Aldeer.com

WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's

Posted By: thirtyotsix

WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/16/18 10:25 PM

If anyone has one they would like to sell, please send me a PM.
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/17/18 08:42 AM

You probably gonna have to check eBay for that.
Posted By: blade

Re: WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/17/18 09:57 AM

I have one that used to be on an old 742 woodsmaster. Not for sale tho. Lots of rounds went under that old scope. its pretty hazy now.
Posted By: XVIII

Re: WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/17/18 10:09 AM

Originally Posted By: blade
I have one that used to be on an old 742 woodsmaster. Not for sale tho. Lots of rounds went under that old scope. its pretty hazy now.

me too...742 woodmaster carbine in 30-06 with redfield wideview 3-9. mom bought the gun for my father for their first anniversary...dad added the scope later.

both are priceless to me anyway smile

as mentioned, these show up on ebay and the fire pretty regularly
Posted By: DaBreeze

Re: WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/17/18 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: XVII

me too...742 woodmaster carbine in 30-06 with redfield wideview 3-9. mom bought the gun for my father for their first anniversary...dad added the scope later.

Same here. My first deer rifle bought around 1973. I spent $400 on it last year having it totally restored.
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/17/18 10:51 AM

edited:

never mind I didn't realize mine said "Winfield" - dang Japs are tricky with their knock offs...
Posted By: PRB

Re: WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/17/18 11:27 AM

Those are good old scopes.

I have one on a Ruger m77 30-06. The rifle and scope were bought for my dad by my grandmother, who passed away when I was a year old. That was almost forty years ago. I killed my first deer with it and have killed a truckload with it since. I don't hunt with it often anymore but wouldn't hesitate to take it to the woods today.
Posted By: level5

Re: WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/18/18 10:58 PM

I got a 2 x 7 wide angle somewhere around here. those crosshairs have been on a lot of deer.
Posted By: BigUncleLeroy

Re: WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/19/18 01:39 PM

Ironsights Inc will rework/repair them for you. It's 92$ and several months turnaround though. They did two vintage Redfield TK Lee dot scopes for me last fall.
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/19/18 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: DaBreeze

Originally Posted By: XVII

Same here. My first deer rifle bought around 1973. I spent $400 on it last year having it totally restored.

Where did you have it restored? I have one that belonged to my dad that has a rangefinder built in it. I’d love to get it restored
Posted By: Dallas County

Re: WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/19/18 06:45 PM

I think Redfield will repair it for shipping costs. I sent one back with a broke reticle and it only cost $6.99. It that was a few years back.
Posted By: blade

Re: WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/19/18 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Dallas County
I think Redfield will repair it for shipping costs. I sent one back with a broke reticle and it only cost $6.99. It that was a few years back.

Thanks Dallas County. It’d be cool to mount it up and bust something with it.
Posted By: XVIII

Re: WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/19/18 10:57 PM

Here u go

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread...ield-3-9#UNREAD
Posted By: gundoc

Re: WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/19/18 11:56 PM

I know where one is with the accu range reticle. It's currently mounted on a rifle and it is very reliable. If you're still looking for one PM me. I'll see if my father in law is still interested in selling it.
Posted By: thirtyotsix

Re: WTB Redfield 3x9 Wideview Scope from the 70's - 01/20/18 12:03 AM

Thank for the heads up
© 2024 ALDEER.COM