Aldeer.com

Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront

Posted By: BOFF

Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 01:04 AM

For Sale by Owner

35+\- acres Sipsey River with 1/2 mile waterfront

Sipsey River 35+\- acres with 1/2 mile waterfront and concrete boat ramp located at Cotton Bridge off Romulas Road on the Greene County side.

Beautiful hardwoods and great access to the Sipsey River with its terraced banks. With the higher terraced banks it has little flooding, other than during the 100 year flood. 1/4 mile paved road (vacated to owner) by the water on the Northern section, and roughly a 1/4 mile dirt road by the water on the Southern section.

It has a green field and the Southern end has a cut in it from the Sipsey which feeds a slough which wraps around the eastern side. A sluice gate could easily be put in this cut to have the slough be a duck hole even when the water level is poor. Currently the slough dries up during Summer weather..

Multiple house/cabin sites throughout the property. Power runs down Romulas road by edge of property.

It is one of the few areas on the Sipsey River with a concrete boat ramp. Due to the many freshwater mussels in the Sipsey, and other aquatic life, it's very difficult and expensive to have a boat launch put in with the current restrictions and conditions to be met by the Corps of Engineers.

This property has 2640+/- feet of water front. A current 1 acre tract with 100 ft of waterfront on today's market for major rivers/waterways is $25,000 plus. This could easily be divided and sold in lots, keeping the boat launch, which is in the middle of the property, as a community launch.

For sale at $135,000 which is way below market value of 1 acre lots with 100 feet of waterfront, on any of the rivers.

Showing by appointment only.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

God Bless,
David B.

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 01:04 AM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: fedex

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 01:36 AM

Man that’s nice
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 02:02 AM

Wheweee I'd love to own that. What county is that in?
Posted By: Acorn

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 02:10 AM

I bet I’m not the only one on here that’s jumped off that bridge. Watched a buddy slip on the rope swing and land on a bunch on Cyprus knees too
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin

Greene County. Pickens County is on the other side of the river.

Originally Posted by Acorn
I bet I’m not the only one on here that’s jumped off that bridge. Watched a buddy slip on the rope swing and land on a bunch on Cyprus knees too

You would be correct. Jumped off that bridge and swung off that swing a many of times in my younger years. Floated from there to the next bridge on Lewiston Road about 12 or 13 years ago. Beautiful country.
Posted By: James

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 02:29 AM

Wheweee I'd love to own that.

Yep....
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 03:13 AM

Beautiful property! Somebody gonna buy a piece of Paradise. If only I'd been born wealthy instead of .......

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 03:15 AM

As Shaw posted, it's in the top North end of Greene county at the county line, which is the Sipsey river. Pickens county is the other side of the river across the property.

Dropped pin
Near Greene County, AL 35462

https://goo.gl/maps/SK3whcHFCQmsdmYr5

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: M48scout

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 03:44 AM

That looks beautiful. I wish I could swing it. GLWS!
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 03:49 AM

Wheweee I'd love to own that
Posted By: inatree

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 10:59 AM

Man that's nice. I'd love to own that right there.
Posted By: Acorn

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Shaw

You would be correct. Jumped off that bridge and swung off that swing a many of times in my younger years. Floated from there to the next bridge on Lewiston Road about 12 or 13 years ago. Beautiful country.

How long was that trip? Overnight? I’ve started at Lewiston before and taken out on private land.
Posted By: Reaper

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by inatree
Man that's nice. I'd love to own that right there.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 02:22 PM

How long was that trip? Overnight? I’ve started at Lewiston before and taken out on private land.

We did it in a canoe. Took us all day with very little fishing and only saw 2 snakes.
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 05:09 PM

Pin didn’t work on google, what road is that through it?
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote
Beautiful property! Somebody gonna buy a piece of Paradise. If only I'd been born wealthy instead of .......

Ugly? LOL
Posted By: James

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 05:46 PM

Owner finance with 10 grand down? 😁 Does it flood bad?
Posted By: Morris

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 05:49 PM

Nice piece of property. James I’d be in on that also. 😃
Posted By: rackhunter'

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 05:58 PM

Yep pretty much was all flooded about a month ago when we had all that rain.

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/15/19 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by rackhunter'
Yep pretty much was all flooded about a month ago when we had all that rain.

I've never seen this property totally flooded. I've seen the water to be at the upper bank, and over the lower terraces next to the water. I've seen the slough filled in, but the paved road on the property next to the water, used to be the main road. It was built up accordingly. The road has been vacated and deeded to me. I've never seen the lower dirt road with water over it either, except in one place which is several feet lower.

I still would expect the 100 year flood to cover it though.

God Bless,
David B.

Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/16/19 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by James
Owner finance with 10 grand down? 😁 Does it flood bad?

I'll put $10,005 down as long you'll put it on a 50yr note at 1% lol

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/25/19 04:36 PM

Fishing time and summer time!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: Ruskie

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 05/25/19 06:52 PM

WOW! I have great memories of this area. First time I ever went deer hunting was across the street from the property. My childhood friends dad was a Birmingham Police officer and belonged to the Sipsey River Hunting Club. At that time the club was made up of basically BHAM Police officers. I later joined the club after high school. Hunted from the late 70’s to around 1988 in the club. There was a local club they met at the little store called Browning’s just back east of the Bridge. Looking at the aerial picture where MLK highway intersects Cotton Bridge Rd we called it the Y. We did a lot of dog hunting back then. The two fields on both sides of MLK hwy were great evening stands for still hunting. Dogs would run the deer down and sometimes across the river in the mornings. You could catch the deer slipping back in the late afternoon. Wish I could invest in this property. Thanks David

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 06/18/19 01:37 PM

Up.

God Bless
David B.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 06/18/19 02:07 PM

Is there a house on it? I dont see any houses anywhere on the aerial you posted but then you mentioned 1 acre lots?? Are there houses up and down the river from there?

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 06/18/19 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2
Is there a house on it? I dont see any houses anywhere on the aerial you posted but then you mentioned 1 acre lots?? Are there houses up and down the river from there?

No houses on this property. It currently is not divided into lots.

I'm just referring to most "river" lots on navigable deep waters for 1 acre lots with 100 feet of waterfront run $25,000 and up.
If someone wants to divide this up they could.

For example. 1/2 mile water front is 2640 feet of water front.
Take the bridge (for reference) being an imaginary line separating the North and South side of property.
There are +/- 11 acres North of bridge and +/- 24 acres South of bridge.
Take out 600 feet of waterfront - 300 feet being on both sides of bridge, so the concrete launch is included in a common area for everyone on property. This way everyone has the use of boat ramp.

So for simple purposes and rounding out for easy numbers there would be more than 9 acres and 1000 feet of water front on "North side" and more than 20 acres with 1000 feet of waterfront on "South side".

Divide the North side into 3 lots - Each having 3 plus acres of 330 feet of waterfront. Sell each lot at $50,000 = $150,000
Divide the South side into 5 lots - Each having 4 plus acres of 200 feet of waterfront. Sell each lot at $45,000 = $225,000

That's $375,000 - $135,000 (selling price) = $240,000 profit, minus your expenses of survey, time, etc.

I'm not a developer, and I may be missing something, but that's some random, fair numbers I was thinking of when looking at the property to divide it.

I may do this myself, but I know there is someone who would prefer to have the whole place to themselves.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 06/18/19 03:49 PM

I wish that was on the east side of the state I would figure out some way to buy it
Posted By: 3Gs

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 06/18/19 05:50 PM

That's a beautiful place you got there. Somebody will eventually jump on that!
It's a nice area and I have fished from around that bridge many times in the 1990's.

Me, rebelpiper and WinMod.70 used to hunt just up the road from there at the junction of 208 and 183,
in the old Buckstop Hunting Club (me) and the Double Springs Hunting Club (them).
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 06/18/19 09:15 PM

Looks like you could kill a duck or three down there too. Tempting....

Dr. B

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 06/18/19 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
Looks like you could kill a duck or three down there too. Tempting....

Dr. B

Already a cut from the river to a slough on the bottom east side where a sluice gate could be placed to keep the water in when the river is low.

God Bless,
David B.

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 07/06/19 06:56 PM

Still available.

God Bless,
David B.

Re: Sipsey River 1/2 mile Waterfront - 08/12/19 05:23 PM

Take all the friends and family and jump in 1/2 mile of personal water front on the Sipsey River to cool off!!

Still available.

God Bless,
David B.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM