Aldeer.com

Marlin 30/30

Posted By: dburgett

Marlin 30/30 - 12/23/14 11:03 PM

Looking for a marlin 30/30. Doesnt have to come with scope. Not wanting to pay outrageous but trying to get my dad a late christmas gift hes been wanting for along time.
Posted By: BamaBart

Re: Marlin 30/30 - 12/24/14 12:50 AM

The pawn shops should have plenty this time of year. I always like to check the pawn shops about a month after deer season ends for rifles.
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: Marlin 30/30 - 12/24/14 01:34 AM

have one, dont want to part with it. And havent seen one in a pawnshop in about 6 months or more. Have run into a 336 35 Rem and 1895 45-70 in last 3 months that were very reasonable. Buddy bought them both. Might check over on Marlin Owners Forum. But they def know what they are worth. Good luck!
Posted By: AUduckiller

Re: Marlin 30/30 - 12/24/14 05:30 AM

Academy has them all day for $369
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Marlin 30/30 - 12/24/14 11:06 AM

$369 at Academy would probably be best investment you will ever make!
Posted By: sauls1975

Re: Marlin 30/30 - 12/24/14 01:14 PM

Great brush and " thick" area guns. I shoot 170 grain federals in mine,fun guns to hunt with. Check Craigslist i have seen em on there before .
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Marlin 30/30 - 12/24/14 02:11 PM

A used JM stamped gun, will be a better gun than a new one.

Marlin's quality seems to have gone to crap, and from what I am seeing it is a roll of the dice in what you get. Some are good, others look like they were assembled by a blind monkey.
Posted By: AUduckiller

Re: Marlin 30/30 - 12/24/14 02:15 PM

Just bought one from academy about 3 weeks ago and it is a great shooting gun. Fit is good all works as it should
Posted By: jlccoffee

Re: Marlin 30/30 - 12/24/14 03:03 PM

I got one over a year ago and it was keyholing at 20 yards straight out of the box and wouldn't feed good either.

I sent it to a gunsmith they told me to send it to in KY and he sent it back to the factory. They sent it back to him and it still wasn't right. So he sent it back to the factory again. I called Marlin and told them I thought I should get a new gun. They said they would make the old one right or they wouldn't ship it back out. I said they already had a chance and shipped it back out while it wasn't right so I should get a new gun. They agreed and finally shipped me a new one.

That was a pain but in the end the gun I have now works flawlessly and shoots good too.
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: Marlin 30/30 - 12/24/14 04:03 PM

Newest Remlins are supposedly much better. But as above, maybe not always. I am unwilling to take a chance. Any I buy are going to be old tried and true JMs! Have three of them and would buy as many more as I cn find that are on the low end. Never going to be made that way again, and never going to depreciate. Same with the Savage 99s I pick up, and the recent old Rem 760. All very nice old guns with great workmanship and craftsmanship. I am really not a new gun guy
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Marlin 30/30 - 12/24/14 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Oscarflytyer
Newest Remlins are supposedly much better. But as above, maybe not always. I am unwilling to take a chance. Any I buy are going to be old tried and true JMs! Have three of them and would buy as many more as I cn find that are on the low end. Never going to be made that way again, and never going to depreciate. Same with the Savage 99s I pick up, and the recent old Rem 760. All very nice old guns with great workmanship and craftsmanship. I am really not a new gun guy

Couldn't agree more. I need a pre cross bolt safety 30/30 to sister up to my .35 and 45/70. I tell friends all the time looking for a new rifle. Do a little searching and buy an older one in great condition. It will be twice the rifle of these new ones today. And, it will hold value and appreciate over time.
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Marlin 30/30 - 12/25/14 12:08 AM

JM's are often available on facebook for 350. Sometimes less. Check chilton county mens trader page. very active trade and sell all kinds of stuff. There are several alabama gun selling/trading pages.
Posted By: mirage243

Re: Marlin 30/30 - 12/25/14 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: sauls1975
Great brush and " thick" area guns. I shoot 170 grain federals in mine,fun guns to hunt with. Check Craigslist i have seen em on there before .

Yep, I always carry my thutty thutty when I wanna shoot through all them bushes and sheit. grin dem 170's will blow straight through trees and kill 'em deadner hell. thumbup
© 2024 ALDEER.COM