Aldeer.com

Part time - Huntsville student

Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Part time - Huntsville student - 08/14/20 02:59 AM

Grandson is on campus at UAH and needs a part time job as close to campus as possible. He’s got too much brains for his own good but them schools seem to want that. Anyway, he’s socially awkward but loyal and is hunting an entry level position. Doesn’t drive.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Part time - Huntsville student - 08/14/20 02:01 PM

What grade is he? What is his degree? If he is a jr or sr co-op an option?
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Part time - Huntsville student - 08/14/20 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by CatHeadBiscuit
Grandson is on campus at UAH and needs a part time job as close to campus as possible. He’s got too much brains for his own good but them schools seem to want that. Anyway, he’s socially awkward but loyal and is hunting an entry level position. Doesn’t drive.

What about tutoring?

Re: Part time - Huntsville student - 08/14/20 03:21 PM

He’s a freshman fresh off the bus from the hills. Just getting his start in life. His scholarship requires him to hold down a part time job. Computer Science is his major. Just learned there’s a max of 15 hrs per week restriction
Posted By: Ron A.

Re: Part time - Huntsville student - 08/14/20 03:45 PM

has he checked on any jobs on campus?

Re: Part time - Huntsville student - 08/14/20 03:50 PM

He’s a socially awkward egghead and got what he thought was a job but turned out to be a sophisticated Nigerian scam. He put into the UAH system his email address and got phished into a mess. His dad got it shutdown before he ended up pulling a bank fraud by proxy. So that put him behind the eight ball on getting a campus job like in the cafeteria or whatever. Those jobs got snatched up quick.
Posted By: TDunson

Re: Part time - Huntsville student - 08/14/20 04:16 PM

In all honesty...thats not the safest part of town to be walking around much. The largest of the Recue Missions is close by and the streets are littered with unsavory characters all parts of the day. He needs to keep his head on a swivel.

Re: Part time - Huntsville student - 08/14/20 04:32 PM

Yep he needs to find a job sweeping floors on the weekends on campus.
Posted By: TDunson

Re: Part time - Huntsville student - 08/14/20 05:10 PM

I don't work far from there. I'll send you my number. If he ever is in a pickle and needs something dont hesitate to reach out to me.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Part time - Huntsville student - 08/14/20 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by sweet-t
In all honesty...thats not the safest part of town to be walking around much. The largest of the Recue Missions is close by and the streets are littered with unsavory characters all parts of the day. He needs to keep his head on a swivel.

I agree.

Re: Part time - Huntsville student - 08/14/20 07:33 PM

Wow right beside all the technology businesses and within a couple hundred yards of the rocket center.

With a max of 15 hrs limitation I think the best thing for him would be to get a weekend single location janitorial position. Put in 5 or 6 hrs a week and concentrate on the grades. He’s got scholastic and testing based scholarships so he’s not gonna starve. His main job is to cram that big brain full and come out with marketable knowledge or enough scholarships/grants to keep going as far down the rabbit hole as he desires.

I think I’ll send a bicycle and a chain lock up there this weekend to give him some transportation.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Part time - Huntsville student - 08/14/20 08:28 PM

Too b ad he doesn't drive. If he did he could do Door Dash. Both my kids do it for spending money and average $20 an hour. They stay around the promenade area in Alabaster where all the restaurants are. Average only about 30 miles on their car when they do it. Not a bad gig.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM