Aldeer.com

Wanted - Marlin MX mxlr xlr

Posted By: Mudlife450

Wanted - Marlin MX mxlr xlr - 04/13/17 06:01 PM

Looking for all calibers of the Marlin MX mxlr and xlr series. Located in Alabaster but travel all over. Pm me if you have something. Thanks
Posted By: DeadEye17

Re: Wanted - Marlin MX mxlr xlr - 04/13/17 06:13 PM

I'm always on the lookout for those same models of the Marlin lever actions. In Stainless. Expensive, and hard to find a good one. When I do find one, it always seems to be just when my finances are on the low side!

Re: Wanted - Marlin MX mxlr xlr - 04/13/17 08:17 PM

I know what you mean. I managed to find a new in box jm stamped 308mx the other day so it came home. Only stainless I have so far is the 308mxlr. By far my favorite gun

Re: Wanted - Marlin MX mxlr xlr - 04/13/17 09:35 PM

I was in a "Field & Stream" store I came upon (I'd never heard of that name before that) in Mobile not long ago, and the excellent sales guy there let me fondle and cycle a Stainless 45/70 XLR (?)Guide gun(?). OOOH Baby! Talk about sweet. I've worked on lever action rifles for a year to get them to cycle as buttery smooth as this one was just sitting there new on the rack! The poor guy was probably a little miffed at having to clean off all the drool I got all over the rifle! But it was stainless. It could take it.
If you aren't a lever-action fan, a sweet rifle like that could make you one in short order!

Re: Wanted - Marlin MX mxlr xlr - 04/13/17 10:33 PM

That's right. There is a field and stream store here. Didn't know there was one in mobile. They are owned by dicks sporting goods. I never really liked dicks but I do kinda like field and stream for a box store setup. But if you like Marlin levers these are an addiction

Re: Wanted - Marlin MX mxlr xlr - 04/14/17 10:57 PM

Boy, that could've been me writing your last post, word for word. Never was fond of Dick's, but I have to admit, both my wife and I liked Field & Stream. And she's like Mikey, she hates everything!

It might not have been Mobile proper; heck, we might be talking about the same store. I don't know the town lines in these parts. Just starting to get to know which way is up, and I spend most of my time in the Spanish Fort/Daphne and Bay Minette region. It was off 65, I think, right about where you exit to head out to the airport. Maybe where 90 crosses, if I recall. Yeah, that's it. I just looked at a map, but it said it was Mertz.

Re: Wanted - Marlin MX mxlr xlr - 04/23/17 09:18 PM

Bump
© 2024 ALDEER.COM