Aldeer.com

Colbert County Club

Posted By: todd w

Colbert County Club - 05/24/15 09:18 PM

Well, here is that long awaited time when everyone will flock to it at once.

I am not affiliated and have no knowledge of this club, just ran across the ad.

Lagrange Mountain Hunting Club
5,000 acres in Leighton, Al
Dues, $525 first year, $450 after.

Call 256-710-8470

Good Luck.
Posted By: todd w

Re: Colbert County Club - 05/24/15 09:30 PM

Oh yeah, they run dogs.
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Colbert County Club - 05/25/15 07:18 AM

I have a good friend that hunts there. He killed two turkeys off it this Spring. Deer are very hard to come by there. Roads also are pretty bad. I looked at it several years ago since it was so close to the house, but the deer numbers weren't what they used to be. There were some great deer killed from the ore mines there back in the 70's.
Posted By: 1Drake

Re: Colbert County Club - 05/29/15 06:35 PM

I'm really interested I live just outside Moulton. If nothing else for turkeys is there really good turkey hunting.
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Colbert County Club - 05/31/15 05:32 AM

Coach told me this year was a great year for turkeys. Deer hunting is very tough to say the least. The numbers of deer there have really gone down since the liberal doe harvest became law. IMO the club needs about 5 years of no doe harvest to get back on its feet. I have hunted about two miles from this property for five years and the deer here were awesome..They do runs dogs there, or at least they did. Call the contact number and give it a go. That is a very cheap price to pay for the amount of average they have.

May want to shoot Robinhedd a pm. He hunted as a guest there this year. He also grew up just across the road from the property.
Posted By: 1Drake

Re: Colbert County Club - 06/27/15 01:00 AM

alot of greenfields how many members how many deer do they kill and they do run dogs . you wouldnt happpen to know any of this? i think im gonna call only about 15 mintues from my house love colbert county hunting but used to the freedom hills area ans mccollum hunting club. thanks teacher 1
Posted By: JOKER

Re: Colbert County Club - 06/27/15 02:44 AM

I called and talked to president. They run 60 members.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Colbert County Club - 06/27/15 07:31 AM

I joined this club this year as a secondary placeto hunt after our rut.

I have no idea about deer numbers. I wanted to be able to get on a few dog drives to break the boredom of hunting tn. Our rut in southern wayne co is over by the first week of December so it works out good for me.

Seems like a good group of guys so far that don't put up with any bull. They do have green fields everywhere with shooting houses on several.

They do run 60 members as their goal but it's a dog club so that isn't an issue. Not a ton of rules but the ones they have are good ones imo that is there to keep bad members out.

Posted By: mr.clif

Re: Colbert County Club - 07/02/15 12:31 PM

This area has a December rut primarly also AL swamper its not timed like western Colbert county. Its basicially in my back yard. Judging from pictures and fawning its mostly a mid to late December rut. Not saying you wont see some chasing going in January though.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Colbert County Club - 07/02/15 08:31 PM

Mid to late December works for me. Or rut is over by then. By December 15 at the latest or deer are back on feed patterns.

U can just about set your calendar. By December 5th, chasing is over. From November 25 til then u better be in a tree.

Where I grew up hunting in NW Colbert, it always started before Christmas there to. Weird how the SW part of county is mid January.
Posted By: robinhedd

Re: Colbert County Club - 07/10/15 06:57 AM

The contact info 256-710-8470 is Michael Jackson (the white one) he is my best friend & a good guy. He works for the railroad & really works hard on this club taking care of things & it's members. If u have any questions give him a call. Robinhedd
© 2024 ALDEER.COM