Aldeer.com

Deer rattler

Posted By: Dead_eye_Dane

Deer rattler - 11/30/15 05:03 PM

Please help me out I am looking to buy a deer rattler. I would like to know which kind is the best to buy that is in the market now. Can be rattle box, rattle bag etc
Posted By: Ike McCaslin

Re: Deer rattler - 11/30/15 05:22 PM

The Rat-L-Trap is the only way to go.
Posted By: akbejeepin

Re: Deer rattler - 11/30/15 06:41 PM

I have witnessed 2 Mature bucks go at it for several minutes at Cades Coves. The bags and contraptions at the stores do not sound like what I heard.

I would use real antlers. Field and stream sells pairs of actual antlers with the brow tines cut off. That's what I would get if I didn't have a set laying around.

I also would not buy a set of antlers that are from a unrealistic buck from your area. My opinion is that a pair from a 200" deer are not going to sound realistic in an area that only hold 100" deer. They sound very different. My 2 cents. I have had some success rattling but not like some on here. Maybe some of them will chime in.
Posted By: Dead_eye_Dane

Re: Deer rattler - 11/30/15 08:00 PM

Thanks guys awesome
Posted By: SMB44

Re: Deer rattler - 11/30/15 10:22 PM

I use the black rack and it has worked for me. My son, who was 8 at the time, rattled in and killed a 6 point with them last year.
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Deer rattler - 12/01/15 12:58 AM

I'm going to go with akbejeepin on this one. I've used natural antlers taken from deer in my area, and had bucks RUN to me before. Never had any luck with anything else.
Posted By: skintback

Re: Deer rattler - 12/01/15 03:40 PM

I agree. i have an 8 point set that I use. The bags, boxes, synthetic antlers don't seem to get a response much around here, for me anyway.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM