Aldeer.com

ISO Case XX Knives

Posted By: workn4livn

ISO Case XX Knives - 10/14/20 02:49 AM

I have started collecting case knives. Lmk if you have any you will part with.
Thanks
Ronnie
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/14/20 02:54 AM

What are you doing here ? Where are you working? Are they Case brand knives you want Ronnie?

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/14/20 02:56 AM

Larry!!
Hey man, I'm doing great, currently working in Laredo Texas. How are you? I am looking for any Case brand knife, i currently have around 30 so far.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/14/20 03:00 AM

OK, I'll see if I have any. If I do, I'll PM you. Stay safe Ronnie. Check your pm's.

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/14/20 03:04 AM

Thanks Larry, you stay safe also
Posted By: AC870

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/14/20 03:20 AM

If you want a super nice one, message John Hyde of Guntersville on Facebook.
He takes older but new ones, takes off the cheap plastic handles, adds bone handles and new springs.
They’re works of art.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/14/20 03:56 AM

Can he take the knew metal blades off and add the old good ones that will rust if’n you
Don’t earl them a little
Posted By: todd w

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/14/20 11:51 AM

pm to you
Posted By: Thread Killer

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/14/20 01:55 PM

AC them are beautiful
Posted By: Blackwater_Reb

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/15/20 12:18 AM

Let’s see if this works...

[Linked Image]

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/15/20 12:21 AM

But sorry, not for sale. This is an original display case from my grandfather’s general store that he ended up closing about 40 years ago. Knives have never been removed and they have original price tags.
Posted By: Bar7Mag

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/15/20 12:44 AM

That is slick backwater reb! A true family treasure.

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/15/20 12:49 AM

Not a clue of their worth, but even if there were a dollar figure, they are priceless to me.

To the OP from workin, good luck with your collection. Can’t beat a good old school case xx.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/15/20 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Blackwater_Reb
But sorry, not for sale. This is an original display case from my grandfather’s general store that he ended up closing about 40 years ago. Knives have never been removed and they have original price tags.

Very nice.
Posted By: James

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/15/20 01:31 AM

My Grandfather collects them, he probably had 500 or so (probably more)

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/15/20 01:55 AM

Blackwater Reb
Beautiful set of knives, priceless for sure
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/15/20 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by James
My Grandfather collects them, he probably had 500 or so (probably more)

My dad has a hell of a collection of knives too

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/15/20 01:58 AM

Collecting knives can be addictive and very expensive

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/15/20 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Blackwater_Reb
Let’s see if this works...

[Linked Image]

Dang nice. Looks to be from first half of the 60's at the newest, to me. Look at the tang stamp to age them.
Posted By: Ryano

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/15/20 02:36 AM

I wish I had a nickel for everytime my grandpa opened a single blade case. He had a nice collection from folks buying them as gifts but he always carried a single blade.
Posted By: TravisBatey

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/15/20 11:29 AM

sorry to get somewhat off topic but i had a cool conversation with a guy. I was talking to a guy at work the other night whos father and uncle has a nice collection. When this feller was a kid in the early 90s his family bought an old abandoned building along with some land out in Albuquerque and during cleaning out a bunch of clutter they found an old sealed up shipping chest in the caved in basement. They got it out and opened and inside was a 1940s-50s case knife display kit. He said it had about 100 knives all sealed up in original boxes, brochure papers and a couple of display cases for the knives. He said at the time he didnt realize what they had found. I reckon his dad and uncle split them and his mother now keeps what was his dads in a vault box at a bank.

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/16/20 02:23 AM

I wish I could find a box full
Posted By: ford150man

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/16/20 02:43 PM

Me and my boys collect Case knives. We probably have 150 maybe.
Posted By: Jpred1

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/17/20 02:30 AM

I have a really good shape case Bowie , it will take a Benjamin Franklin to get from me though.

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/17/20 06:40 PM

I received this one today, only 2 more to get to finish this series

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Skinny

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/17/20 07:19 PM

You looking for one this old? Its from before they put the XX stamp on the handle tags.

[Linked Image]

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/17/20 07:27 PM

This one dates between 1945-1950

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/17/20 08:14 PM

correction, I did a bit more research and this one dates to 1981-82.

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/17/20 09:10 PM

Can you get a better picture of the tang stamp on the blade please and how much are you asking?

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/17/20 09:22 PM

Its tough for me to get a good pic of the tang stamp, I had to use my jewelers loop on it to get a good look. Its a CASE XX / SS (like Nazi SS) 8 dots which means 1981-1982, they apparently reduced dots every year during the 80's. See this. https://www.casexx.com/Library/TangStamp.asp

Wish I had a better camera to show you.

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/17/20 09:36 PM

I managed to get a better picture, the stamp is very small. Make me a fair offer and its yours.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: top cat

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/17/20 10:41 PM

Nice collection BW.R. I have several of those knifes

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/17/20 11:33 PM

[Linked Image]

I found this little knife on a Waffle House parking lot the other other morning. It’s not old, but I was tickled to find it.

I saw it shimmering on the other side of the lot. I walked over figuring it was just some junker knife. There wasn’t any vehicles around it, so finding an owner wasn’t going to happen.

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/17/20 11:38 PM

Very nice find

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/17/20 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Skinny
Its tough for me to get a good pic of the tang stamp, I had to use my jewelers loop on it to get a good look. Its a CASE XX / SS (like Nazi SS) 8 dots which means 1981-1982, they apparently reduced dots every year during the 80's. See this. https://www.casexx.com/Library/TangStamp.asp

It’s a 1982 has Delrin handles with scratches which hurts it. Value should be around $60, I am going to pass on it. Interesting knife though and thanks for the offer

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/18/20 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by workn4livn
Originally Posted by Skinny

It’s a 1982 has Delrin handles with scratches which hurts it. Value should be around $60, I am going to pass on it. Interesting knife though and thanks for the offer

I am going to price it at $100,000.00 OBO laugh So $70.00 will take take it from me, no shipping fee.
I just remembered I had it in the back of the drawer, so I figured I would toss it out there. I'm not a Case collector, I go for older stuff.

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/18/20 03:27 AM

Skinny, I appreciate you digging it out of your sock drawer for me
Posted By: BigCountry062307

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/18/20 01:37 PM

Been collecting for my boys for yrs. I dont have any one full set but a ammo can slam full of different case knives. My boys get upset with me because I dont let them look and play with them. I told them when I'm gone they can do whatever they want with them, hopefully keep em

Re: ISO Case XX Knives - 10/26/20 02:04 AM

I'm still in the market for case xx knives.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM