Aldeer.com

Another land value question

Posted By: jdfarm23

Another land value question - 03/05/15 03:56 PM

Russell County AL

100 acres that was clearcut within the past few months. What is it worth and what would you pay for it?
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Another land value question - 03/05/15 04:09 PM

For lease or sale? Most land for sale over that way was $2500-3500 an acre when I was looking about 8 years ago. Lease I'd imagine $10-20 an acre.

Re: Another land value question - 03/06/15 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Turkey_neck
For lease or sale? Most land for sale over that way was $2500-3500 an acre when I was looking about 8 years ago. Lease I'd imagine $10-20 an acre.

For sale. 100 acres of clearcut, no road frontage. Hurtsboro area
Posted By: cmontgomery

Re: Another land value question - 03/07/15 06:06 AM

Land is worth what someone will pay for it. Simple. Pm me and I can give you a number to a guy that has lots of experience in that area from Union Springs. Personally, I would not pay anywhere near $2500/acre for clear cut property. Most land investors say you cannot pay more than $900/acre for dirt +timber value and come out ahead. The market has taken a big down turn in this economy in regards to recreational property.

Re: Another land value question - 03/09/15 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: cmontgomery
Land is worth what someone will pay for it. Simple. Pm me and I can give you a number to a guy that has lots of experience in that area from Union Springs. Personally, I would not pay anywhere near $2500/acre for clear cut property. Most land investors say you cannot pay more than $900/acre for dirt +timber value and come out ahead. The market has taken a big down turn in this economy in regards to recreational property.

They are asking $1450/acre. I would like to buy the place, but am only willing to pay $1000/acre ish. Just making sure Im not crazy for thinking $1400 is too high
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Another land value question - 03/10/15 09:47 PM

1400 is too high, if it has been replanted already it may be worth 11 or 1200 if not $900 is top dollar to me
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Another land value question - 03/11/15 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: cmontgomery

Damn good advice there. Especially the last sentence.

Dr. B
Posted By: AU_Forester_02

Re: Another land value question - 03/17/15 04:05 PM

If it has been sprayed and replanted you can add about $150-200/acre to the value because you won't be having to pay for it. I would doubt it has been sprayed and planted though.
Posted By: k bush

Re: Another land value question - 03/18/15 08:13 PM

If it had frontage on an all weather road that might bump up price a little. Could pay for itself in the future if timber harvests were timed to take advantage of it.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Another land value question - 03/18/15 10:31 PM

I would check the access before I did anything, and I would think the price is too high.
Posted By: fernman

Re: Another land value question - 03/22/15 02:31 PM

a good place to start is fair market value,when buying land you need to pay/offer what you think its worth.

Re: Another land value question - 03/23/15 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: fernman
a good place to start is fair market value,when buying land you need to pay/offer what you think its worth.

They have not sprayed or replanted the place. This place does not have road frontage, however it adjoins some land I already own, which does have frontage. I'm still thinking $1000/acre tops.

Re: Another land value question - 03/23/15 03:29 PM

If you have a common border that would make it more valuable the way I see it. Start at $1000 and work towards their asking price.
Posted By: centralala

Re: Another land value question - 03/23/15 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: k bush
If you have a common border that would make it more valuable the way I see it. Start at $1000 and work towards their asking price.

If he thinks its worth $1000/acre, why would he start at $1000?

Re: Another land value question - 03/23/15 06:07 PM

Because you usually only get one chance to buy adjoining property. I would hate to know I missed a parcel next to me over a couple of thousand dollars.
Posted By: centralala

Re: Another land value question - 03/23/15 06:43 PM

It has happened to me many times. No big deal. I've never regretted not buying it for what I felt was too much.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM