Aldeer.com

Turkey Hunting Lease North of Atlanta

Posted By: jrs0050

Turkey Hunting Lease North of Atlanta - 06/14/15 07:28 PM

I will be moving from central Alabama to Atlanta in January and I am looking for a place to lease north of Atlanta (Paulding, Bartow, Cherokee Counties etc.) Im only interested in turkey rights. May not be anyone on here with land, but would like to be pointed in the right direction to find land around here.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease North of Atlanta - 06/15/15 03:16 PM

Good luck. And land is high to lease around there.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease North of Atlanta - 06/15/15 08:44 PM

Personally I'd look to the south of Atlanta or east
Posted By: jrs0050

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease North of Atlanta - 06/22/15 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: AlabamaSwamper
Good luck. And land is high to lease around there.

Im willing to pay the money. Anywhere around Atlanta would be nice now.. seems like its hard to come by right now.
Posted By: Limbhanger2881

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease North of Atlanta - 07/15/15 03:25 PM

You should not have a problem. Look in Floyd, Haralson and Polk counties. LOADED with turkeys. It will not be hard to find and the gentleman remarking that is expensive is dead wrong. Land in AL is way over priced
Posted By: cgardner

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease North of Atlanta - 07/15/15 03:31 PM

Check here.

http://forum.gon.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease North of Atlanta - 07/15/15 03:50 PM

$8-$12 per acre isn't cheap in my eyes. I know people who lease land in Polk Co.

Its out there for taking. I was just giving information to Jrs0050. I did ask one friend if he would take a turkey only member for him and he said no for now.
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease North of Atlanta - 07/15/15 04:44 PM

Its amazing what people value. I cant imagine paying to hunt turkeys. I grew up hunting in bullock county in union springs and we had world class turkey on the property and still do. We would just walk around and flush em in the spring like quail. Didn't realize how spoiled I was. I do not know why they were there but I once saw way way over a 100 birds once on about a 2 acre field on the property a few winters back.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease North of Atlanta - 07/15/15 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: jallencrockett
Its amazing what people value. I cant imagine paying to hunt turkeys. I grew up hunting in bullock county in union springs and we had world class turkey on the property and still do. We would just walk around and flush em in the spring like quail. Didn't realize how spoiled I was. I do not know why they were there but I once saw way way over a 100 birds once on about a 2 acre field on the property a few winters back.

Your gonna have to go show me before I believe you. Opening day 2016 should be a good time for this field trip. smile
Posted By: tikkaman

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease North of Atlanta - 07/15/15 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: jallencrockett

I used to Turkey hunt in Crenshaw County, not far from Luverne. Wasn't a problem to see 100-150 birds in a big peanut field. Those days are gone forever.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM