Aldeer.com

Wtb Bee hives

Posted By: !shiloh!

Wtb Bee hives - 10/06/21 12:02 AM

Im looking for 3-4 bee hives . New or used. Any leads are appreciated. Located in shelby co.
Posted By: Nowlide

Re: Wtb Bee hives - 10/06/21 01:20 AM

It’s been a bad year for a lot of people with hives. Some loosing everything. Good luck, if you find something, you need to get it.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Wtb Bee hives - 10/06/21 01:31 AM

HHSYelper had several he was trying to give me a week or so ago. He was fixin to burn them when i left. Im not sure if he burnt them or not. I can check with him and see if you want me to.
Posted By: T72

Re: Wtb Bee hives - 10/06/21 01:36 AM

I have a contact I will check with also.

Re: Wtb Bee hives - 10/06/21 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by jwalker77
HHSYelper had several he was trying to give me a week or so ago. He was fixin to burn them when i left. Im not sure if he burnt them or not. I can check with him and see if you want me to.

Yes sir that would be great. Thanks

Re: Wtb Bee hives - 10/06/21 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by T72
I have a contact I will check with also.

Thankya
Posted By: HappyHunter

Re: Wtb Bee hives - 10/06/21 01:44 AM

You have foxhound bee company close to you, or drive to the Amish in Lawrenceburg Tn. Pretty sure foxhound buys their wooden ware from the Amish. Google Albert Zook and beehive.
Posted By: Groundhawg

Re: Wtb Bee hives - 10/06/21 01:47 AM

Due to back problems I am planning to sale my hives and all equipment. Did not plan to sale till after the winter as that is when many hives are lost and I did not want to sale till Feburary. Might be foolish but even if I was to never see the person again I just would not feel right selling someone a hive and it die during the winter. They might loss it later but a hive has a much better chance to build up come spring.
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Wtb Bee hives - 10/06/21 02:06 AM

I’ve given most of my stuff away, but I’ll see if I have enough to put together a few hives
Posted By: Dangerlangus

Re: Wtb Bee hives - 10/06/21 03:41 AM

I live in Baton Rouge but I keep 8 hives on family land in walker county just across the warrior river near Franklin Ferry Marina. I bought 6 nucs last year from a guy I found on fb marketplace in Hattiesburg, MS. He did me right they not only were the cheapest nucs I ever bought but he gave me like 8 frames of bees and resources. He basically sold me a full bee hive as a nuc. They were very healthy and good laying queens. I told him I will be back next year. If you still want some in may or June I can pick some up for you. He told me if I bought his last 4 nucs he would sell them for $100 a piece. I did not have the equipment to get them though, I sure wish I did though.
Posted By: HappyHunter

Re: Wtb Bee hives - 10/06/21 11:06 AM

Just a heads up. It is illegal to bring comb from outside Alabama into Alabama. So bringing a nuc across the state line is a no no.
Posted By: Dangerlangus

Re: Wtb Bee hives - 10/06/21 02:05 PM

Awesome, I guess I will have to rectify the situation and move them to another state.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Wtb Bee hives - 10/06/21 11:39 PM

Call Dallas Ave. Pharmacy in Selma at (334)872-3255. Ask to speak to Tim Gibbs. He is the owner and pharmacist. He is a beekeeper and either he or another local keeper had some for sale recently. If it isn't Tim he can probably point you in the right direction. He's a super nice guy.

Re: Wtb Bee hives - 10/06/21 11:53 PM

Thanks for the info fella's.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM