Aldeer.com

Kawasaki mule (parts)

Posted By: jameyr

Kawasaki mule (parts) - 09/12/22 11:39 PM

2001 Kawasaki Mule 3010 4x4 for parts… assume that nothing works after the abuse and inadequate maintenance we’ve put it through. It’s been a club use vehicle for years and taught many youths to drive. But now I’m done with it.

Just paid a shop $150 to tell me it’ll cost more to fix than it’s worth.

Will crank and run weakly with white smoke. Suspect head gasket or cracked/warped head. No brake pressure. No emergency brake. Rust on the bed but frame is in good shape. Hood is cracked.

Kenda bearclaw tires, winch, led lights, bed liner. Probably has some non-ethanol gas left in it.

Pickup in Vestavia. Not willing to ship smile

$1000.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: jmudler

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts) - 09/13/22 02:28 PM

That could be a fun project to convert to electric.

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts or fixer upper) - 03/27/23 07:40 PM

Just got the ultimatum from the wife that the mule shall exit the yard or else. I don’t care to learn about “else.” So it cranked, drove up on the trailer, and got a ride to the hunting camp outside of Billingsley. Immediate problem solved.

I bolted on the new master cylinder I purchased a while ago but haven’t bled the brakes. Also just remembered it has a gun rack under the top.

$750

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Justice

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts or fixer upper) - 03/27/23 08:26 PM

PM sent

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts or fixer upper) - 03/27/23 08:57 PM

Returned and included my cell.

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts or fixer upper) - 03/27/23 11:37 PM

As per out texts, if everything is as pictured, I want it.
Posted By: Haybale

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts or fixer upper) - 03/28/23 02:18 AM

Id like to be next in line

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts or fixer upper) - 03/28/23 03:12 AM

Justice with first dibs. Haybale on deck.

Lights work.

[Linked Image]

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts or fixer upper) - 03/28/23 11:55 AM

As far as I am concerned, consider it sold. I'm bringing a trailer and the cash Friday at 11 AM.

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts or fixer upper) - 03/28/23 02:59 PM

That’s good enough for me. Its yours. See you Friday.

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts) - 03/28/23 04:27 PM

thumbup

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts) - 03/31/23 04:12 PM

Sold! Thanks Justice. Good to meet you.

3% sent to ALDEER

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts) - 04/01/23 12:19 AM

Thanks! Good to meet you as well. Already tore into it for the rebuild!
Posted By: McAlligator

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts) - 04/01/23 02:42 AM

Fuel pump & fuel pump relay will start getting faulty/go out on those and cause them to run weakly. You can get Chinese replacements for <$50 combined. Even the cheap Chinese ones will instantly bring it back to life if that’s the issue. Check the fuel delivery system (including in-line filter) before doing anything drastic with motor.

Make sure you’ve got a good charge on the battery & a good connection as well. Check voltage at fuel pump. If you aren’t getting sufficient voltage it will run weak or idle but then die as soon as you give it any throttle

I’m pretty fond of the mules & they aren’t terrible to work on.
Posted By: akbejeepin

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts) - 04/01/23 03:40 PM

I had the fuel pump issue in ours.

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts) - 04/01/23 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by McAlligator
Fuel pump & fuel pump relay will start getting faulty/go out on those and cause them to run weakly. You can get Chinese replacements for <$50 combined. Even the cheap Chinese ones will instantly bring it back to life if that’s the issue. Check the fuel delivery system (including in-line filter) before doing anything drastic with motor.

Make sure you’ve got a good charge on the battery & a good connection as well. Check voltage at fuel pump. If you aren’t getting sufficient voltage it will run weak or idle but then die as soon as you give it any throttle

I’m pretty fond of the mules & they aren’t terrible to work on.

I appreciate the info. Not touching the engine at the moment. Brakes need rebuilt and a steering rack. Engine is running fine with good gas.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts) - 04/01/23 06:43 PM

Replaced the fuel pump on mine too. 2004 3010 trans. Have to adjust the valves every 2 years and carb rebuild. Still running good.
Posted By: JohnG

Re: Kawasaki mule (parts) - 04/02/23 12:08 AM

Good luck, hope you start a thread on the rebuild.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM