Aldeer.com

?? For Folks with (good) Leases

Posted By: Rocket62

?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/08/16 01:01 PM

Where do you go to look for land to lease? I've struck out in Jackson/Madison/Marshall counties

Either I just don't know where to look or there just ain't any for lease ...
Posted By: BC

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/08/16 02:01 PM

http://www.soterrallc.com/?page_id=406

http://www.rayonierhunting.com/

http://www.rayonierhunting.com/

http://alabamablackbeltadventures.org/hunting-fishing/land-for-lease/

http://www.afoa.org/hunt.htm

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/08/16 02:13 PM

Thanks for the effort but I've been through all of those, none available near North AL
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/08/16 03:26 PM

It's not the right time of year.

June/July is when you'll see leases come available.

Have your check in hand and be ready to lease it the same day you look at it.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/08/16 04:46 PM

I thought your Jackson co lease was loaded with deer?

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/08/16 05:16 PM

I don't have a Jackson Co lease smile
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/08/16 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
I thought your Jackson co lease was loaded with deer?

I gave it up for multiple reasons. Most were personal/business and some revolved around poor experiences the last couple of years.

Paul- I still have my ears open for you. Nothing good yet...
Posted By: AC870

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/08/16 06:44 PM

Rocket I'd like to get in on something with some good guys if you need a member or 2 when you find something. I'd like to be within hr or hr and a half of Gville.
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/08/16 07:48 PM

Those area require boot work and gas money. Get out and talk to folks and knock on doors. This time of year you will find the farmers in the field. Stop and talk. You never know what you might learn. Even tho the property might be leased out, at least you know who to check back with each year

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/08/16 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: AC870
Rocket I'd like to get in on something with some good guys if you need a member or 2 when you find something. I'd like to be within hr or hr and a half of Gville.

AC I'll sure keep that in mind. You keep me in mind too if you see anything near you towards Grant

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/08/16 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Fullthrottle
Those area require boot work and gas money. Get out and talk to folks and knock on doors. This time of year you will find the farmers in the field. Stop and talk. You never know what you might learn. Even tho the property might be leased out, at least you know who to check back with each year

The wife and I have a date tomorrow afternoon, going around OXR/Gurley/New Hope looking for acreage to build a house on. I'll be sure to stop and ask if I see them out in the fields.
Posted By: desertdog

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/08/16 08:42 PM

Anyone familiar with Jackson Hunting Club,or have any feedback.I'v seen posts where they have openings.

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/08/16 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: desertdog
Anyone familiar with Jackson Hunting Club,or have any feedback.I'v seen posts where they have openings.

Care to share that info?
Posted By: desertdog

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/08/16 11:31 PM

I talked to a guy at last year that was a member and was telling me a little about it. Then this spring I saw a post on Facebook that that had openings. If I can find the post Rocket I will pm you the info.
Posted By: Stikman

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/09/16 02:11 AM

Try a real estate agent that specializes in large land tracks
Posted By: shooters

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/09/16 10:28 AM

SAme here as desertdog, saw on face book at girl friends house. I think it was 750 a member?

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/09/16 04:19 PM

I'd like to know more about that $750 Jackson Co club.
Posted By: shooters

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/09/16 08:06 PM

I'd like to know more about that $750 Jackson Co club.
As told to me by a friend that saw it on Face book. Jackson County HC = 2400 acres = 256 717 9208 . That's all he said was on Face book about it
Posted By: demp17

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/10/16 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Rocket62
Originally Posted By: Fullthrottle

The wife and I have a date tomorrow afternoon, going around OXR/Gurley/New Hope looking for acreage to build a house on. I'll be sure to stop and ask if I see them out in the fields.

I'm about 99.9% sure I saw you. Yall were in front of me on old gurley pike in new hope. Yall stopped and looked at a house that was for sale about 100 yards past my house. I saw the aldeer sticker and wondered if it might have been you.

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/10/16 01:02 PM

Absolutely that wa us! Love that area

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/10/16 05:03 PM

Absolutely that wa us! Love that area

Great area we own and lease land all down in that area.

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/10/16 05:43 PM

I called and talked to the guy about the $750 club. They've got 3,000 acres near Low Gap and had 49 members and a couple of turkey only members this past season.

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/10/16 06:16 PM

If I can't get 100-150 acres a hunter I'll just hunt public land unless it's me alone

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/10/16 07:02 PM

If I can't get 100-150 acres a hunter I'll just hunt public land unless it's me alone

I know.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/10/16 08:37 PM

I called and talked to the guy about the $750 club. They've got 3,000 acres near Low Gap and had 49 members and a couple of turkey only members this past season.

That would probably be jam up with about 12 members

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/10/16 08:44 PM

Yep but as it stands it will look like a marine reserves drill weekend
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/10/16 08:56 PM

12 members for that club would be around 3,000 a year. I'd pay it today if they would lose the other members. How about y'all?

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/10/16 09:25 PM

I'd sure think hard about it, probably would
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/10/16 10:26 PM

36,750 for 3000 acres. That's not counting the Turkey memberships. 12.25 per acre sounds like a WHOLE bunch for that area. For comparison, I found 200 acres in Dallas County last year for 12.00 per acre, but I drug my feet and missed it. (I wanted to let my son see it first.) Like BGH said, when you find that great deal on a piece of land, have the money at the ready and make a decision right then. If it doesn't work out, there's always next year. I wound up leasing a tract near the border of Chambers and Tallapoosa County for less money. It's not Dallas County, but I like it, and it's closer.
Posted By: buckethead

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/10/16 10:46 PM

Please tell me where this $12 an acre land in Dallas County Is located? That's unheard of in that area.

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/11/16 04:34 AM

It was near the state park a little north of Selma. I don't remember what the name of that park is. Don't much matter. It's gone now.

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/11/16 04:47 AM

You know? The more I think about it, I'm thinking 14 per acre. Still real good for that county.

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/11/16 07:05 AM

If I could find 50 acres tucked away in some farm land away from other hunting I'd jump. Cool thing is that there are places like that very near where I live (OXR). Problem is they are really hard to find ...

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/11/16 07:06 AM

That's kind of why I started this thread, I wanted to know how you guys approached cracking this nut
Posted By: wmd

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/11/16 08:44 AM

That's kind of why I started this thread, I wanted to know how you guys approached cracking this nut

If you are looking for your own tract of land to lease in North Alabama, I don't have much to offer. I think it is pretty tough since most of the land is owned by individuals/families and instead of big tracts of corporate land available for leasing.

If you are looking for a (good) hunting club to join, I think it takes two things:

1. knowing people that are in (or know about) good clubs, and
2. not being a turkey hunter (or at least not volunteering that you are turkey hunter when talking to people about hunting clubs).

Sometimes you have to compromise and join a club you hear about that might not seem like the perfect club and try to make the most of it. You might meet folks that have insight on other clubs or the club may turn out to be better than what you expected. My experience with my last club was the latter, and then it got turned in to a Forever Wild tract and now it sucks!
Posted By: n2deer

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/11/16 09:14 AM

From experience they usually aren't found on the net. Through people. They don't need advertising.

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/11/16 10:33 AM

I figured as much, was hoping that someone I know here on aldeer.com could hook me up smile

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/11/16 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By: wmd

Sometimes you have to compromise and join a club you hear about that might not seem like the perfect club and try to make the most of it. You might meet folks that have insight on other clubs or the club may turn out to be better than what you expected. My experience with my last club was the latter, and then it got turned in to a Forever Wild tract and now it sucks!

Exactly, sometimes clubs aren't as bad as they seem, sometimes they are. I don't let member to acreage numbers bother me too much because most of the time 1/2, if not more, of the members only make it once or twice a year. You may have 4 or 5 serious hunters and they are your weekend warriors. I hunt a place that is like that now.

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/11/16 10:52 AM

The club I was in last season was a great experience. Had 150 acres/hunter plus a clubhouse and ALL of the guys were spot on. I enjoyed being up there with each of them. The hunting was really tough but might have been fixable but the club disbanded
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/11/16 11:37 AM

Dang I thought yall had a Cracker Jack jam up club in Jackson Co. I was hoping yall might add a member this year. Guess I missed that chance.
Posted By: wmd

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/11/16 12:42 PM

The club I was in last season was a great experience. Had 150 acres/hunter plus a clubhouse and ALL of the guys were spot on. I enjoyed being up there with each of them. The hunting was really tough but might have been fixable but the club disbanded

Could the rest of you guys not take over the lease?

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/11/16 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: wmd

Could the rest of you guys not take over the lease?
if so holler at me, I'm in serious need of another place

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/11/16 01:04 PM

Someone on here (aldeer) already picked it up

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/11/16 03:03 PM

Well foot....
Posted By: hawgwild

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/17/16 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: metalmuncher
36,750 for 3000 acres. That's not counting the Turkey memberships. 12.25 per acre sounds like a WHOLE bunch for that area. For comparison, I found 200 acres in Dallas County last year for 12.00 per acre, but I drug my feet and missed it. (I wanted to let my son see it first.) Like BGH said, when you find that great deal on a piece of land, have the money at the ready and make a decision right then. If it doesn't work out, there's always next year. I wound up leasing a tract near the border of Chambers and Tallapoosa County for less money. It's not Dallas County, but I like it, and it's closer.
What area are you hunting down in Tallapoosa/Chambers county? We are right on the line as well.
Posted By: SCR00BK

Re: ?? For Folks with (good) Leases - 04/27/16 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: foldemup

That would probably be jam up with about 12 members

I was in that club for 9 years this past season was my last. Went from 23 members to over 50 I had enough along with many other reasons... some real pretty country though
© 2024 ALDEER.COM