Aldeer.com

turkey hunting land in North alabama within 1 1/2 hours of Decatur

Posted By: Anonymous

turkey hunting land in North alabama within 1 1/2 hours of Decatur - 07/19/15 06:20 PM

Hey Im looking for sole turkey hunting rights, or rights with one other person ( a friend I hunt with) for turkey hunting on 200 Plus acres (at least)of good turkey hunting land.

Not interested in deer hunting,...I have good deer land, but just gave up where Id been turkey hunting for 11 years and looking for a good place.

Id consider a large tract with 2-3 others as well.

Thanks

Re: turkey hunting land in North alabama within 1 1/2 hours of Decatur - 07/19/15 06:34 PM

However..I am NOT against paying for a club full price with very few turkey hunters and good deer...just clarifying!
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: turkey hunting land in North alabama within 1 1/2 hours of Decatur - 07/19/15 11:20 PM

You gave up that walker/Winston co place???

Re: turkey hunting land in North alabama within 1 1/2 hours of Decatur - 07/20/15 02:40 PM

Yes..regretfully . It was getting stripped of timber and mined for coal.
At the end of the turkey season it was already pretty tore up.
1/2 had been mined previously or was being mined...and the old company sold to a Canadian company and they came in for the other half.
When we were there last the best areas were gone, turkey roost cut, cover gone.
The noise was unbearable too. They were blasting and mining within 150 yards of our campers. Couldnt even sleep there anymore.

Re: turkey hunting land in North alabama within 1 1/2 hours of Decatur - 07/20/15 02:43 PM

It was undeniably some of the best turkey hunting Id ever done there. Id tag out every year, and call some in for others.

The deer hunting was extraordinary as well. You saw some of my deer from there on here. Big bucks down there.

Great hunting just falling to progress I guess. It just happened to be sitting on a bunch of coal.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: turkey hunting land in North alabama within 1 1/2 hours of Decatur - 07/20/15 03:37 PM

Hate to hear that man.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM