Aldeer.com

Looking for land for 2015/2016

Posted By: BiscuitBaker

Looking for land for 2015/2016 - 03/03/15 08:21 PM

Looking for 50 to 500 acres to lease.Would like on river or with creek (s).Would like it within 2 hours of Pensacola.Thanks.
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: Looking for land for 2015/2016 - 03/04/15 12:29 AM

Please read the stickie'd post at the top labeled "websites listing land for LEASE".

Yes, they are public and yes everyone else looks at them. Yes, SOME lease company's are GIGANTICALLY better or worse than some others to lease from. MY last lease was with Soterra and they treated me very well for the most part. Two of their former employees are contributing members on here.

Don't take this the wrong way BUT, EVERYBODY (well, 80% at LEAST) of the people on here are LOOKING (or at least interested in looking at) land that is FOR LEASE (available).

VERY few clubs on here have openings. Peruse the first three or four pages here and count the people looking for clubs vs the clubs looking for people.

MOST good clubs fill from referrals from existing members. Clubs advertising EVERY year for members, well.....................there is a reason for that.

Asking for people on here to tell YOU about available leases THEY know of is about like asking a crowd of teenage boys where to find "easy" girls.

They're ALL looking for the same thing, why tell you and possibly prevent them from being able to get it?

Finding a good lease requires research, leg work, and PREFERABLY knowing someone. Asking a public group full of people in the same boat as you is peeing in the ocean expecting it to rise.

Good luck, FWIW. These are facts, not opinions. This is meant to help.
Posted By: deerhntr

Re: Looking for land for 2015/2016 - 03/05/15 12:48 AM

Thanks Robert...Glad you have it figured out
Posted By: centralala

Re: Looking for land for 2015/2016 - 03/05/15 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: RobertD
Please read the stickie'd post at the top labeled "websites listing land for LEASE".

Yes, they are public and yes everyone else looks at them. Yes, SOME lease company's are GIGANTICALLY better or worse than some others to lease from. MY last lease was with Soterra and they treated me very well for the most part. Two of their former employees are contributing members on here.

Don't take this the wrong way BUT, EVERYBODY (well, 80% at LEAST) of the people on here are LOOKING (or at least interested in looking at) land that is FOR LEASE (available).

VERY few clubs on here have openings. Peruse the first three or four pages here and count the people looking for clubs vs the clubs looking for people.

MOST good clubs fill from referrals from existing members. Clubs advertising EVERY year for members, well.....................there is a reason for that.

Asking for people on here to tell YOU about available leases THEY know of is about like asking a crowd of teenage boys where to find "easy" girls.

They're ALL looking for the same thing, why tell you and possibly prevent them from being able to get it?

Finding a good lease requires research, leg work, and PREFERABLY knowing someone. Asking a public group full of people in the same boat as you is peeing in the ocean expecting it to rise.

Good luck, FWIW. These are facts, not opinions. This is meant to help.

I have thought the same exact thing but didn't want to step on Rebelman or others toes so I've let it go. Asking for sole turkey hunting rights is probably an even worse idea.
Posted By: Limbhanger2881

Re: Looking for land for 2015/2016 - 03/05/15 11:04 AM

Having moved here from GA recently I have been looking. Al is not a friendly state in regards to looking for land. In GA it is not an issue at all. Matter of fact you can get on GON forum and find pages of opportunities. You would not think crossing a state line would be that much of a difference but let me tell you it is
© 2024 ALDEER.COM