Aldeer.com

ISO Dirt bike or 4 wheeler for son

Posted By: Kbrewhunter1

ISO Dirt bike or 4 wheeler for son - 02/11/19 11:16 AM

Looking for a used dirt bike for my 10 year old to ride. I would really like a Honda CFR 110. I need it to be mechanically sound because I am not handy with small engines
Posted By: basspro527

Re: ISO Dirt bike or 4 wheeler for son - 02/11/19 02:01 PM

Xr 100 are bullet proof also if you can find a good shape older one, if the don’t knock or smoke they are ready to ride! You would have to try to mess up a Honda product,
Posted By: Kbrewhunter1

Re: ISO Dirt bike or 4 wheeler for son - 02/11/19 03:49 PM

Well I’ll look into that. Do you have any leads on those for sale? I guess it doesn’t matter to me what brand it is. I just want it to be fun for my son to ride and not a money pit
Posted By: doekiller

Re: ISO Dirt bike or 4 wheeler for son - 02/11/19 04:41 PM

My son's first bike was an XR100. It is going to be a lot bigger than the 110 size wise. It is the same size as the current 125. So, it depends on his height. The 110 is really small. My son started riding his XR when he was 10. They are great bikes and will run for ever and are easy to fix.

The things to look for when buying a used kids bike are:

The air filter (does it even have one, you would be amazed how many people take them out and never put them back in)
The sprockets and chain
If the front forks are leaking
does it smoke or knock
check the oil and see if it looks like it has ever been changed

Other than that, everything can be worked on and fixed without much trouble. I only have experience with Honda and Yamaha. But, youth bikes tend to not be cared for, so you have to be careful when buying them.
Posted By: Brownitsdown

Re: ISO Dirt bike or 4 wheeler for son - 02/12/19 11:58 AM

I have an XR100 that I would sell if interested.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM