Aldeer.com

Work for so much for so little

Posted By: roltide

Work for so much for so little - 02/01/15 06:40 PM

When all you work for is all but lost is a HUGE letdown! I posted about a month ago I was looking for land for me and my dad and couple close friends to lease. Although I am currently in a pretty good hunting club. I enjoy going out and in the spring time, climbing up on my tractor and planting summer plots to help maintain and contribute to our deer heard. We do the same, of course, for fall and winter. But and that's a big BUT! When the club that joins u, that is supposed to be on the same program, that being, 3 1/2 year old and better, are not abiding by the lease contract and you are, it really hurts! It's really discouraging when they, (being the joining club) are not contributing to what's supposed to be a deer management program. We re supposed to be a team on the same page so everyone can look forward to having the opportunity to take trophy deer. It really hurts seeing small buck after small buck hit the ground and they even go as far to say they're a wildlife managing club BUT! That's where the management stops! Guidelines being 6 point with a 12 inch spread is not exactly wildlife management. I can't grasp the concept.... LET EM GO THEY WILL GROW
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/01/15 07:52 PM

It definitely can be discouraging when you have a situation like yours since I have seen a lot of people shoot deer just so the people on the neighboring property won't have a chance at killing it. I have had to deal with a similar situation. It also sucks when you kill the biggest buck of your life and then everyone that hunts within a 2 mile radius of you is pissed off and says "He killed my deer that I been watching for 3 years" like the deer had their name branded on it. They can say what they want it doesn't bother me because in the end I put in the time and effort and he's hanging on my wall.
Posted By: JBL

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/01/15 08:51 PM

I hate to hear that. I can certainaly feel for you. I never will understand why so many people want to kill small juvenile deer. I know many people around my area who believe that what makes a good hunter is the ability to kill a large qty of deer. These people know no concept of animal maturity. It's a notch in their belt to say "I got my limit this year". You can see them beaming with pride when they say it. Always discouraging to hear it.... Everyone that knows me knows I trophy hunt and don't just take one for the heck of it. One of these guys recently said to me "we're going to get you A deer this year". All I can think is wow. Just wow.
Posted By: WhiteCityHunter

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/01/15 08:56 PM

This is where deer hunting has gone WAY wrong. Grown men fighting over damn pine goats. Its pretty funny and downright pathetic at the same time. A deer isn't gonna make a hill of beans difference in anybodys life, but talking to some hunters you'd think nothing else exists.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/01/15 08:59 PM

I don't think I exactly understand your lease. Both your and the neighboring club signed a lease contract that says you are not suppose to shoot anything younger than a 3 1/2 old deer? If so, then contact the ownership of the land and file a complaint, they might lose their lease.
Posted By: Reaper

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/01/15 09:01 PM

Posted By: hawgwild

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/01/15 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: JBL
I hate to hear that. I can certainaly feel for you. I never will understand why so many people want to kill small juvenile deer. I know many people around my area who believe that what makes a good hunter is the ability to kill a large qty of deer. These people know no concept of animal maturity. It's a notch in their belt to say "I got my limit this year". You can see them beaming with pride when they say it. Always discouraging to hear it.... Everyone that knows me knows I trophy hunt and don't just take one for the heck of it. One of these guys recently said to me "we're going to get you A deer this year". All I can think is wow. Just wow.
What I don't understand is why people like yourself want to knock somebody else for what they shoot. If its legal and a man wants to shoot it, what's the problem? You hunt how you want to hunt and let everybody else hunt how they want to hunt. If your not happy with what the adjoining property is doing, find you another place to hunt.
Posted By: ford150man

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/01/15 09:45 PM

Now hawgwild, don't come up in here making sense and having good points. grin
Posted By: CeeHawk37

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/01/15 09:46 PM

I'm right there with ya hawgwild. You can't control what others do. Hunt and have fun. Can't eat the antlers anyways..
Posted By: hunterturf

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/01/15 09:48 PM

Different strokes for different folks. It sucks but if I paid the dues on the adjoining club and I wanted to kill a deer that met the club standards but not your standards.....youre just going to have to be mad. For the record it pisses me off too. When I was about 10, me and my dad were hunting a huge field and only a thin strip of woods separated our property from the neighboring club . The smallest 8 point ive ever seen walked out and chased a doe around for a good 15 minutes with me begging my dad to let me shoot. We were 8 pt or better club and he was legal for me to shoot but got the no he is too young /small speech which really pissed me off at the time He chased the doe thru the strip of woods and no more than got out of sight and BAMMMMM.

At the end of the day you have to remember this is a hobby, not a job or means of survival. Be thankful you have the health and finances to enjoy what free time you have with friends and family.
Posted By: James

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Reaper
Posted By: trox28

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 09:41 AM

If someone's legally killing deer on they're own property or lease they pay for its nobody elses business.Trophy hunting has turned way to many hunters into idiot ass greedy basterds.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: trox28
If someone's legally killing deer on they're own property or lease they pay for its nobody elses business.Trophy hunting has turned way to many hunters into idiot ass greedy basterds.

Ain't that the dang truth

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 09:51 AM

Ummmm.... Read the entire post before u comment... Just saying. Maybe the trophy minded folks on this forum are not the idiots here. But opinions are like ass holes, some just stink worse than others! We and our surrounding clubs lease from the same timber company and it's in the lease contract 3 1/2 year old and older on bucks. Our lease agent has been contacted and it's being investigated. Thank goodness
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 10:55 AM

Waste your time no one cares! That is the mentality you got, so just go brown it's down on them and see how quick they turn on you! You doing all the work and they are enjoying the fruits of your labor! Been there no thank you!

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 11:11 AM

Yeah, and this was the whole reason I joined my club two years ago was because of us and surrounding clubs are "supposed" to be on same Westervelt program but obviously that's not the case seeing as how the joining club has posted numerous pictures of spikes , little 6 points etc... That are not 3 1/2 year old bucks. If u wanna eat shoot a freaking doe, there plentiful and game wardens even say they need thinning out.....
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 11:31 AM

I feel your pain. You fellas that are saying not to worry about others methods, need to read the dang post. You can bet your ass if I join a lease that is part of a wildlife cooperative in the leasing agreement, you damn well better follow it. If I was in your position tide, I'd send letters to each and every member of that club. I'd copy the part of the agreement that they were breaking, mention instances in which you have proof that they broke them, etc. Then I'd tell them to change it or you go to the leasing company.
Posted By: SkiTar

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 11:35 AM

I agree with the OP in that it is disappointing to put in time and effort, have rules in place and then have grown ass men blatantly disregard the rules. Everyone makes a mistake from time to time but some people agree to the rules and then break them. However, I also believe we have a responsibility to introduce youth into the sport. Part of that responsibility is making sure the youth remain interested and experience a little success.

If I were in complete control of the rules on a lease I would say that all adult members get 1 doe (meat in the freezer) and 3 mature bucks a year. Mature being at least 8 points outside the ears with big bodies of 190lbs+. That would insure that the bucks taken would be at least 3.5 years old. I would allow additional does taken with a bow up to 2. Now for the exception, as stated above, I believe we have a responsibility to introduce and cultivate an interest in hunting for our youth. But i also think we should teach our youth responsible management so here is what I would propose. Kids are held to the same standards as the adults but if it gets to the second week of January and a youth member has not killed a buck, I would drop their standard down to 6 points and outside the ears for the last three weeks. I would also encourage that the club identify "Cull" bucks at the start of the season and all members actively help in putting youth members in a position to take out these identified "Cull" bucks. I would post pictures of these culls beside the sign out board along with location/date/time information for each cull. A "cull" would be any MATURE buck with less than 8 points.

And that is what I would do if I were the dictator if a lease, but I'm not. I think it is criminal to teach a kid the "if its brown its down" way of thinking. It teaches the kid to have zero respect for the sport or the game we pursue.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 11:41 AM

Atoler, we went straight to the horses mouth. We have skipped the first step of talking to the club breaking the lease rules because if they're open enough to post all their baby buck kills on a freakin Facebook page and open enough of posting their own rules and stipulations over ruling the timber companies rules then they could give a rats ass in the first place so we figured it wouldn't do any good talking to them directly. If they would just let em make it to the right age range we d all reap the benefits. The genetics are there and awesome potential but not under the circumstances.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 12:38 PM

Maybe your neighbors are doing something better than you at game management if they are killing all "your" deer. Make your place better so the deer don't have to walk over to your neighbors land.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 12:56 PM

jlbuc10, not the case. We can kill the 2 1/2 and younger also. We just don't. They're game management is brown it's down.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: SkiTar
I agree with the OP in that it is disappointing to put in time and effort, have rules in place and then have grown ass men blatantly disregard the rules. Everyone makes a mistake from time to time but some people agree to the rules and then break them. However, I also believe we have a responsibility to introduce youth into the sport. Part of that responsibility is making sure the youth remain interested and experience a little success.

If I were in complete control of the rules on a lease I would say that all adult members get 1 doe (meat in the freezer) and 3 mature bucks a year. Mature being at least 8 points outside the ears with big bodies of 190lbs+. That would insure that the bucks taken would be at least 3.5 years old. I would allow additional does taken with a bow up to 2. Now for the exception, as stated above, I believe we have a responsibility to introduce and cultivate an interest in hunting for our youth. But i also think we should teach our youth responsible management so here is what I would propose. Kids are held to the same standards as the adults but if it gets to the second week of January and a youth member has not killed a buck, I would drop their standard down to 6 points and outside the ears for the last three weeks. I would also encourage that the club identify "Cull" bucks at the start of the season and all members actively help in putting youth members in a position to take out these identified "Cull" bucks. I would post pictures of these culls beside the sign out board along with location/date/time information for each cull. A "cull" would be any MATURE buck with less than 8 points.

And that is what I would do if I were the dictator if a lease, but I'm not. I think it is criminal to teach a kid the "if its brown its down" way of thinking. It teaches the kid to have zero respect for the sport or the game we pursue.
Good luck getting that dream club off the ground there Adolf loco
Posted By: mossyhorns25

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 03:28 PM

Too many good ole boys out there wanting to just shoot hair. I dont understand why a person would wanna kill a small buck. Yea maybe if it's a first deer or something but time and time again. It makes no sense. You have nothing to show for it. If ya need meat, shoot a doe! This is where the state needs to make more buck restrictions and enforce em imo!

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: mossyhorns25
Too many good ole boys out there wanting to just shoot hair. I dont understand why a person would wanna kill a small buck. Yea maybe if it's a first deer or something but time and time again. It makes no sense. You have nothing to show for it. If ya need meat, shoot a doe! This is where the state needs to make more buck restrictions and enforce em imo!
I'll be sure to kill a couple spikes for you next year

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 03:37 PM

I'm selective of what I shoot and let way more bucks walk than I do shoot, but I just don't understand you "Trophy Hunters" who worry so much about what other hunters on other properties are doing. Y'all are what's wrong with hunting nowadays.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 03:46 PM

Go for it buddy. Show your ignorance.
Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 03:49 PM

That's what we need, the state to step in. Since they always make great decisions.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 03:51 PM

Go for it buddy. Show your ignorance.

So its ignorant for a man to shoot two spikes when its completely legal to do so. I'm trying to figure out who the ignorant one is here.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 03:53 PM

Spikes are legal. If that's what you want to kill then do so.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 04:04 PM

Go for it!

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 04:33 PM

Mossyhorns, a few of these guys are EXACTLY what happens when a kid is introduced to the sport and taught the "if its brown, its down" way of thinking. Like you, I have no idea what pleasure someone could get from killing a young immature buck. If meat is what your after, does are much easier to come by. But hey, if you want to turn your property into a low density, little deer crap hole, who am I to judge. Kill'em all and let the next jackass who takes the lease spend a ton of money and multiple years trying to get it back in order. IF you shoot all the little deer you will in short order have very few deer at all.
I know several hunting clubs that it would take 4-5 years with no hunting at all on their property to get them back in order. They simply have a very low density of deer, yet they shoot every single one they see. Its not that I consider myself a "trophy hunter" it is just simply that I like to see deer when I go in the woods and you will not see them if you kill them all.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 04:43 PM

Mossyhorns, a few of these guys are EXACTLY what happens when a kid is introduced to the sport and taught the "if its brown, its down" way of thinking. Like you, I have no idea what pleasure someone could get from killing a young immature buck. If meat is what your after, does are much easier to come by. But hey, if you want to turn your property into a low density, little deer crap hole, who am I to judge. Kill'em all and let the next jackass who takes the lease spend a ton of money and multiple years trying to get it back in order. IF you shoot all the little deer you will in short order have very few deer at all.
I know several hunting clubs that it would take 4-5 years with no hunting at all on their property to get them back in order. They simply have a very low density of deer, yet they shoot every single one they see. Its not that I consider myself a "trophy hunter" it is just simply that I like to see deer when I go in the woods and you will not see them if you kill them all.

Yea what you said is too logical for most to comprehend. Or maybe it's just that they dont care at all.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 09:34 PM

Basically ya'll are the kind of people that think if we don't all hunt the way you do then it's wrong?

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 10:12 PM

Basically ya'll are the kind of people that think if we don't all hunt the way you do then it's wrong?

I'd classify myself as the kind of person that enjoys having a chance of killing mature deer, but just as importantly enjoys having the chance to see deer.

And yes, If a landowner leases land with size specifications, I damn sure expect you to follow them. And in that situation I really don't give a dang what you want.
Posted By: Hunting-231

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/02/15 11:23 PM

To OP - I hear what you are saying, and if the lease is written in such a manner AND they are violating the lease agreement - then do whatever your conscience allows. However, keep in mind that a trophy is in the eye of the beholder and not based on some scoring system or a pulled jawbone.

I would hate to think that someone would call into question a person's first buck (much less a child) and force them to follow the same rules as someone who had harvested several deer. And I'm sure that based on your opening post, this may not be the case.

I know from experience it can be frustrating - our adjoining landowners are killing machines, and on many occasions we have let them walk - just to hear the boom moments after the deer is out of site heading towards the property line. But at the end of the day - it's just a deer and not something that is worth ruining your good time.
Posted By: PEA_RIDGE

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 12:46 AM

YOU KNOW WHAT PLEASURE I GET FROM IT IS.. THE TASTE OF THEM IN MY MOUTH WHEN I EAT THEM.. AND SPEAKING OF PLEASE FROM KILLING A BIG DEER, HOW MANY PICTURES OF MEN HOLDING BIG DEER DO YOU SEE THAT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE JUST COMPLETELY PISSED OFF AT THE WORLD... I TOOK MY NEPHEW HUNTING LAST YEAR AND HE KILLED HIS FIRST DEER (A SPIKE) GOT IT THE CHECK IN STATION (WMA LAND) AND YOU OUGHT TO HAVE HEARD THE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT HIM AND SAYING HE SHOULD HAVE NOT SHOT THAT DEER ITS TO SMALL YADA YADA YADA... MY NEPHEW NOW DOESNT WANT TO GO HUNTING FOR THE FACT HE IS AFFRAID HE WILL BE MADE FUN OF BY GROWN DAMN MEN FOR KILLING A DEER. I MEAN SERIOUSLY HUNT HOW YOU WANT AND MOVE ON

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 01:08 AM

SEE RED TEXT ABOVE..

NOW LOOK AT THIS MANS DEER. http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1246532#Post1246532

ARE YOU SAYING SINCE ITS NOT OUTSIDE THE EARS AND 190+ POUNDS THAT HE SHOULDNT HAVE SHOT IT?? I CONGRATULATE THIS MAN ON A JOB WELL DONE ON A GREAT DEER, IS IT A TROPHY TO SOME OF YOU NO. AND HELL THEY WAY YALL ARE TALKING HE SHOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE FOR EVEN KILLING BUT LIKE I SAID MY HATS OFF TO HIM ON A GREAT DEER
Posted By: CeeHawk37

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 11:30 AM

To the original point, if they are breaking the rules then I'd turn them in. It's not fair to everyone else if they are not following rules. However I get the feeling they are shooting barely legal bucks and that's the issue.

I might be wrong but it seems pretty clear what you can do. If they break the rules get em kicked out of their lease or find another lease that doesn't have this issue if they aren't technically breaking any rules. It could be worse, you could have to pound public land like some of us.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 01:30 PM

Pea Ridge, Now you are just being ridiculous. The deer in your example is probably over 200 lbs., obviously over 8 points and I would say is outside the ears. It is clearly a very MATURE buck. There is NO WAY that deer weighed 154lbs live.

I also think that it is ridiculous for any grown man to have openly questioned a kid, in front of the kid, about having killed a spike. I personally wouldn't teach a kid that it is OK to kill a spike but where you draw the line is a personal opinion. Mine just happens to be 6 points and outside the ears for a kids first buck. If you want to let the kid kill something, there are does everywhere. I just feel it is our responsibility to teach the kids respect for the resource and its my opinion that teaching them that there is no limit on what we harvest is simply wrong.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 02:03 PM

Started a new mineral site last week. I don't shoot any does on the farm, but this 8 month old buck should be some good eating next fall.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: swamp_fever2002
Started a new mineral site last week. I don't shoot any does on the farm, but this 8 month old buck should be some good eating next fall.

I like em when you can skin em and they will fit in a crockpot grin

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 04:52 PM

Its your land, S**T on it if you want to. That first picture speaks a thousand words,

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 05:05 PM

Its your land, S**T on it if you want to. That first picture speaks a thousand words,

And what are you getting out of that first picture, if you don't mind me asking ?
Posted By: jacannon

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 06:21 PM

We don't have a problem with folks killing small bucks because they know they will be hunting somewhere else next year.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 06:47 PM

And what are you getting out of that first picture, if you don't mind me asking ?

This is gonna be good. Somebody pop some popcorn !!

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 07:19 PM

I don't know if the skitar guy has ever had a good ass whooping but he's going to pop off to the wrong person one day.
Posted By: rackdisaster

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 07:33 PM

Aint gonna be no ass whoopin here, somebody gonna get shot!

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 07:40 PM

Oh 5 post skitard fine went up against a legend.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 08:08 PM

Pea Ridge, Now you are just being ridiculous. The deer in your example is probably over 200 lbs., obviously over 8 points and I would say is outside the ears. It is clearly a very MATURE buck. There is NO WAY that deer weighed 154lbs live.

I also think that it is ridiculous for any grown man to have openly questioned a kid, in front of the kid, about having killed a spike. I personally wouldn't teach a kid that it is OK to kill a spike but where you draw the line is a personal opinion. Mine just happens to be 6 points and outside the ears for a kids first buck. If you want to let the kid kill something, there are does everywhere. I just feel it is our responsibility to teach the kids respect for the resource and its my opinion that teaching them that there is no limit on what we harvest is simply wrong.

SO NOW YOU ARE CALLING THE MAN A LIAR ABOUT THE WEIGHT OF THE DEER..

WELL IM NOT HUNTING HORNS, CANT EAT THEM LAST TIME I CHECKED. IF I KILL A GOOD BUCK IM THE HAPPIEST PERSON EVER, IF I KILL A SPIKE A 5 PT AND 10 DOES IM JUST AS HAPPY A TROPHY IS IN THE EYE OF THE HUNTER NOT WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 09:36 PM

Idk what he was getting at, but I'm picturing you hauling azz through that corn field on a little yella 3 wheeler lol

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Atoler

Idk what he was getting at, but I'm picturing you hauling azz through that corn field on a little yella 3 wheeler lol

TO SEE DONALD RIDE THAT 3 WHEELER THRU THE CORN FIELD WIDE OPEN LONG HAIR FLYING IN THE WIND MIGHT BE MORE THEN SOME PEOPLE ON HERE COULD STAND slap

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: PEA_RIDGE

SO NOW YOU ARE CALLING THE MAN A LIAR ABOUT THE WEIGHT OF THE DEER..

WELL IM NOT HUNTING HORNS, CANT EAT THEM LAST TIME I CHECKED. IF I KILL A GOOD BUCK IM THE HAPPIEST PERSON EVER, IF I KILL A SPIKE A 5 PT AND 10 DOES IM JUST AS HAPPY A TROPHY IS IN THE EYE OF THE HUNTER NOT WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS

I'll answer the question. If I was in charge of a club. I.E. I held the lease on it, then that buck would not be acceptable by an experienced hunter. A kid yes.

Now, I really have no problem with that buck being killed, and wouldn't gripe if it was within the rules of a club I was in. But for my personal goals, it would not be allowed, if I made the rules.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Atoler
[quote=SkiTar]Its your land, S**T on it if you want to. That first picture speaks a thousand words,

TO SEE DONALD RIDE THAT 3 WHEELER THRU THE CORN FIELD WIDE OPEN LONG HAIR FLYING IN THE WIND MIGHT BE MORE THEN SOME PEOPLE ON HERE COULD STAND slap

[Hold my beer and watch this beers
Posted By: RareBreed

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/03/15 10:55 PM

If I'm reading this thread correct I don't think the OP cares how other people hunt and what they want to shoot but the neighboring club is not abiding by the rules for management practice stipulated in the contract. If I joined a club and in the contract it stated that only mature bucks were to be taken and a mature management practice is what drew me, and others, to join said club, then I would also be upset. Obviously people who want to shoot what they want when they want, well, this is not the lease for them but this is what he invested a lot of money and sweat to help to create. Lighten up on him a little he's just venting a little frustration. Nothing wrong with him holding up his end of the contract. For those of you bashing the guys that DO want to shoot a deer legally anytime they want then don't get a lease next to them. Problem solved.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 12:02 AM

Problem is not with the OP, its with all these other idots that are bashing people, including kids, who don't shoot what they think should be shot.
Posted By: Hunting-231

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 12:15 AM

Swampy - I believe that someone riding a yellow 3-wheeler ran over him as a child and caused some brain damage. A noticeable side-effect of the injury is that after he speaks a thousand words - he SH**TS himself.

At least that's what I got from his comment.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 12:18 AM

BUT HEY LETS ADMIT IT, WHAT TIMBER COMPANY'S REALLY CARE ABOUT DEER HEARDS, I MEAN IF THEY DID THEY WOULDN'T CUT EVERY DAMN TREE ON THE PROPERTY. THEY ARE IN IT FOR ONE THING AND THAT IS TO MAKE $$$$ OFF TIMBER, THEY JUST LEASE THE LAND TO PEOPLE TO MAKE EXTRA $$$$

http://www.afoa.org/hunt.htm CLICK THE LINK AND LOOK AT THE FIRST LEASE. 3,993 ACRES AT $12.50/ACRE THATS $49,912.50 + WHAT INSURANCE IS... AT THAT RATE JUST TO GET IT AT A NOT SO AFFORDABLE YEARLY DUES IS 20 MEMBERS AT $2,500.00/YEAR THEN YOU GOT TO INCLUDE ADDITIONAL COST FOR PLOTS, SHOOTING HOUSES, ECT.. (THIS BEING THAT PLOTS AND HOUSES ARE NOT ALREADY THERE)

I MEAN THATS $50,000.00 THAT THE COMPANY OR INDIVIDUAL FOR THAT FACT IS POCKETING JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE WANTS TO HUNT A DEER

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 10:34 AM

Settle down ladies, nobody is whippin anybody's ass!!!!

Like I said before. If your name is on the lease or deed and you want to s**t on your land. That is clearly your choice. However to teach a kid that it is OK to hunt with the killem all attitude is where I think an adult hunter has crossed the line.

If you are going to have no respect for the resource on your land, well so be it but to pass that lack of respect on to the next generation of hunters..........well that speaks volumes about what kind of hunter, person and mentor you really are.

I'm not trying to change any of you "if it's brown it's down" type of hunters. You're certainly free to be stupid ass rednecks if you so choose.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 10:41 AM

Like I said before. If your name is on the lease or deed and you want to s**t on your land. That is clearly your choice. However to teach a kid that it is OK to hunt with the killem all attitude is where I think an adult hunter has crossed the line.

If you are going to have no respect for the resource on your land, well so be it but to pass that lack of respect on to the next generation of hunters..........well that speaks volumes about what kind of hunter, person and mentor you really are.

I'm not trying to change any of you "if it's brown it's down" type of hunters. You're certainly free to be stupid ass rednecks if you so choose.

So, if some of us are not the tv trophy hunter that you obviously are then we're stupid ass rednecks? That's very open minded of you slap

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 10:50 AM

So that is what you are getting out of that first picture ?

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 10:55 AM

So, if some of us are not the tv trophy hunter that you obviously are then we're stupid ass rednecks? That's very open minded of you slap

I dare your ignorant as# tell me what kind of person I am with out ever having met me. You are close to really pissing me off

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 11:17 AM

I'm not a "TV trophy hunter". I simply have respect for the resource and make it a point to be selective with my harvest. I certainly don't need to kill deer to feed my family but if I did I still wouldn't harvest more than two or three deer a year and those would be does unless of course a MATURE buck were to become available. I just do not understand why anyone would want to kill a young buck. Again, if you are hunting for meat, a couple of does should fill the freezer. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt not the thrill of the kill. I enjoy seeing deer on every hunt. I only had one hunt this entire season in which I didn't see deer. We have a very strong density on our lease and I believe this is due to the fact that all of our members are like minded hunters who respect the resource. Thank goodness I don't have to hunt on the same land as some of you guys who kill everything that walks.

By the way, Pea Ridge, I don't need to meet you to know what kind of person you are. You have openly shared that information with me right here in a public forum.
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 11:25 AM

Just for kicks & giggles, here is what I see in that first picture. A yellow 3 wheeler. What does it tell me about the owner.

#1: he is using it to place mineral licks on his property. So he cares about the deer on his place & is trying to improve it.

#2: it is an older model so the individual is performing scheduled maitenance and takes care of the things he owns. The kind of guy who fixes things instead of throwing them away.

#3: Because it is an old 3 wheeler the owner is someone that doesn't have to own the newest model cab crew Can-Am to impress anyone. He is satisfied with a functional ATV that performs the duties he needs. Probably not posting kill pics or fist pumping over the deer he harvests.

Basically an individual that I would be happy to meet & hunt with.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 11:31 AM

I'm not a "TV trophy hunter". I simply have respect for the resource and make it a point to be selective with my harvest. I certainly don't need to kill deer to feed my family but if I did I still wouldn't harvest more than two or three deer a year and those would be does unless of course a MATURE buck were to become available. I just do not understand why anyone would want to kill a young buck. Again, if you are hunting for meat, a couple of does should fill the freezer. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt not the thrill of the kill. I enjoy seeing deer on every hunt. I only had one hunt this entire season in which I didn't see deer. We have a very strong density on our lease and I believe this is due to the fact that all of our members are like minded hunters who respect the resource. Thank goodness I don't have to hunt on the same land as some of you guys who kill everything that walks.

By the way, Pea Ridge, I don't need to meet you to know what kind of person you are. You have openly shared that information with me right here in a public forum.

I don't recall ever say in I'm a stupid ass redneck or anything else. That's just your ASSumption
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 11:44 AM

I don't recall ever say in I'm a stupid ass redneck or anything else. That's just your ASSumption

I'll not say anything about the stupid part without meeting you but I've been to Pea Ridge and odds are the redneck part fits.... laugh laugh laugh this from a Bibb Co nuevo redneck.....

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred

I'll not say anything about the stupid part without meeting you but I've been to Pea Ridge and odds are the redneck part fits.... laugh laugh laugh this from a Bibb Co nuevo redneck.....

Haha good one Troy. I'll take being called a redneck any day just not a stupid a#$ one
Posted By: MANGLER

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishduck
Just for kicks & giggles, here is what I see in that first picture. A yellow 3 wheeler. What does it tell me about the owner.

#1: he is using it to place mineral licks on his property. So he cares about the deer on his place & is trying to improve it.

#2: it is an older model so the individual is performing scheduled maitenance and takes care of the things he owns. The kind of guy who fixes things instead of throwing them away.

#3: Because it is an old 3 wheeler the owner is someone that doesn't have to own the newest model cab crew Can-Am to impress anyone. He is satisfied with a functional ATV that performs the duties he needs. Probably not posting kill pics or fist pumping over the deer he harvests.

Basically an individual that I would be happy to meet & hunt with.

That's pretty spot on but don't tell the expert with 7 posts he allready knows all about the people on this site.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 02:43 PM

I want to give skitard an early nod for 2015 poster of the year.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 03:33 PM

I'll leave you with one last piece of advice. The mineral lick isn't going to do the trick. Considering that you've shot every deer you see on your property, you're going to need to pile up corn all over the place if you're going to have any hope of sucking the deer off your neighbors property. Hell, you might as well break out the spotlight and shoot them when they stop by for their evening snack. But beware, there is a limit to how far the deer will travel to eat your corn piles. Once you've killed all of those, deer are going to be tough to come by.

Who cares about the deer anyway, I hear bass taste pretty good. You can always throw the cooler in the boat and go fill it up. I have little doubt that the freezer at your house is home to more than one bass filet.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 03:42 PM

I'll leave you with one last piece of advice. The mineral lick isn't going to do the trick. Considering that you've shot every deer you see on your property, you're going to need to pile up corn all over the place if you're going to have any hope of sucking the deer off your neighbors property. Hell, you might as well break out the spotlight and shoot them when they stop by for their evening snack. But beware, there is a limit to how far the deer will travel to eat your corn piles. Once you've killed all of those, deer are going to be tough to come by.

Who cares about the deer anyway, I hear bass taste pretty good. You can always throw the cooler in the boat and go fill it up. I have little doubt that the freezer at your house is home to more than one bass filet.

Now hold on a damn minute. First I can't shoot legal deer, now I can't eat legal fish? Good Lord I'm glad you're not the one in charge of what I get to do for RECREATION.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 04:17 PM

I bet his wife's tells him when he can go hunting and that he ain't mounting a deer

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 04:26 PM

I don't eat bass or fish for them. Bream, catfish and crappie are much better eating to me. Pics of my best Alabama buck, pulled him off the neighbors property with a fawn bleat.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 04:31 PM

Congrats on a TROPHY to you Donald.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 05:02 PM

Congrats on a TROPHY to you Donald.

Thanks! A trophy is in the eye of the beholder. I knew when I got him on camera, he was the buck I wanted. Hunted hard for him that year. Finally ended up luring him in with my new fawn bleat during the rut. Guess he thought I was a doe fawn.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 05:48 PM

Awesome buck, Swampy. Congrats on the legal harvest and your enjoyment of the hunt.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 05:52 PM

I don't eat bass or fish for them. Bream, catfish and crappie are much better eating to me. Pics of my best Alabama buck, pulled him off the neighbors property with a fawn bleat.

Great buck swampy. Bet he taste great on a biscuit.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 05:58 PM

Alright skitard, swampy posted up his trophy, now let's see some of yours. I bet you got some dandys with your high standards.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 06:37 PM

Screwing your first cousin is also legal in our state. I think some of you guys take the whole "if it's legal it's OK to do it" thing a little too far. But hey, you're grown ass men, free to do whatever the hell you want, right (so long as it within the law).

Enjoy that spike stew. I'm just glad it came off your land and not mine. Lets's get one thing strait....I couldn't care less if you killed every living animal on your land. I think your a dipsh*t for doing it, but I certainly couldn't care less.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 06:45 PM

Wow name call the admins

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 06:47 PM

It was the best spike stew and tenderloins I have ever ate SkiTar. Might have came off your land for all I know, since I called it across the property line.
Posted By: Baybuzzard

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 06:52 PM

Who's got who hooked?

Sounds like the troller is gettin trolled

laugh

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 06:52 PM

Whew. Such hatred and crassness because of a deer.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 07:12 PM

What's the over/under skitard makes it to the end of the month?
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 07:49 PM

Screwing your first cousin is also legal in our state. I think some of you guys take the whole "if it's legal it's OK to do it" thing a little too far. But hey, you're grown ass men, free to do whatever the hell you want, right (so long as it within the law).

Enjoy that spike stew. I'm just glad it came off your land and not mine. Lets's get one thing strait....I couldn't care less if you killed every living animal on your land. I think your a dipsh*t for doing it, but I certainly couldn't care less.

I don't like you, you POS.. Aint no sense in beating around the bush.. You are the dumbest IDOT on this whole thread.. Don't be telling people what they can and can't kill legally on their property. I bet you voted for Obama and support the fluffies.. you damn TARD!!!

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: daniel white

I don't like you, you POS.. Aint no sense in beating around the bush.. You are the dumbest IDOT on this whole thread.. Don't be telling people what they can and can't kill legally on their property. I bet you voted for Obama and support the fluffies.. you damn TARD!!!

You don't have to sugar coat anything DW, just tell us how you really feel grin

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: joshm28
What's the over/under skitard makes it to the end of the month?

I'll give him until Shaw catches wind of this thread laugh

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 08:06 PM

rofl
Posted By: Bamabucks14

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 08:24 PM

rofl rofl
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 08:26 PM

I have a buddy who married his first cousin, but she was smokin hot, so I suppose that's ok.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/04/15 09:06 PM

I always heard cousins was OK to practice on.......as long as you did it on your own property.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 02:31 PM

Well Baybuzzard I just kept passing on the 10 points but now that I got old DW (a 14 point), I've reached my limit and tagged out. My work here is done.

You guys enjoy the spike stew and first cousin tally. I've got a herd of deer to tend to. See you later!

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 02:50 PM

Well Babybuzzard I just kept passing on the 10 points but now that I got old DW (a 14 point), I've reached my limit and tagged out. My work here is done.

You guys enjoy the spike stew and first cousin tally. I've got a heard of deer to tend to. See you later!

Herd.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 03:34 PM

DW your reading skills are slipping. I have, more than once, said that I don't care what you do on your own property. As a mater of fact the following is a direct quote from the post you replied to:

" Lets's get one thing strait....I couldn't care less if you killed every living animal on your land. I think your a dipsh*t for doing it, but I certainly couldn't care less."

I understand that the reading comprehension level of a few people on this thread is probably fairly low but damn, I can't spell it out any more clear than I have.
Posted By: hoggin

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 03:40 PM

over and over
Posted By: burbank

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 03:53 PM

Awesome thread. I bet SkiTar is a bama fan.

Educated guess....

smile

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 04:04 PM

Well Crap burbank, I was going to say I'm a Florida State fan to see if I could hook a few more of these lollipops but you outed me. ROLL Tide Bit**es.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 04:30 PM

laugh

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 06:23 PM

DW your reading skills are slipping. I have, more than once, said that I don't care what you do on your own property. As a mater of fact the following is a direct quote from the post you replied to:

" Lets's get one thing strait....I couldn't care less if you killed every living animal on your land. I think your a dipsh*t for doing it, but I certainly couldn't care less."

I understand that the reading comprehension level of a few people on this thread is probably fairly low but damn, I can't spell it out any more clear than I have.

Come on over to the dove shoot. We can work it out.
Posted By: Haybale

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 06:41 PM

Come on over to the dove shoot. We can work it out.

grin I'll hold your beer and video it dw. laugh

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 06:52 PM

Hey DW, just how big a sumbi**h are ya, anyway?

If you're going to threaten somebody, I'm gona need to know what I'm dealing with.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 06:58 PM

popcorn popcorn popcorn

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 06:59 PM

Who is this skitard. Gotta be somebody from here
Posted By: frezznh2o

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 07:15 PM

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 07:27 PM

If you're going to threaten somebody, I'm gona need to know what I'm dealing with.
Oh he's a pretty big ol boy, but he's very soft. Just a big ol cow milking, dog huntin puss.
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 09:24 PM

Are you serious Clark ?

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/05/15 10:25 PM

Now cut that out boy, or he’ll spank you where the feathers are thinnest.
Posted By: deerkiller24

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/06/15 12:05 AM

Haha. Ol skitard does your balls get big to kill a big buck. Or think your just some hot sh** because you kill a big buck. You so called trophy hunters kill me. Why don't you all just find a different state to hunt and leave us so called stupid rednecks alone. That way we don't keep having 10 threads in 3 months to read like this and half to listen to grown as* men cry about somebody else killing some little deer. Must have sucked on a tit to long to cry about crap like a deer. I kill what i want and how many i want. You all just kill what you want and don't worry about what he/she kills. If a grown man talks about a kid killing something that makes he/she happy and puts them down they need a serious a** whipping in my book.
Posted By: RareBreed

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/06/15 12:36 AM

This popcorn is making me thirsty.
Posted By: dead_eye

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/06/15 11:10 PM

Being a newbie I'm confused.

Can I still screw my goat in my new rubber boots if I'm on my property skiturd? I like to go to my neighbors pond when it's a pretty day for the scenery.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/06/15 11:23 PM

Here's a beer to quench your thirst, RareBreed:

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/06/15 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: dead_eye

Can I still screw my goat in my new rubber boots if I'm on my property skiturd? I like to go to my neighbors pond when it's a pretty day for the scenery.

Hip waders work much better

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/06/15 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Clem

I just watched this for 10mins...

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/06/15 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: dead_eye

Hip waders work much better

Ever had a leg get hung up on the piece that attaches to the belt? Shite gets real and takes catch and release to a whole new level.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/07/15 01:41 AM

Clem, I like your style.. thumbup

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/07/15 01:45 AM

^^^^^^^ X3 thumbup
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/07/15 03:59 AM

This cat ain't got a clue what he's walking in to. I also want to see some pics of deer you have killed. As arrogant of a trophy guy you are you better have killed some sure enough big uns! BTW I don't shoot young deer on my property. I work very hard on it and try to grow mature deer. With that being said, I don't give a rip what a fellow shoots at his place. After all, it is HIS place. As long as it makes HIM happy it isn't any of my business.

Quick DW story. One time back on high school a boy was running his mouth to DW. As y'all can imagine DW didn't put up with much of that. DW pulled up to the local hang out parking lot, got out of his truck, and said " I'm about to pull these flip flops off and whoop your arse". And by George he sure enough done it! Id love to see this skitar guy roll up to an aldeer gathering. smile

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/07/15 04:08 AM

Originally Posted By: NortonZ7

This cat ain't got a clue what he's walking in to. I also want to see some pics of deer you have killed. As arrogant of a trophy guy you are you better have killed some sure enough big uns! BTW I don't shoot young deer on my property. I work very hard on it and try to grow mature deer. With that being said, I don't give a rip what a fellow shoots at his place. After all, it is HIS place. As long as it makes HIM happy it isn't any of my business.

Quick DW story. One time back on high school a boy was running his mouth to DW. As y'all can imagine DW didn't put up with much of that. DW pulled up to the local hang out parking lot, got out of his truck, and said " I'm about to pull these flip flops off and whoop your arse". And by George he sure enough done it! Id love to see this skitar guy roll up to an aldeer gathering. smile

IT WOULD BE AN INTERESTING "GET TOGETHER" AT YEKRUT'S CLUB WITH HIM AND DW
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/07/15 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: NortonZ7

IT WOULD BE AN INTERESTING "GET TOGETHER" AT YEKRUT'S CLUB WITH HIM AND DW

I know where I'm putting my money.

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/07/15 04:34 AM

SAME HERE..MIGHT EVEN GET OL GOODMANHUNTER AND BILL DILLARD DOWN THERE
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Work for so much for so little - 02/07/15 07:44 AM

Clem, I like your style.. thumbup

That might make them stones pass If you watch it enough times!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM