Aldeer.com

Hunting in St. Clair County

Posted By: jeff0319

Hunting in St. Clair County - 01/25/16 09:04 PM

I'm looking for a club in St. Clair County. I don't need a camp house or anything, just hunting for me, my wife and kids. Anyone have anything available for next season? I know there are several clubs in the area, but have had no luck at getting contact information.
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 01/25/16 09:10 PM

Good luck. Been looking over a year man. I don't really want to get in a club though. I been trying to find something to lease.
Posted By: hoytboy14

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 01/27/16 07:11 AM

Good luck, most of the land around here is family owned or large private tracts, not as many deer as far as numbers compared to counties south but some absolute monsters, I would love to luck into some land up 59 behind the dragstrip every year multiple 150 in. plus deer come from that area.

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 01/27/16 08:59 AM

I would just like to find something so closer to the house to hunt so I don't have to drive to Georgia or Louisiana. Its about like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 01/27/16 11:58 AM

True that I drive an hour and a half to hunt in Bibb and have been doing it for nearly 15 years

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 01/27/16 12:19 PM

If it was a good TROPHY club I would drive that hr and a half or two hours.

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 01/27/16 12:57 PM

I wouldn't call it trophy, but we kill some nice deer, but to be honest the biggest bucks I've taken pics of have been behind my house in Ashville only problem they are very nocturnal, I blew a chance at a mid to upper 140 class 11 pt with a double main beam last year, had 3 years of pics and only seen him that 1 time in daylight
Posted By: BatesConst

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 01/27/16 01:23 PM

I've thrown this out there before to some of you guys. I'm not interested in leasing it out, because I hunt it,but I have about 65 acres for sale. Located in Ashville. Plenty of deer, turkey, woodducks, and water. Canoe creek runs through the middle of it. Can be divided.

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 01/27/16 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: hoytboy14
I wouldn't call it trophy, but we kill some nice deer, but to be honest the biggest bucks I've taken pics of have been behind my house in Ashville only problem they are very nocturnal, I blew a chance at a mid to upper 140 class 11 pt with a double main beam last year, had 3 years of pics and only seen him that 1 time in daylight

That's how it usually goes man.
Posted By: jeff0319

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 01/31/16 06:18 PM

I'm not looking for trophy hunting. Just want an area to hunt close to home. My wife shot her first deer a couple of weeks ago and I'm looking for a place for my kids to get something next year. I don't want trophy deer, just meat for the freezer.
Posted By: willdo22

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 01/31/16 10:09 PM

I'm from Trussville and recently moved to Moody. I hunt some family property in the Shoal Creek valley, but would like to lease something larger in St. Clair.
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 01/31/16 10:58 PM

Check out Majestic Outdoors. They are in Pell City
Posted By: kjohnbedwelljr

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 04/28/16 12:59 PM

I live in Leeds, and I have also been looking for a club or permission to hunt someones property. If you guys lease any land nearby let me know. I'm in!

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 06/04/16 09:35 AM

There is a club looking for memebers, in St. Clair county, on craigslist. Just an FYI..
Posted By: shooters

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 06/04/16 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By: willdo22
There is a club looking for memebers, in St. Clair county, on craigslist. Just an FYI..
808 ac . at 500 a member. I bet is a real good one!!! rofl

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 06/04/16 11:04 AM

I called about it and the guy said you should be able to kill "A" deer every year. Guy also does not have any trophy standards at all. Kill whatever you see. He hunted all year last year and said he got one opportunity to kill a deer. He did say they're was a few birds on there though. Plus I think there is 15 members. Not bashing and I'm sure this is for someone but not me...lol
Posted By: shooters

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 06/04/16 12:55 PM

Isnt it near Cropwell?
Posted By: Beak_Buster

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 06/04/16 08:52 PM

I think it is on Camp Creek Road between Wolf Creek Road and 231. Buddy of mine said he called and they were going to have 15 members on the 800. That's a little to crowded if you ask me.

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 06/12/16 05:33 PM

I just thought I'd pass it along..

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 06/12/16 05:39 PM

http://www.molpus.com/

There are a couple small ones on here as well.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Hunting in St. Clair County - 06/12/16 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Beak_Buster
I think it is on Camp Creek Road between Wolf Creek Road and 231. Buddy of mine said he called and they were going to have 15 members on the 800. That's a little to crowded if you ask me.

A lot crowded. Adding in family members means probably 50 people hunt the place. Worse than public land.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM