Aldeer.com

I'm losing count...

Posted By: Bamabucks14

I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 08:05 PM

Of how many of these I've killed. I've just started calling cause I really enjoy predator hunting. Usually I just sit and will see one eventually. I missed 2 Monday evening. Real tough shots on running targets. I just put a Ruger American predator in 22-250 on layaway. Anyways this was a real exciting hunt. Hit the calls a few times had some deer pass by and then right at dark this guy came out from my left. Was prob. 25 yards away. Reached for my Mossy 500 20 gauge and let a slug fly at his head. I had my deer rifle with me but carry the shotgun case they are right up on ya, it paid off! He lost his jaw, and brain.
View

Tossed him and got brains on me... sick
Posted By: sj22

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 08:11 PM

Kilimaw man, good shot
Posted By: paulfish4570

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 08:21 PM

well done ...
Posted By: Marlin_444

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 08:25 PM

Good Coyote is a Dead Coyote...

Good shooting!!!
Posted By: mike35549

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Marlin_444
Good Coyote is a Dead Coyote...

Good shooting!!!

For sure.
Posted By: Klow53

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 08:40 PM

what kind of call are you using? I'm thinkin about gettin an electronic call to lay out some yotes
Posted By: newbie

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 08:55 PM

We bought a FoxPro electronic call last year. And my hubby bought me a Ruger American 22-250 for Christmas. Can't wait to use both.
Posted By: Hammerdown

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 09:25 PM

Good yote
Posted By: Remington270

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: newbie
We bought a FoxPro electronic call last year. And my hubby bought me a Ruger American 22-250 for Christmas. Can't wait to use both.

I hope you're a girl rofl
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 09:32 PM

thumbup
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 09:42 PM

That's how you do it. Good job! beers
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 09:44 PM

Layaway? You should be shooting coyotes with it now.

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Klow53
what kind of call are you using? I'm thinkin about gettin an electronic call to lay out some yotes

Primos distress call. I have a cheap electronic call buts it's not loud enough, I rigged it up to some computer speakers and a battery once but it sounded Lik crap. Until I can buy a nice fox pro or something I'll just use the mouth call.

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
Layaway? You should be shooting coyotes with it now.

Ha I know I know, hopefully I'll have it and some nice glass by the time they have pups, I'll use a pup in distress call, hopefully I'll have a fox pro by then too laugh
Until then my mossy 500 And MarkII 7mm rem mag will have to do
Posted By: Clem

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 10:57 PM

Bamabucks, you might like this one: http://www.shopdeerhunting.com/icotec-gc300-electronic-game-caller
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 11:09 PM

Man if that mouth call is working stick with it.
Posted By: trox28

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 11:31 PM

I got a primos power dogg I've had for years.I have been skunked the last 2 days running it but i havent been there at daylight or dark.Sit till bout 4:45 day before yesterday afternoon but had to come out and go to ball practice and went this morning bout 7:45 after i dropped the daughter off at school.Im goin back in the morning after i drop her off to a different spot then will be sitting till dark tomorrow afternoon.I've had great luck calling in hawks and dogs and even found a empty hornets nest this morning i got and brought home so atleast i didnt come home empty handed.Keep up the good work Bamabuck thumbup
Posted By: PRB

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Remington270
Originally Posted By: newbie

I hope you're a girl rofl

Nah, that's KREGER or pab incognito. grin
Posted By: Morris

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 11:50 PM

thumbup
Posted By: booner270

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/04/15 11:53 PM

dayum thats a bloody arse head. good job thinning the pack

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/05/15 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Clem

I didn't know you could get a nice one for that price, I'll def. check it ou. Thanks Clem

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/05/15 08:50 AM

Originally Posted By: trox28
I got a primos power dogg I've had for years.I have been skunked the last 2 days running it but i havent been there at daylight or dark.Sit till bout 4:45 day before yesterday afternoon but had to come out and go to ball practice and went this morning bout 7:45 after i dropped the daughter off at school.Im goin back in the morning after i drop her off to a different spot then will be sitting till dark tomorrow afternoon.I've had great luck calling in hawks and dogs and even found a empty hornets nest this morning i got and brought home so atleast i didnt come home empty handed.Keep up the good work Bamabuck thumbup

Good luck Trox, the field you see in the first picture is what I call the "predator field". It's crazy how many coyotes, Bobcats, coons, Hawks etc in that one area. It's a pretty low field and the woods it connects to are real swampy too. I sit on the edge of the berm of our reservoir in the weeds and call. I've shot a couple nice bucks it that field too. must be a lot of rabbits or something cause the highways the yotes have around there are crazy.
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/05/15 08:51 AM

Never seen coyotes like this year and last year. Everybody needs to ease up on deer and lay a bunch of them down!
Posted By: forten

Re: I'm losing count... - 02/05/15 08:23 PM

Well done. Keep on with the nice shooting.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM