Aldeer.com

Hunting club info

Posted By: BamaReb

Hunting club info - 03/14/15 09:34 PM

All,
I'm brand new to Alabama. Just moved to Prattville from Illinois where I've grown up hunting and fishing. I'm lookin to join a hunting club in the Prattville area. Or even get in on a lease. I am looking to turkey hunt as well. If anyone is over run with hogs I'd like to get on a hunt for them as well. I've never killed one and it would be a treat for me. I have a family farm in Southern Illinois that we manage pretty closely for mature bucks only. I only say this to show that I respect the land and take it seriously. I'm willing to put in the elbow grease to have a spot to enjoy. Anything to get me outdoors. I don't really know anyone in the area so I'm looking to make friends as well so the comraderie of the hunt is important. Any help or advise is greatly appreciated. Best of luck to the turkey hunters out there.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Hunting club info - 03/15/15 08:07 AM

If you like to turkey hunt stay away from Hillcrest.
Posted By: pcola4

Re: Hunting club info - 03/16/15 02:11 PM

BamaReb,

Good luck! You are in a great place for some of the best hunting in Alabama in my opinion. Love to help with the club situation but I'm in Florida and hunt lower Alabama. Heading back to Rushville ILL in November. Hunted Shawnee a few times. Saw a few but nothing to write home about. Talked with the locals and the great hunting is on private land.
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: Hunting club info - 03/16/15 04:05 PM

Welcome to the forum! Good luck finding a good lease.... thumbup

Re: Hunting club info - 03/17/15 03:54 PM

Thank you guys. I'm looking forward to finding a place. PCOLA our farm is in Alexander county on the very southern tip of the state surrounded by the Shawnee Forest. There are some really nice deer on the forest. Turkey hunting is great too.
Posted By: Zkd22

Re: Hunting club info - 03/17/15 10:57 PM

Welcome to the forum. I have a lease in Massac Co. I hope you find the Alabama lease you are looking for.
Posted By: hunter4life

Re: Hunting club info - 03/18/15 01:04 AM

There is a club below that is looking for two members in Autauga county. This will be about 20 minutes from Prattville. If you have any other questions hit me up. I have lived here pretty much all my life
Posted By: pcola4

Re: Hunting club info - 03/18/15 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: BamaReb
Thank you guys. I'm looking forward to finding a place. PCOLA our farm is in Alexander county on the very southern tip of the state surrounded by the Shawnee Forest. There are some really nice deer on the forest. Turkey hunting is great too.

I found this farm that is a pay hunt in Rushville. It spoiled me. Don't know if I can go back to Shawnee. I would love to take my son there. I had several great trips to Shawnee.
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: Hunting club info - 03/24/15 08:04 AM

I have a couple leases in Pulaski, Cty IL.

I can possibly invite you on a hog hunt the next time we get after them on my lease. It will be after turkey season closes. Shoot me a PM.

Re: Hunting club info - 04/01/15 11:59 AM

I know quite a few guys that hunt in Massac. There's some good deer to be had over that way along the river.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM