BradB

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 05/18/16 02:09 PM

Probably prefers no bow hunters because they start stinking the place up and pressuring the deer before gun season starts.No retirees because he is probably employed and does not want someone on the lease hunting twice a day every day during season.Just my guess.
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 05/18/16 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: BradB
Probably prefers no bow hunters because they start stinking the place up and pressuring the deer before gun season starts.No retirees because he is probably employed and does not want someone on the lease hunting twice a day every day during season.Just my guess.

X10000. Retired (or shut down workers) are the bane of many in hunting clubs. Pay the same dues and do the same work as everybody else then hunt 5-10 times as much.

Somebody asked in a thread a week or two ago questions to ask about when joining a new club. Retired hunters was my first suggestion and I never saw any rebuttal of that.

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 05/19/16 05:16 AM

Human pressure

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 05/19/16 05:17 AM

BRADB you got it right. Low pressure low scent.
Posted By: weatherby

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 05/19/16 09:22 AM

Too bad no turkey hunting. I saw more turkeys just north of Abbie Creek than you could shake a stick at. Used to keep a mouth call in my tackle box just to hear them hammer.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 05/19/16 10:26 AM

Originally Posted By: RobertD

X10000. Retired (or shut down workers) are the bane of many in hunting clubs. Pay the same dues and do the same work as everybody else then hunt 5-10 times as much.

Somebody asked in a thread a week or two ago questions to ask about when joining a new club. Retired hunters was my first suggestion and I never saw any rebuttal of that.

I agree Brad and Robert. Besides that's the great thing about America is that if you don't like someone else's rules, you can start your own club and make your own rules.

It would chap my rear end to know that some old guy was out there at the camp everyday shooting every button buck he saw grin

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 05/19/16 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Remington270
Originally Posted By: RobertD

I agree Brad and Robert. Besides that's the great thing about America is that if you don't like someone else's rules, you can start your own club and make your own rules.

It would chap my rear end to know that some old guy was out there at the camp everyday shooting every button buck he saw grin
lol
Posted By: BradB

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 05/19/16 03:16 PM

I am thankful every day for the fact I own, not lease, and for the "Golden Rule", ie the guy with the gold, or in this case the land, gets to make the rules.I will let one very good friend bowhunt this year in one small area because I believe it will be a sure thing for him with little pressure on the rest of the place.Other than that there will be no hunting pressure except a little during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Last 3 weeks of the season its balls to the wall everyday.Could not do that if I had to take on paying members.

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 10/07/16 01:07 AM

Bump need one for sure
Posted By: JA

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 10/08/16 09:09 PM

Where is Abbie Creek?

Re: Abbie Creek club needs 2 more - 10/10/16 12:21 AM

Henry County
© 2024 ALDEER.COM