Aldeer.com

WTB Project Jeep (open top)

Posted By: fishingbucks

WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/22/17 02:08 PM

Looking for an old one to restore that's not too far gone. A rolling chassis is good to. PM me.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/22/17 05:10 PM

Might want to specific what model your looking for.

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/22/17 11:09 PM

No particular model just an open top Jeep from a Willys all the way to a wrangler. CJ2A, m38a1, cj 5, cj7, wrangler. Doesnt really matter.
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/22/17 11:12 PM

CJ7 on Mobile Craigslist with a V8. Will need a fiberglass tub or some serious metalwork due to rust though.

I was interested but don't know if it was a Quadratrac transfer case example. I wouldn't have one of those.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/23/17 06:52 AM

If you could sneak up on a undiscovered CJ6 that's been in a barn for 30-40 years you'd have a really cool ride.
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/23/17 08:27 AM

I had a cj6 about 4 yrs ago. Had the "F" head motor. Paid $100 for it because it wouldnt run. Had a what looked like a factory pto winch. I sold it for $600 and the guy that bought it has been restoring it ever since i think all he likes now was a soft
Posted By: Blessed

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/23/17 08:52 AM

Nice jeep in Jasper FSBO i have been seeing on my way in to work .
Posted By: TenX

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/24/17 04:34 PM

I had a Wills 1950 CJ3A but I sold it back in 1979. Wish I hadn't.
Posted By: HippieKiller

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/24/17 04:51 PM

What's the budget?
Posted By: HBWALKER14

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/24/17 05:02 PM

here you go.

http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/5946701369.html

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/24/17 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: HippieKiller
What's the budget?

I'm embarrassed to say. After looking around I'm actually very surprised what people are asking especially for one not running and needing lots of work which is what I'm looking for really. I guess I'm old school. That's why I'll never buy a new truck either.
Posted By: inatree

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/24/17 06:20 PM

I m right there with you. People pay the high price so they ask for a stupid amount
Posted By: chad1980

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/24/17 07:27 PM

I sold a 2003 Wrangler last year with 71,000 miles for 12,500. Now it was clean but i never imagined i would get that for it.
I paid 14000 for it 3 years before, sold the hard top for 1000. So i was out 500.00 on the deal it was worth it to me.
Posted By: Reno

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/24/17 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: fishingbucks

Originally Posted By: HippieKiller
What's the budget?

I'm embarrassed to say. After looking around I'm actually very surprised what people are asking especially for one not running and needing lots of work which is what I'm looking for really. I guess I'm old school. That's why I'll never buy a new truck either.

Its not just jeeps.. look at what decent square body chevy truck is bringing these days and if your sitting down look at first gen dodge truck w/12 valve cummins engine.

Im like you.. i like old chit
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/24/17 11:52 PM

If your looking for a builder look at the yj's "square head light wrangler" they can be had right. The cj's are untouchable unless you got deep pockets even for a ruff one.
Posted By: bamachem

Re: WTB Project Jeep (open top) - 01/25/17 11:32 AM

I have a 1979 CJ7 with 304v8 that's been stripped down to the bare metal and is currently being prepped for paint. Both rear corners and tailgate already replaced. Two small patches at footwell, and a couple inside where the old roll bar was mounted. Otherwise the original body is in very good condition. Has dry-rotten 35s on it, but comes with a set of used Goodyear 33's I was going to put on it after paint. Two sets of OEM seats, new fender flares, a complete 77 dash panel (previous owner ripped out original dash), SS hardware kit, etc.

Currently it's been stripped of paint, skim coated on about half the body and in primer. Will need a little bit of body prep, followed by paint, then all the pretty stuff. Haven't gone through any of the drivetrain but drove it to the house after purchase and it ran/drove fine.

No top, no back seat.

Runs and drives, but definitely a project. Do the work yourself and finish it out for about $2k-$3k depending on what you buy. Pay someone and you might pay $5k range. Would be worth mid teens when finished.

I'm looking at just getting out from under it at $4k. Went in with a buddy on it. Since we bought it, his Mom passed away and 6 weeks later his dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer so we won't work on it any time soon.

Located in Fairhope on the coast. Cell is 251-300-9055.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM